Beutiful insect macro-pictures...

GRiM

The Living Force
http://pishmo.com/macro/
ex:
zhuchki_08.jpg

wow cool pics.For some reason,ever since a child I was fascinated by the praying mantis...they always seem to have that "wise beyond their years" look to them.Not the one you picked(some sort of cool caterpillar)but the other pictures on that site.

These are extraordinary photographs-and I agree with Danny-the Mantis pics are awesome-what does the caption in (Russian?) say? Yikes! Where's the bug spray?! (Need an industrial size can for these guys)

The white mantis with the "eye spot" wings is really terrifying-but oh so cool looking-like some kind of bio-engineered monster from a Japanese horror flick! Move over Godzilla! It's Mantisara! AHHHHHH!!!

One thing I noticed and thought was pretty curious.Take a close look at picture # 17...it is a drawing not an actual picture...and look closely at the background.How did that pic get slipped in?Also the writing around that symbol(pentagram or whatever it is) looks Runic.Can anyone confirm/deny this?I'm interested in what it says.

I believe the insect photo is an enlargement same as the rest Danny-superimposed over the Pentagram -the glyphs around the Pentagram seem familiar and there do appear to be runes (cannot read them-must of skipped that incarnation...hehe)

The writing around the Pentagram starting at top and going counter clockwise=HELLSING-HELL'S GATE ARRESTED (the next bit is partially obscured by the insects body) but starts with G------- AND SHINE HEAVEN NOW

Looks like it might be an album /CD cover used as a background for the bug-

http://pishmo.com/macro/zhuchki_17.jpg

hmmm, I wonder if its not a real picture photoshopped onto a background?
But since the mantis (eh... insect, I guess its a mantis) is out of focus I would think its a real picture.
Not sure though.

GRiM said:
http://pishmo.com/macro/zhuchki_17.jpg

hmmm, I wonder if its not a real picture photoshopped onto a background?
But since the mantis (eh... insect, I guess its a mantis) is out of focus I would think its a real picture.
Not sure though.
Yes, it is a photo of a mantis photoshopped onto a background

Hmmm.....I was a Jedi Master yesterday but now I have been demoted, what is the meaning of this outrage?

The writting on the outside is a version of a script called theban - it seems to say the samething as the english on the inner part, but some of the symbols are not standard (though what is standard for that script?), and the softness of the background makes it hard to be sure ... I'm not big into theban so I had to look it up in a book to be sure, and I don't know any of the alternate symbols. Now if it had been runes it would have been easier - lol.

I just noticed I was demoted too ben - maybe they added new levels, or alted the number of posts required for the various titles ...

Cool thanks for the input.Yeah just looking through them was like....ooh...ahhh...hey that's nice....oooo....hey wait a second! lol

Back
Top Bottom