Bimanual Interference

EmeraldR

Jedi Council Member

BIMANUAL INTERFERENCE​

bimanual-interference
n. a problem which occurs when the movement of the two arms or hands are not designed to be coordinated or symmetrical. For instance, playing the piano requires an individual to perform different movements with the hands or to do the same movement but in a different timing.
BIMANUAL INTERFERENCE: “The problem with bimanual interference is that the movement of the two hands become non-symmetrical and differently-timed.”

Being able to skillfully perform bimanual movements represents a major developmental shift in motor skills and cognitive demands,It has been suggested that interhemispheric development, more specifically interhemispheric specialization, and transfer play an important role in this process.

Hi everyone ! I was in a qigong class recently and one of the exercises was rubbing the palms of the hands in opposite directions- I observed that I was unable to do that at all ,its easy to go in the same direction though !
anyway I ve done a bit of research and shared some links regarding bimanual interference. Anyone else find this issue?

the video below talks about this and also introduces some simple exercise to facilitate the counter clockwise hand movements - it takes a bit of time and consistent practice.

with arms in video below below

and below an article on a study addressing the development of bimanual interference in children performing a dual motor task, in which each hand executes a different task simultaneously.

👋👍

Back
Top Bottom