Black Knight (South Korean TV series)

Uperios

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
What attracted me to this TV series: interesting trailer and that is south korean.
But after seeing the 6 episodes I am surprised that Netflix allowed it to it's platform.
I will try to avoid big spoilers:
+ comet hit the earth (IMO one of the possibilities that awaits us)
+ the elites have gone underground
+ psychopathy in action (the son of the chairman of the corporation)
+ the lack of critical thinking for the masses (after being had by the corporation; they come back to them by giving personal info and subjected to medical examination)
+ the "vaccine" is killing the people (to receive salvation: after medical exam, the people need to receive the vaccine, made by the same corporation) ;this aspect was the most surprising for me (because IMO is depicting the current situation; and put it on it's platform)

Short description:
Black Knight (Korean: 택배기사) is a 2023 South Korean streaming television series written and directed by Cho Ui-seok, and starring Kim Woo-bin, Song Seung-heon, Kang Yoo-seok and Esom.[5] Based on the webtoon of the same title by Lee Yun-kyun, it depicts a dystopian future where extensive air pollution has become a huge problem after a comet destroyed most of the world and forced the people who are still alive to depend on elite delivery drivers for survival. It was released on Netflix on May 12, 2023.[6][7]

Synopsis

In 2071, extreme air pollution has turned the majority of the Korean peninsula into a wasteland after a comet wiped out all but 1% of its original population, who live in segregated districts based on their social status. They are also required to wear respirators and rely on the "Knights", specialized delivery drivers, to provide them with the supplies (especially fresh oxygen) they need to stay alive. One day, a legendary knight called '5-8' meets a boy named Sa-Wol, who wishes to become a Knight just like him, and decides to train him so that he can accomplish his dream in the dark and dangerous world that they live in.[8]

Back
Top Bottom