Brown Gas generator for car

chaps23

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Basically been looking these things up for a while, I would rather just buy one but by the looks of things if i make one myself I know it will be done right with smaller risk.

_http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/watercar/h20car2.htm

On YouTube if you type HHO or Brown Gas you will find various people using this technology in thier cars reducing fuel consumtion by upto 30% and I'm sure it works,

There is also a welder I have seen that I believe would be an exelent source for heating/ Distilling water in the case of running out of power/electricity I believe it practical to also be able to be used to run a power generator.

My question is what do you guys think? is this practical or am I wasting my time?

Mod's note: The link has been deactivated.

chaps23 said:
Basically been looking these things up for a while, I would rather just buy one but by the looks of things if i make one myself I know it will be done right with smaller risk.

_http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/watercar/h20car2.htm

On YouTube if you type HHO or Brown Gas you will find various people using this technology in thier cars reducing fuel consumtion by upto 30% and I'm sure it works,

There is also a welder I have seen that I believe would be an exelent source for heating/ Distilling water in the case of running out of power/electricity I believe it practical to also be able to be used to run a power generator.

My question is what do you guys think? is this practical or am I wasting my time?

There are some HHO units which can be bought which work pretty well for the purpose of increasing gas mileage. One thing to note is that modern cars come with computer controlled engine management and can override any gains that might have resulted from installing a HHO generator. This can be overcome with an electronic device which alters the signal from the Oxygen sensor and allows gains to be made. These can also be purchased.

As far as attempting to run engines entirely on HHO, there are some people who are working on this, but it is difficult to produce enough HHO to continuously run an engine. There are some designs which claim to produce 10 times or more the amount of HHO gas than is normally produced by normal electolysis according the the calculations often used for this purpose. Still it is not easy and lots of research still needs to be done to be able to run a car in this way.

There are a few other technologies coming along which may well provide the benefits you seek, and then some, in somewhat different ways. Of course, there is not any real governmental or corporate interest to move these technologies out of prototype and into production.

Mod's note: The link has been deactivated.

Methinks this has been done/tried before, again and again. The reason you don't see it in production, or even in the news, is as Richard said...

Richard S said:
...Of course, there is not any real governmental or corporate interest to move these technologies out of prototype and into production.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Who wouldn't want a V8 running on hydrogen, who?

Back
Top Bottom