Buy Contact lenses in USA

Galaxia2002

Dagobah Resident
Hi, I need to buy contact lenses in the USA to replace mines. I live in Latin America and here with the formula (formula is the diopters and diameter) you can buy in any store. But I don't know if I need a medical order for to buy in the USA.

In this page say:

"Availability: In stock. Will ship once your prescription has been verified"

I am confused because in my country "prescription" is a medical order while in the US "prescription" seems to be what I call formula above.

So what I need to know is if a medical order is needed to buy online.

thanks

When you get glasses or contact lenses in the US the doctor writes a prescription containing the formula, as you describes. On the prescription is the doctor's name and contact information as well as DEA number.

See this: _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_prescription

In the US, unless it's an over the counter medication (like aspirin or cough medicine) you can buy at any type of store, you need a prescription for all medications, glasses or even some medical supplies and equipment.

Galaxia, do you know your prescription for contacts? How old is it?

Galaxia2002 said:
Thank you Lilou fortunately I found a pair here!!

You're welcome. I'm a licensed eye doctor here in the states, so if you ever need help getting contacts, let me know. :)

Hi Lilou I've got the same problem, I'm from colombia and my prescription is from last mont, any help would be great! :D

Back
Top Bottom