C Songs

Truthseeker101

Padawan Learner
FOTCM Member
Hello Everyone,

There are so many powerful concepts/ideas on this forum that I have always fantasized about how great it would be if bits and pieces of this wisdom
could be captured in songs that were fun to listen to as well as sing. I know there are a lot of creative people who are members of this forum, so I wanted to put this idea out there in the hopes that they would be inspired to write and share some of their own original songs that feature lyrics with forum related themes …. I’ll call them “C Songs”. I think there are some examples of this already but I wish there were more “C Songs”. To date, I have only managed to write 3 C songs. As an example of what I am talking about ... I just copyrighted what I think of as an original C song called "Riding The Wave" ... Haven't finished recording it but I'm happy to post the lyrics if asked :-).

If there were C songs on the charts right now or songs that had some of the Revolt T Shirt slogans as a lyric, I would be thrilled. Don't you wish you had C songs like ... "Give a Lie What it Asks For" (feat. The C's) in your Spotify playlists? So my question to forum members is: What ideas, C’s quotes, concepts do you wish were captured in songs? Perhaps I am not the only one who longs for music with a lot of these ideas in the lyrics? And remember, it can be a concept too … I seem to remember that Laura highlighted the lyrics to Won’t Get Fooled Again … what a great song and what a smart message. Anyway, you get the idea. What lyric ideas, messages, quotes, song titles etc. do you wish you were hearing in popular music? Maybe if people started listing their favorite quotes/concepts etc ... some of the forum musician/songwriters would be inspired to incorporate those ideas and then we could grow our C song playlists?

I like the idea.

The thing about song lyrics is that complex idea's have to be distilled down and given in bite size pieces, there can be various levels of meaning in the lyrics, and mixed with good music and catchy melodies can be an awesome way to spread messages.

If it's done using this platform and the creative brains trust here, I think it should be for the benefit of the group in general and that any copyrights, if that is necessary or needed, should perhaps belong to either FOCTM or QFG to help fund the projects that are conducted for the benefit of all.

Still, I'd be interested in hearing or reading the lyrics of your song.

If it's done using this platform and the creative brains trust here, I think it should be for the benefit of the group in general and that any copyrights, if that is necessary or needed, should perhaps belong to either FOCTM or QFG to help fund the projects that are conducted for the benefit of all.

Agreed. This idea is so far from being manifested at this point that I was hoping to first see what people thought (If anyone even liked it ... and if there seemed to be any momentum or support for the idea). Also, for all I know there are others on this forum who have already written C songs of their own ... perhaps they have been shared with forum members and I missed them?

Still, I'd be interested in hearing or reading the lyrics of your song.

Here you go. The music is light and fun and the lyrics fly by quickly. I would ask forum members to go easy on me if they find fault in these words and/or if they hate them .

Riding The Wave

If heaven came easily, I’d be through the gate
With Satan retreating, his Hell would have to wait
He’d have a new reason for putting me down
I’d have enough meaning to keep it all straight
With my mind expanding, you know that I’d create
Whatever was asked for by those all around

So baby you can take my hand
We’ll ride on the wave that’s coming for change
The signs are everywhere
And maybe we can make our stand
Break out of this maze, no longer afraid
We’ll fight for every man who’s down
Who’s looking for answers to find what it takes to finally change
The bits and pieces that we know are making us crazy!

Angels are calling, looking for saints
They’re making it easy, now they listen to complaints
They know it’s the right time, the knowledge is out
Weather keeps changing every day
The new rearranging of the atmosphere at play
To skip the disaster, you better start now!

So baby you can take my hand
We’ll ride on the wave that’s coming for change
The signs are everywhere and maybe we can make our stand
Step out of this maze, no longer afraid
We’ll fight for every man who’s down
Who’s running on empty but finding their way
Working to change the bits and pieces that we know are making us crazy!

My heart is aching for the down and out, the lonely and the poor
We give when they’re asking …
We gotta ride this wave to shore … So we will ride …

Chorus ...

Thanks for sharing :-)

I want to change the wording of my post. I felt uncomfortable with the word 'should' as I was writing it and I'd like to replace the 'should' with 'I'd like it better' and since that is a personal thing then you feel free to do what you will with your music. My apologies for any idea's of limitation that my post put on you.

Thanks for sharing :-)

I want to change the wording of my post. I felt uncomfortable with the word 'should' as I was writing it and I'd like to replace the 'should' with 'I'd like it better' and since that is a personal thing then you feel free to do what you will with your music. My apologies for any idea's of limitation that my post put on you.
Thank you for the clarification and thanks for posting your thoughts about the idea. I think the messages here are so important and great that when they are distilled down into "Bite size pieces" as you mentioned, they can add clarity to a confused world and be a helpful force.

Back
Top Bottom