California Moves to Ban Religious and Personal Vaccine Exemptions

davey72

The Living Force
This article states that a couple states have already implemented this law. I hadnt heard of this before. Looks like homeschooling will be the only option in the near future.
-http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/california-moves-ban-religious-and-personal-vaccine-exemptions

This has been covered on Sott. The bill passed. :mad:

http://www.sott.net/article/298356-California-mandates-poisoning-children-SB277-Vaccine-Bill-Passes

SB 277 at this stage is not yet law. It didn't even make it out of the Legislature until a couple hours ago. The governor still has to sign it or veto it. Let's wait and see what happens next.

_http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83887787/
California Legislature passes mandatory vaccination bill

By Melanie Mason

June 29, 2015, 12:45 p.m.

A bill that would require mandatory vaccinations for nearly all children enrolled in schools is on its way to Gov. Jerry Brown’s desk after clearing its last legislative hurdle Monday afternoon.

The measure — one of the toughest vaccination bills in the country — has sparked heated and emotional debate in the Capitol since it was introduced in February in the wake of an outbreak of measles at Disneyland that ultimately infected more than 150 people.

The state Senate, which first approved the measure in May, voted 24-14 in favor of minor amendments to the legislation, which passed the Assembly last week. Monday’s votes were cast mainly along partisan lines, with most Democrats voting in favor.

“The science remains unequivocal that vaccines are safe and vaccines save lives,” said Sen. Richard Pan (D-Sacramento), a pediatrician and an author of the bill.

Republican senators said the bill constituted government overreach. Sen. Joel Anderson (R-San Diego) said the measure was “a direct attack on our liberty and a violation of our parental rights.”

The bill now heads to Gov. Brown for review. Evan Westrup, a spokesman for the governor, said last week that Brown “believes that vaccinations are profoundly important and a major public health benefit, and any bill that reaches his desk will be closely considered.”

Under the proposal, children enrolling in public or private schools, or day care, would be required to have certain vaccinations, such as those guarding against measles or whooping cough. Parents no longer would be able to cite personal or religious beliefs to decline the immunizations.

Children with certain medical problems, such as immune system deficiencies, would be exempt from the requirement if a physician confirms the condition. Those who decline the vaccinations would have to enroll their children in a home-based private school or public independent study program based off campus.

The bill has been one of the most contentious measures taken up by the Legislature this year, attracting large, vocal crowds of parents during a series of legislative hearings on the measure. Those in favor of the bill argued it was necessary to boost statewide immunization rates,

Opponents to the measure said they believed that vaccines are unsafe and that the proposal would infringe on parents’ rights to choose whether to vaccinate their children.

Pan has received death threats over the bill. And opponents of the proposal have filed papers with the state to initiate the process of recalling Pan and Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel), a vocal supporter, from office.

The bill, SB 277 by Pan and Democrat Benjamin Allen of Santa Monica, passed the Assembly on Thursday on a bipartisan 46-31 vote.

So sad if it does go through. They passed a law in Australia for mandatory vaccination with no religious exemption if one wants to get Government rebates. :evil:

No Jab, No Pay reforms: Religious exemptions for vaccination dumped

RELIGIOUS exemptions for childhood vaccinations will be scrapped to toughen Australia’s new “no jab, no pay’’ laws stripping welfare from parents who refuse to vaccinate their children. Social Services Minister Scott Morrison revealed he is dumping the last remaining exemption on the books after holding talks with religious leaders. Just a week after The Sunday Telegraph revealed Mr Morrison was scrapping exemptions for so-called conscientious objectors, he said that there will also be no registered religious exemptions in the future. The welfare ban for vaccine refusers will cover the childcare rebate, the childcare benefit and the annual Family Tax Benefit A supplement and could be worth up to $15,000 for every child depending on family income.

All families are eligible for the $7500 childcare rebate based on the number of days of childcare used because it is not means tested. Mr Morrison had refused to publicise the only religion with a registered exemption fearing vaccine refusers would ­exploit the loophole. The religious exemption was in place since the Howard Government years but now it will also be scrapped. “We have had further discussions with the Church of Christ, Scientist and have formed the view that the registered exemption they have had in place is no longer current or necessary and therefore it will be ­removed,’’ he said. “They are not advising anyone in their religion not to vaccinate people. Having spoken to them we no longer see that exemption as being current. As a result, there is no longer any religious exemption for vaccination. And there won’t be any religious exemptions for vaccinations. So the only exemption now is medical. We’re not accepting any further exemptions from any religious exemptions. “It won’t be changing under us. That’s a policy decision that we will no longer be accepting any religious exemptions. “The only reason that one was in place was because it was there. That’s no longer necessary and as a result I think that makes it all very simple now. “The reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. People strongly support it and would welcome us going further, so we’re happy to do so.’’

Vaccine refusers have flocked to online forums to try to think of ways to dodge the tough new laws. But according to the census, there are fewer than 1400 Australian ­citizens who have identified themselves as ­Christian Scientists.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/no-jab-no-pay-reforms-religious-exemptions-for-vaccination-dumped/story-fnpn118l-1227309841664

Sigh !... the psychopatic Empire is coming at us with all guns blazing.....i think that more crazy laws are going to be passed in the coming year in the US :mad:

Mr.Cyan said:
Sigh !... the psychopatic Empire is coming at us with all guns blazing.....i think that more crazy laws are going to be passed in the coming year in the US :mad:

Yep. My feelings exactly. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to go out of the house.

Laura said:
Mr.Cyan said:

Yep. My feelings exactly. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to go out of the house.

I honestly am not even safe at home Laura. (seriously negative setbacks hit via my mobile). For the last 3 months, and this month in particular, I have NEVER, ever been hit so hard on a daily basis (sometimes even 2 traumatic events a day) by the shocks/ General Law!! I most probably had it coming to me in some ways from bad choices/decisions, but all (past/current events) is suddenly coming out of the woodwork, blind-siding me every day. Drowning in sh*t (understatement), which has truly hit the fan for me atm. :( :cry: :mad: :evil: :scared:

I WILL post about it when I have more energy/clarity? as its totally, totally draining - teetering on the edge of the abyss. I couldn't even make it up if I tried!

I will just say for now that I am in the 'middle' of it (hopefully).
The only positive aspect is the most unusual help, from the most unusual place, (person), without which this 'clearing' (well, I pray it is but cannot trust my judgement atm), would have been impossible for me to cope with.
I don't intend to be vague but know, at this juncture, I will only brain dump, which is not externally considerate.
However, I just needed to touch base here, with the only true help I will ever get on this planet.
No kidding when I say I feel like I am in a pool with sharks and pyrranahs (evil) taking bites out of me at their leisure, involving recent decisions/events, to way back to over 10 years ago (all inter-connected?)!
I'm holding on to my AIM for dear life atm, as I am truly being sucked under, (every which way) and am very, VERY, scared.

happyliza said:
Laura said:
Mr.Cyan said:

I honestly am not even safe at home Laura. (seriously negative setbacks hit via my mobile). For the last 3 months, and this month in particular, I have NEVER, ever been hit so hard on a daily basis (sometimes even 2 traumatic events a day) by the shocks/ General Law!! I most probably had it coming to me in some ways from bad choices/decisions, but all (past/current events) is suddenly coming out of the woodwork, blind-siding me every day. Drowning in sh*t (understatement), which has truly hit the fan for me atm. :( :cry: :mad: :evil: :scared:

I WILL post about it when I have more energy/clarity? as its totally, totally draining - teetering on the edge of the abyss. I couldn't even make it up if I tried!

I will just say for now that I am in the 'middle' of it (hopefully).
The only positive aspect is the most unusual help, from the most unusual place, (person), without which this 'clearing' (well, I pray it is but cannot trust my judgement atm), would have been impossible for me to cope with.
I don't intend to be vague but know, at this juncture, I will only brain dump, which is not externally considerate.
However, I just needed to touch base here, with the only true help I will ever get on this planet.
No kidding when I say I feel like I am in a pool with sharks and pyrranahs (evil) taking bites out of me at their leisure, involving recent decisions/events, to way back to over 10 years ago (all inter-connected?)!
I'm holding on to my AIM for dear life atm, as I am truly being sucked under, (every which way) and am very, VERY, scared.

HI HAPPYLIZA. Hope u are ok. I seem to be in a similar situation myself and hopefully will not procrastinate too long before opening up on the forum. Take care of yourself. :)

The absolute nerve of these people is astounding! Who in the hell do they think they are??? The whole thing just makes me want to fight! :phaser:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Guess which state legislator received the most campaign contributions from the pharmaceutical industry in 2013-2014? The author the vaccine bill SB 277, Richard Pan.

_http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article24913978.html
June 18, 2015
Drug companies donated millions to California lawmakers before vaccine debate

Industry gave more than $2 million to current lawmakers in 2013-14

Opponents of SB 277 link supporters to pharmaceutical donations

Drug companies report no involvement in vaccine legislation

By Jim Miller

_jmiller[at]sacbee.com

A subplot to the vociferous debate over the student vaccination bill moving through California’s Capitol is opponents’ allegations that the effort reflects the influence of the pharmaceutical industry.

Critics of Senate Bill 277, which would eliminate the personal belief and religious exemptions for schoolchildren, accuse the measure’s supporters in the Legislature of doing the bidding of donors who make vaccines and other pharmaceuticals.

The bill’s proponents and drug companies dismiss the charge. The companies’ lobbyist filings for the first quarter of this year as well as legislative committee reports show no connection between the pharmaceutical industry and SB 277.

“We aren’t pushing this bill behind the scenes,” said Priscilla VanderVeer, the senior director for communications for the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, known as PhRMA, the industry’s main trade group. The group has no taken no position on SB 277, although the group has long backed vaccinations as sound public health policy, she said.

Other legislation has a more direct bearing on the industry, and it is an active political player. Pharmaceutical companies and their trade groups gave more than $2 million to current members of the Legislature in 2013-2014, about 2 percent of the total raised, records show. Nine of the top 20 recipients are either legislative leaders or serve on either the Assembly or Senate health committees. Receiving more than $95,000, the top recipient of industry campaign cash is Sen. Richard Pan, a Sacramento Democrat and doctor who is carrying the vaccine bill.

In addition, the industry donated more than $500,000 to outside campaign spending groups that helped elect some current members last year.

Leading pharmaceutical companies also spent nearly $3 million more during the 2013-2014 legislative session lobbying the Legislature, the governor, the state pharmacists’ board and other agencies, according to state filings.

Jim Miller: (916) 326-5521, _[at]jimmiller2

Top drug maker donors

State records show that pharmaceutical companies and trade groups donated more than $2 million to current lawmakers in 2013-2014.

Pharmaceutical company or group

Campaign donations to current state legislators

Direct lobbying payments

Johnson & Johnson Inc.

$86,300

$583,926

GlaxoSmithKline

$32,250

$561,479

Eli Lilly & Company

$193,100

$280,863

Gilead Sciences Inc.

$77,600

$196,732

Biocom PAC

$30,000

$223,224

Sanofi

$48,000

$172,500

Abbott Laboratories

$173,600

$42,500

Astellas Pharma US Inc.

$47,900

$161,440

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LLP

$157,300

$49,583

Merck & Co. Inc.

$91,600

$108,204

California Pharmacists Association

$53,389

$134,176

Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers Assn.

$137,950

$45,455

Eisai Inc.

$92,000

$88,000

Bristol-Myers Squibb Company

$32,300

$144,101

Pfizer

$150,600

$21,250

AbbVie

$138,425

$25,530

Amgen

$105,600

$45,455

Allergan USA Inc.

$120,100

$22,757

Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA Inc.

$40,000

$83,348

Pharmacy Professionals of California

$32,000

$0

Top drug maker recipients

Lawmaker

Party/District

Amount

Sen. Richard Pan*

D-Sacramento

$95,150

Assembly Speaker Toni Atkins

D-San Diego

$90,250

Sen. Ed Hernandez*

D-Azusa

$67,750

Sen. Holly Mitchell*

D-Los Angeles

$60,107

Assemblyman Brian Maienschein*

R-San Diego

$59,879

Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de León

D-Los Angeles

$56,648

Sen. Isadore Hall

D-Compton

$52,400

Sen. Jerry Hill

D-San Mateo

$50,209

Assemblyman Henry Perea

D-Fresno

$49,550

Assemblywoman Shirley Weber

D-San Diego

$47,000

Assemblyman Mike Gatto

D-Los Angeles

$46,491

Assemblywoman Susan A. Bonilla*

D-Concord

$45,600

Sen. Andy Vidak

R-Hanford

$42,800

Assemblyman Tom Daly

D-Anaheim

$40,300

Assemblyman Kevin Mullin

D-South San Francisco

$38,400

Assemblyman Adam Gray

D-Merced

$37,000

Assemblyman Rob Bonta*

D-Alameda

$36,750

Assemblyman Anthony Rendon

D-Lakewood

$36,200

Assemblyman Jimmy Gomez*

D-Los Angeles

$33,850

Assemblyman Richard Gordon

D-Menlo Park

$33,100

*Member of the Assembly or Senate health committees

Source: Bee analysis of secretary of state campaign finance and lobbying reports

Simply infuriating! My older son has an 18 month old and a second on the way due in november. He was against both pregnancies but it is now what it is. He has just received a letter that needs to be filled out by a GP to confirm immunisation or the parents' decline to do so. My sun declined. In the meantime he is a few months away from finishing his naturopathy degree and can hardly afford to lose around $1000/mth in income.

To make things more stressful his wife, who is studying for the same degree, only part time, suggested that maybe now the baby is older and may have a stronger immune system he may be able to handle it. Well he just lost it. There is no amount of money that can replace his child's health.

He will aim to have the vaccinations 'postponed' until his wife has had the second baby (and will be breastfeeding for some months) and voice his concern that being around a child that has been inoculated with a live virus may be a danger to her and the unborn child. Don't know how that will fare but it is worth a try. I am so angered at the system. I feel that my bite at the moment would kill the most venomous snake. :curse:

I guess the aussie psychos decided to cut to the chase and immediately eliminate the religion clause. Scum of the earth, what else can I say... :barf:

Bad news. The governor signed the bill. The law is not effective until July 2016 for children entering kindergarten or seventh grade.

There is still one exemption built into the new law, which is a medical exemption. So a major question is how to locate California pediatricians who know that vaccines are harmful and will sign the medical exemption.

I do not believe legal challenges will be successful, as they are already forcing chemotherapy on children with cancer despite religious objections.

_http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article25834726.html
Jerry Brown signs California vaccine bill

Law eliminates religious and personal belief exemptions for vaccines

Brown says ‘the science is clear’ on vaccines

Opponents vow lawsuit, ballot measure to repeal law

Gov. Jerry Brown signed Senate Bill 277 on Tuesday, a day after it was sent to hime by the state Senate. The bill removes personal belief and religious exemptions as reasons to not have schoolchildren vaccinated. | Jeff Chiu The Associated Press

By David Siders, Alexei Koseff and Jeremy B. White

dsiders[at]sacbee.com

Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday signed one of the strictest schoolchild vaccination laws in the country, eliminating personal and religious belief exemptions for vaccines.

The governor’s signature came one day after the state Senate moved the bill to his desk, following months of protests and fierce debate at the Capitol.

“The science is clear that vaccines dramatically protect children against a number of infectious and dangerous diseases,” Brown said in a signing statement. “While it’s true that no medical intervention is without risk, the evidence shows that immunization powerfully benefits and protects the community.”

The bill will make California the third state in the nation to require vaccines without religious and personal belief exemptions.

Opponents of the measure said it unfairly restricts parent choice. They immediately vowed to challenge the law in court and potentially through a referendum at the ballot box, arguing it will deprive unvaccinated children of their constitutional right to an education.

“We need to wait until someone actually gets thrown out of school until we can challenge it,” which would not occur until after the bill takes effect in 2016, said Christina Hildebrand, founder of the group A Voice For Choice. “But we will likely have a referendum on it.”

Proponents of the legislation, spurred by a measles outbreak at Disneyland, said unvaccinated children put kids who are too young or sick to be vaccinated at risk.

“Parents do not need to worry, do not want to worry, about taking their children to the school, or to stores, to theme parks,” said bill author Richard Pan, a Democratic state senator from Sacramento.

Of the possibility of a legal challenge, he said, “The courts have been very clear that you don’t have a right to spread a communicable disease, that there’s a public interest in keeping our communities safe from disease.”

The bill allows any schoolchild with an exemption on file to remain unvaccinated until he or she starts kindergarten or, if already in elementary school, seventh grade.

Thousands of California parents protested the measure, Senate Bill 277, in recent months, including at a vigil outside the Capitol this week.

When she heard at the vigil that Brown had signed the bill, Kimberly McCauley of Sacramento sat down on the steps and cried.

McCauley carried pictures of her 2-year-old daughter Ella, whom she said she stopped vaccinating after Ella had adverse reactions to three immunizations, and a letter from her pediatrician denying Ella a medical exemption.

“My daughter is the sweetest little girl, and every day she asks when she gets to go to school,” McCauley said, choking back more tears. “She doesn’t deserve to be discriminated against.”

McCauley said Pan was “facilitating hate” against those who choose not to vaccinate their children, and she accused Brown of refusing to meet with opponents.

“He signed this quick and dirty because he wants us to go away. We’re not going away,” she said. “We’re going to sue. I personally will take this all the way to the Supreme Court.”

Despite passionate opposition to the bill, a poll by the Public Policy Institute of California this month found support for mandatory vaccines from 67 percent of California adults and 65 percent of public school parents.

Brown’s signature was expected. His office said earlier this year that Brown considered vaccinations “profoundly important,” and a senior adviser, though saying she was speaking on her own behalf, testified in favor of the measure.

Three years ago, however, in a relatively mild precursor to this year’s school vaccination bill, Brown made a special exemption for religious beliefs when he signed legislation requiring parents to consult a health professional before declining vaccinations for their schoolchildren.

In his signing statement Tuesday, the Democratic governor noted that the bill exempts children whose family medical histories lead a physician to recommend against immunization. But unlike in 2012, the former Jesuit seminarian said nothing about religion.

David Siders: 916-321-1215, [at]davidsiders

How vaccine law works

When does it kick in? Jan. 1, 2016. Schools will begin checking to ensure kids entering kindergarten and seventh grade are vaccinated in July 2016, ahead of the 2016-17 school year.

What vaccines are required? To enroll in public or private schools, children will need to have received shots for diphtheria, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib meningitis), measles, mumps, pertussis (whooping cough), poliomyelitis, rubella (German measles), tetanus, hepatitis B and varicella (chickenpox).

Can children keep personal belief exemptions they already have? Unvaccinated kids can retain exemptions obtained before 2016 until they enter kindergarten or the seventh grade. Those who currently have a personal belief exemption and enter seventh grade before 2016 will not need to get vaccines.

Can I get my child a medical exemption? Yes. SB 277 allows for medical exemptions and permits doctors to take into account family history, including whether a sibling had an adverse reaction.

Source: California Legislature

Thought this to be fitting here. Apparently Jim Carrey went on a big twitter tirade against forced vaccination.

Following Gov. Jerry Brown’s decision to force vaccinations upon the children of California, actor Jim Carrey exploded on Twitter, launching an all out public assault on Brown an the state. Carrey has over 14 million Twitter followers, so his tirade quickly spread.

Much of his assault was targeted at ” fascist corruption” and the fact that he takes issue with the chemicals within the vaccines, not the vaccines themselves.

-http://edgytruth.com/2015/07/01/jim-carrey-calling-forced-vaccination-fascist-makes-my-day/#

Back
Top Bottom