Canseliet's preface to Fulcanelli's Dwellings of the Philosophers

Color

Jedi Council Member
Please help me with this, I am trying to translate and understand this but Canseliet lost me completely after "greed and pride" part, I mean...
I can understand the meaning of each word separately but all together and as a concept with a previous part of the sentence,
I can not :( Can somebody please try to explain it to me in a more simplified way,
with a bit more words about what's the idea behind it and correlation, proper understanding between all those grammatic negations?

"Assuredly, the double secret of birth and death, impenetrable by the secular scientists,
that of the creation of the World and of its tragic end as a punishment of men's greed and pride,
equally incommensurable are not the least visual revelations that the Mirror of Art bestows upon the Adept. [...]"

Thank you A LOT!

OK, here I go, talking with myself, but nevermind, maybe this is the way to read it:

"....equally incommensurable are / not the least visual revelations / that the Mirror of Art bestows upon the Adept."

Is that it?!?
If so, what does it mean "not the least visual"?

help? anyone?

Sounds like a mess up in the translation from French. The following sounds right, whilst still retaining the meaning:

"Assuredly, the double secret of birth and death, impenetrable by the secular scientists, that of the creation of the World and of its tragic end as a punishment of men's greed and pride, equally incommensurable are the - not least - visual revelations that the Mirror of Art bestows upon the Adept."

Craig said:
Sounds like a mess up in the translation from French. The following sounds right, whilst still retaining the meaning:

"Assuredly, the double secret of birth and death, impenetrable by the secular scientists, that of the creation of the World and of its tragic end as a punishment of men's greed and pride, equally incommensurable are the - not least - visual revelations that the Mirror of Art bestows upon the Adept."
OK, this I can understand and it actually MEANS something :) Thank you, I was breaking my head with it....

Back
Top Bottom