Chakra Raves

Turgon

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Just yesterday, I received an email from a very old friend of mine who I correspend with on a fairly regular basis. Usually, I find her emails to be refreshing and full of life, but yesterday's threw me off. In her title of the email, she writes: Kundalini Rising - Which initially threw me off, because of all the information I've read on Kundalini energy on the forum.

"In so-called 'occult' literature you have probably met with the expression 'Kundalini,' 'the fire of Kundalini,' or the 'serpent of Kundalini.' This expression is often used to designate some kind of strange force which is present in man and which can be awakened. But none of the known theories gives the right explanation of the force of Kundalini. Sometimes it is connected with sex, with sex energy, that is with the idea of the possibility of using sex energy for other purposes. This latter is entirely wrong because Kundalini can be in anything. And above all, Kundalini is not anything desirable or useful for man's development. It is very curious how these occultists have got hold of the word from somewhere but have completely altered its meaning and from a very dangerous and terrible thing have made something to be hoped for and to be awaited as some blessing.

"In reality Kundalini is the power of imagination, the power of fantasy, which takes the place of a real function. When a man dreams instead of acting, when his dreams take the place of reality, when a man imagines himself to be an eagle, a lion, or a magician, it is the force of Kundalini acting in him. Kundalini can act in all centers and with its help all the centers can be satisfied with the imaginary instead of the real. A sheep which considers itself a lion or a magician lives under the power of Kundalini.

"Kundalini is a force put into men in order to keep them in their present state. If men could really see their true position and could understand all the horror of it, they would be unable to remain where they are even for one second. They would begin to seek a way out and they would quickly find it, because there is a way out; but men fail to see it simply because they are hypnotized. Kundalini is the force that keeps them in a hypnotic state. 'To awaken' for man means to be 'dehypnotized.' In this lies the chief difficulty and in this also lies the guarantee of its possibility, for there is no organic reason for sleep and man can awaken.

In the email she goes on to say:
Daniel - forgive me if this correspondence finds you in another realm - for it comes to you from mine which is of another reality at the moment. It's 7 am and I just returned home from a Chakra Rave. There are 7 of them - (each one for the different chakras) and tonight was the first one - The Root Chakra. Each one occuring once a month on the full moon.

Now I have been to a rave before, and they are anything but some type of positive gathering of energy. I couldn't find anything online about chakra raves except for two videos posted on youtube, that seem rather sketchy to me.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGfohU2X1SM&feature=related
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Cm2sGFnEc

You can see in the first video in particular, the mainstream symbols for the different chakras on the main stage and under the canopy. Although in these videos, the raves are taking place in the daytime, whereas my friend stated the one she attended starts at midnight! On a full moon no less!!

These raves the she plans on attending (7 of them altogether) seem stupid and downright dangerous, considering the nature of the business she's involving herself in. She is one of my dearest friends and I'm worried about this "New-agey" path that she's headed on, considering all the pitfalls involved in such a process. My question, is what should I do about it? How do I let someone know that what they are involving themselves in, is NOT what they believe it to be. I don't want to be pushy, or violate her free-will on this issue, but she may be setting herself up for a fall on this one.

Should I just send her an email letting her know my thoughts about it, ask questions about the event, her reactions to what was going on and her thoughts on how it could be "spiritually progressive", forward her links to some of the discussions on the forum about such topics, or just leave it alone and not say anything?

Hi Daniels,

Why don't you send her the info you quoted above?
I fear that She is in a very dangerous area but seeing how she reacts will give you clearer indications on the need to continue or leave it.

Thats a very good idea, I thought maybe it would be too much, seeing as in the past, I tried helping a good friend who was (is) involved in a feeding relationship, only to watch it get progressively worse. It was hard to watch, and feel partly responsible for the way I went about trying to "fix" things. Only to realize it wasn't my place, I was impeeding on his lesson and made the entire situation worse.

Its sometimes such a fine line between knowing if someone is really asking for help, and when its the appropriate time to give help or advice, or not, what to say, what not to say.

Thank You

Perhaps the simple phrase that 'determining the needs of another is STS' will give you a clue?

If not, then an appropriate course of action might be to simply ask her if she is interested in your take on the matter. If she says yes, then state that she will likely disagree with what you have to say, but if she is interested you will share it with her.

This course of action, however, will likely default to the first sentence in this post.

It's not a pleasant answer, really - but it has been proven accurate time and time again.

anart said:
If not, then an appropriate course of action might be to simply ask her if she is interested in your take on the matter. If she says yes, then state that she will likely disagree with what you have to say, but if she is interested you will share it with her.

This course of action, however, will likely default to the first sentence in this post.

I think I can see how it will likely default back to "determining the needs of another". I've already determined what she's doing is "wrong" but only wrong from my own subjective standpoint. Even though its based on somewhat objective observations in regards to the practices she is undertaking and understanding of its real intent. I am emotially attached to the situation already, therefore biased and wanting a certain outcome to occur. I'm anticipating, and want her to stop, but its not my place to want and anticipate anything for others, IF i want to gain STO candidacy, or live my life free of anticipation, wishful thinking or subjective reasoning.

A proper analogy in this situation would then be not to keep my mouth shut, but open, yet only speak when being asked ...

DanielS said:
Its sometimes such a fine line between knowing if someone is really asking for help, and when its the appropriate time to give help or advice, or not, what to say, what not to say.

Thank You

Hi Daniels,

It seems to me that being natural with the situation, accepting the need and relativity of the experience of the other, comprehending that only he / she can see his dream and awake and that not to awake is also a choice of the being (the oblivion), giving what you know with no expectations, is the key.

This is what I MIGHT write to such a person.
Easy for me to do, because I have no emotional attachment!
I may be bit of arse to presume I can write about this then... but something just "triggered me to write. I guess I wish to contribute somehow more in this forum.

Dear YYYY,

I hear that you have become involved in chakra raves and dealings with Kundalini!

I myself avoid those things, as I have learned some things that raise serious doubts about them, and gives me grave concern. If you ever want to discuss those concerns and doubts with me, I am always willing to share. However I won't trouble you with those thoughts if you are not interested.

I hope the best for you, and I hope that you learn all the things you need to learn with your new discovery.
However, I would just like to be clear that I cannot be involved in those things.

your friend,

ZZZZZ

To explain what I am trying achieve:
a) communicate that I have concerns
b) communicate that I won't violate the person's free will by giving info that is not wanted or asked for, and by determining their needs for them.
c) Try communicate to the person (and to myself!) the concept that first of all life is lessons, even harsh ones...
[this is a tough one with ones you love - you don't want to see them hurt, even when getting hurt might be the only way they can learn an important lesson!]
Perhaps after the harsh lessons are learned, the person can remember about c) and maybe see the sincere love that is contained in taking such a position.
[DARN! At least I hope my kids will one day think so!]
d) Draw a firm, but friendly, line that exists between me and the other person: they should know that I am not collinear in this particular matter.

I have found communicating point d) useful for myself in conserving energy with people for interactions with them in the future because then certain important differences are understood as early as possible.
However, d) is more applicable to situations where someone is pushy about their views and really wants you to go along and accept them. To communicate this may be not totally necessary in this particular case if she is not pushy.

One flaw I see in my above example is that I wondered "if you are not interested" might trigger an automatic response "of course I am interested tell me" which might not an actually be a true request for information. Of course, I could be analyzing too much, I intellectualize everything very heavily.

Please remember to me (someone anonymous and on a public forum) this is somewhat of an intellectual exercise and so it is probably not good to take this as advice, but just food for thought.

All the best,
_Breton_
(edit typo)

Let me add one other thing, I think you discern the matter pretty clearly with what you wrote:

DanielS said:
I think I can see how it will likely default back to "determining the needs of another". I've already determined what she's doing is "wrong" but only wrong from my own subjective standpoint. Even though its based on somewhat objective observations in regards to the practices she is undertaking and understanding of its real intent. I am emotially attached to the situation already, therefore biased and wanting a certain outcome to occur. I'm anticipating, and want her to stop, but its not my place to want and anticipate anything for others, IF i want to gain STO candidacy, or live my life free of anticipation, wishful thinking or subjective reasoning.

A proper analogy in this situation would then be not to keep my mouth shut, but open, yet only speak when being asked ...

I just wanted to say that this thread has come as quite a shock to me (for which I am grateful)....it seems I need to learn/understand this too at the moment.

I have a friend who's very into the YCYOR thing, and I 'thought' I'd managed to strike a balance (learn this lesson) with him...seems not!

anart said:
Perhaps the simple phrase that 'determining the needs of another is STS' will give you a clue?

DanielS said:

My fear over what is to possibly/potentially come this year (swine flu etc), and how it may effect loved ones around me......it seems I've been (passively) trying to determin there needs.....which I now see as completely selfish on my part (and an utter waste of time/energy). Ouch. Not sure what hurts more, knowing how selfish I can be, or finally feeling the fear/pain of what 'could be' (for them)....which may also be self importants....hm
To think I could be driven by fear of potentially having to feel 'loss' (so attempting to avoid it by determining there needs [and lying to myself that its 'for there good'], so I won't 'loose them' [have to feel 'loss']), talk about self centred.

Apologies if I have hijacked this thread. This ones knocked me for six.

breton said:
However, I would just like to be clear that I cannot be involved in those things.

This does bring up one possibility you might want to keep in mind, and that is that as she becomes involved in these types of things, she could be opening up doors within herself that will allow her to become a more potent vector of attack for you. In other words, you may find it necessary to increasingly keep your distance, especially emotionally. It's not a pleasant thought, but there it is.

Thank you all for the replies.

Writing that response to anart caused a lot of friction in me before, during and after writing it. It wasn't a pleasant answer, but made sense. I had tried initially to find a way around it, to come up with a reason as to why 'determining the needs of another' didnt apply to this situation, and if I took the "appropriate course of action" it would not lead back to the first sentence in the post (Wishful Thinking). I had written a number of responses, but upon reading them over, they seemed subjective, and biased, and ... all lead back to me trying to determine my friends needs.

So then it becomes a matter of looking at the situation from a different perspective - the challenge being to continuously do this.

Pryf said:
It seems to me that being natural with the situation ... comprehending that only he / she can see his dream and awake ... giving what you know with no expectations, is the key.

This is so true.

breton said:
One flaw I see in my above example is that I wondered "if you are not interested" might trigger an automatic response "of course I am interested tell me" which might not an actually be a true request for information. Of course, I could be analyzing too much, I intellectualize everything very heavily.

I would presume that a major personality trait of a number of people on this forum is to intellectualize, or think on a continuous basis. If I got a dollar for everytime someone said "Danny boy, you think too much" I'd be a very rich man. But all joking aside, I think sometimes you can read in tonality and body language whether they are being congruent and truly are interested - of course thats if you know how to read body language.

anart said:
This does bring up one possibility you might want to keep in mind, and that is that as she becomes involved in these types of things, she could be opening up doors within herself that will allow her to become a more potent vector of attack for you.

This is a possibility that I am now becoming aware of. Yet will hit that bridge, if and when it comes to that.

RedFox said:
Apologies if I have hijacked this thread. This ones knocked me for six.

No worries, from my count I've done it to three of your threads already.

anart said:
I think this should be everyone's mantra when getting impulse to interfere in someone's life.

I went through pretty much similar thing you described daniel and I can appreciate how difficult it is. Perhaps you can reason with your emotions by affirming to yourself that the only thing you can do is to provide some valid information for your friend and then let her reach her own decision.
This is indeed potentially dangerous situation for your friend, from what I understand chakra rave is all about using doses of binaural beats to alter ones states of consciousness
more info can be found here
http://www.web-us.com/thescience.htm
red flags all over,
even before I knew of this info my brief social encounters with local Goa Trance crowd and one party were sufficient to discern there is nothing worth to aspire to there. Quite opposite.
Yes, you have every reason to be alarmed and there is a pretty big chance your friend will soon turn into love&light zombie, but sooner you realize there is NO DARN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT - better.

It is actually right down scary. All around the globe most of these orgone feeding fests are timed with full moon (and some other celestial events).
Seems the moon is at its hungriest in this phase ;)

Back
Top Bottom