Chernobyl 20 years on.

B

Borderfox

a great website i found www.pripyat.com check it out. get back to me with your views.

There is not much to say other than fission produced nuclear energy is complete and utter stupidity. And the powers that be insist on it, while refusing to do any serious research in alternative forms that might of course put them out of business and remove their source of deplected uranium.

Here in Greece, and I suspect much of Eastern Europe cancer rates have gone sky high since that event. The contamination was extensive, and still they continue building these plants, many of them on fault lines. Psychopathy at its finest. It's obvious that simply voting the right people in is an illusion. Things have to change on a grand scale, and with as little violence as possible. I believe one day they will change because they must, as necessity is the mother of invention. Unfortunately that day is not today, unless change comes like thiefs in the night before it accumulates in the light of day in more obvious ways.

Here in Turkiye, the cancer rates have jumped also. But the official presentation of the facts have been censored extensively. The Cancer Institute of Turkiye started collecting data on the incidince and prevalence of cancer cases only in 1983 but the earlier figures were not reliable. Especially the Thrace region(Northwestern part of Turkiye) and the eastern Black Sea Region has been effected at first but then it spread all over Turkiye. The recent statistics say that the Aegean region is where most cases of cancer is seen. Tea and nuts and the diary products have been effected. And the tea producing company (was a goverment monopole then) has mixed the new contaminated harvest with the older (supposedly noncotaminated) harvest to decrease the level of contamination and sold it. The most contaminated part was buried in the ground somewhere, further contaminating the underground water reserves.
Lots of my friends and relatives are diagnosed with cancer, several died. The most recent one had a lymphatic cancer which has spread to her bones.

Back
Top Bottom