Child with Pneumonia

So good they are back from the hospital. That means, a good nutritional support you recommended to them can be used at home, in a peaceful and familiar environment. Continuous recovery to the child!

Just wanted to say thanks again. Have passed on all your support.
He is currently doing ok at home on some really strong antibiotics and steroids (inhaler and oral).
Thanks for pointing out that post by Psyche, Bohort. Its really useful data.

RedFox said:
I don't know if I did right, sometimes people just want support and not advice.
Talking to my girlfriend she said she would prefer just support at the moment. She has a knee problem at the moment and can't get anywhere, she said the advice didn't help because she can't get out to do anything. I can go a bit overboard sometimes when it comes to making suggestions, rather than just listening.

Seems the whole thing came on pretty quick, he had a slight cough at the weekend, went to school on the Monday and came home white as a sheet and nearly passed out. She took him to the doctors where he promptly through up. He was quite out of it, and worst of all his blood oxygen level was way down.
So they took him to the hospital with suspected pneumonia (weather it was or not I guess doesn't matter given how bad he was). Heart rate was 150-185 laying down, breath was rapid and thready (doctor says he wasn't breathing properly on his left side), and he was on oxygen to get his blood oxygen levels balanced.

Deedlet said:
I sensed a sense of worry and urgency in your first post, but not something that was unwarranted. If a child is in the hospital, it's always a worrisome situation; therefore I don't see it as an overreaction. But it's very good that you're questioning yourself; did you also catch yourself anticipating? Because I know worrying and anticipating go hand in hand.

I tried my best not to anticipate (given my complete lack of data around the situation) and thought I did ok, until I came to post my update here......it seems the anticipation was hidden from my awareness? Hm

Nienna Eluch said:
As for you overreacting for coming here to your family and sharing your worries and fears - that's one of the things we are here for. We can give you much moral support and I think with the connections that are forming within this group that this moral support is much more "felt" than it would be with others, or so I think.

I think so. Can't quite explain the connection I feel to everyone here...it feels pretty deep.
The word family (how we would consider a 'normal family') just doesn't do it justice. I guess the most obvious word then would be fellowship :)

RedFox said:
Deedlet said:
I sensed a sense of worry and urgency in your first post, but not something that was unwarranted. If a child is in the hospital, it's always a worrisome situation; therefore I don't see it as an overreaction. But it's very good that you're questioning yourself; did you also catch yourself anticipating? Because I know worrying and anticipating go hand in hand.

I tried my best not to anticipate (given my complete lack of data around the situation) and thought I did ok, until I came to post my update here......it seems the anticipation was hidden from my awareness? Hm

I know that it is like that with me. Where I don't think I'm anticipating, and than when things get resolved and the worry is gone I realize that I was indeed anticipating. It's a tricky one... that anticipation... :P

redfox said:
I think so. Can't quite explain the connection I feel to everyone here...it feels pretty deep.
The word family (how we would consider a 'normal family') just doesn't do it justice. I guess the most obvious word then would be fellowship :)

I completely know what you mean. I like to call this place my 'extended' family ;)
Thanks again for the update and hope he feels better soon, and I'm sure he will with all the love and support from his family.

Take care ^^

Hi, RedFox. Glad their back home. I concur with all that's been said. You gave good advise and did not overreact to get advise and feedback on the forum. Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom