Childhood dreaming

Graby84

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi all,

I have been lately thinking over some concept. This came to me some time ago when I went through some materials related to "astral projections". This topic that hit me is dreaming, especially related to childhood times. A lot of us do dreaming before falling asleep. Some meditates before, but whether we want or not, most of us dream just before falling asleep. This dreaming is mostly related to out thoughts and situation from our lives, but...

The concept I've been thinking on is based on my memory from my childhood. As I remember those dreaming sessions I wasn't able to focus and dream myself from the first person perspective. I was only able (for a really long time) to dream, imagining myself only through a third person perspective only. It was like dreaming from first person perspective was inaccesible. Thinking of this few question came to my mind:

1. Was it due to the fact that between incarnations we contemplate our previous life and prepare for the new one (This question had also additional background after reading parts of Journey of Souls by Michael Newton) looking at both past and future lives from a third perspective? And with time spent in new incarnation we get used to it and start dreaming from first person perspective.

2. Or maybe that's actually "astral projection" that is occurring? If so, getting used to 3D beings we lose this ability with time if not practiced (guided).

Nevertheless in both cases... Isn't it that children are more sensitive to the "hidden world" for 3D beings, in terms of spiritual world and what's beyond 3D?

Note that I have asked few people about this dreaming state in the early childhood and all confirmed dreaming from third person perspective unconsciously. That's why this caught my attention.

Has anyone been thinking about this case too?
Haven't been looking for materials related to this area yet, due to the fact I wanted to complete The Wave first, but still this topic comes to me every now and then.

Br, Thomas

Hi Thomas. Lucid dreaming is natural to me. In those dreams I have 2 perpectives, me in the dream, and me knowing I'm dreaming. Occasionally, I have had a 3rd perspective, where I am watching or aware of the other 2. This happens when I'm in a jam and comes as a protective measure. With that 3rd perspective, I can see my body, see the dream and at the same time aware of the part which knows I'm dreaming.

Years ago, I learned to face any negative beings in my dreams...or probably on the astral...and stop any pursuit. During one really dangerous dream, that 3rd other part of me sent a figure into my dream to help me, pull me away.

It looks to me this is a complicated subject. There are dreams , dreams with in dream ( Castaneda wrote about it) and other authors ( like Robert Bruce) wrote about Lucid dreaming, astral projects, how to train one to do it. Whether Lucid dreaming and Astral projections are useful for once spiritual growth is a questionable.

I have seen dreams both in first person and 3rd person perspective, but never bothered to find out the difference. I always looked it in the format of " are there any message for me". I tend to think area dreams come from subconscious area which is a jungle in it self. It could be
  • simple day to day events processing
  • one own physical inconveniences at that time
  • Even attachments can even produce them
  • some body or some thing introducing to give a message - either once own soul or beyond that or some evil intents etc. or mixture of these

Well, the message is for our good or to manipulate us is a different issue. Knowing it and making a free will choice is the strength we had against the powerful negative entities.

It looks to me, dream observations is more like a monitor if the one is looking where the message ( good or bad or simple processing whether it is from good/bad/neutral guys) comes is different story. There is a question of what happens behind the dream projection is a different story and can be complicated ( as mentioned in the C's sessions/Laura's work).

Yes I agree about complicity of the subject in a whole aspect, but still the part of dreaming (not while sleeping, but when imagining things before falling asleep) and the complete inability to do so from the first person perspective is striking for me. Especially that a lot of people around me have confirmed the same thing. That's why except for the other aspects of dreaming as "lucid dreaming" or "astral projection", this is what caught my attention. And that's also why I was thinking about whether this is a result of contemplation process between incarnations (as long as it was not originally an astral projection, because if it was, that's the end of the topic for me :-P ).

Back
Top Bottom