Chocolate Squares

l_autre_d

Jedi Master
DSCF0528.jpg

(sorry the pic is small, haven't figured out how to make it larger)

Need some:

Almond Butter (16 oz or so)
Coconut Butter (Coconut Manna this time), probably 3/4 cup or more
unsweetened chocolate 4oz bar
1/2 lb butter (aka 2 sticks)
Cacao Nibs, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 cup
vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon or so
Xylitol, 1 cup or so
shredded coconut, 2 cups give or take
Most of the measurements are approximate, experiment a bit. It doesn't seem to go to waste no matter how it turns out.

And then:

Set the butter out to soften

A double boiler is nice but I used 2 sauce pans, 2 qt and 1 qt
The larger pan gets about 1 to 2 inches of water so that the smaller sauce pan semi-floats inside it.
The smaller pan gets the chocolate bar broken into pieces, and the coconut butter.
Turn up the heat to melt the chocolate and coconut butter.

Meanwhile, in a 2 quart (or larger) mixing bowl, mix the butter and almond butter. Those counter top kitchenaid mixers do a nice job, but a strong hand mixer will work.
Then mix in the shredded coconut.

When the chocolate and coconut butter are melted, pour into the mixing bowl with the butter, almond butter, shredded coconut.
Add Xylitol (or other sweetener) according to taste. I generally don't try to make it sweet, just take away the bitterness of the unsweetened chocolate.
Add a bit of vanilla.
Finally add in the cacoa nibs.

Next, I pour the whole thing into 2 8-inch glass baking pans, and put in the freezer, usually overnight but doesn't need to be that long. You can also put it in the fridge, just takes longer and people tend to sample it before it's ready.

When it's firm, cut into squares. I do 16 squares per pan.
Keep them in the fridge or freezer. If left out, they will soften.

If my calculations are right, each chocolate square has 20 grams of Fat, 4 grams Carbs, and 4.25 grams Protein.

Believe it or not, this is what I started to do, https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,26246.0.html
But like when making chocolate chip cookies, sometimes you just skip the oven, sit down, and eat the dough.
facepalm.gif

Back
Top Bottom