Coconut fat stock

stardust

Jedi Master
I have found an alternative to "sweety fat bomb" that I tolerate much better and which could offer many variations : we could call that a "coconut fat stock".

Inspired from asian soup (with coconut milk)

There will be 1%< carbs except if you add some veggies. For proteins, it will depend if you add some meat ( in little pieces - I've tried, pork, beef, lamb, chicken and even smoked-lard was very good). Fish, gambas, could be OK too. But it could be made without any meat or veggies.

ADD AS MUCH FAT AS YOU WANT OR NEED

The BASIS : in some coconut butter, brown a branch of citronnella (fresh if possible) in piece of 5 cm long for 1 mn.
If you want meat or some veggies, make browning in the same time.
Add your coconut milk and delayed with the same amount of water.
Salting generously and add other spices you like ( chili, pepper, curry, etc) and some fresh leaves of coriander. ( it is the association between
citronnella and coriander which gives you the best perfume to this recipe).
Let simmer 10 mn with low heat and just at the end, add a generous piece of butter.

Enjoy !

My pets don't let me eat in peace with this recipe : they all want to taste ! :lol: ... it smells so gooood !

Thanks, stardust. I think I'm gonna try that one! But without chili, since it can be inflammatory.

Aragorn said:
Thanks, stardust. I think I'm gonna try that one! But without chili, since it can be inflammatory.

I don't tolerate too much chili, too, but I mentionned it as it is often in chinese soup.

But it's really easy to do and takes 10mn ( and for cold days, mmmmh !!!)

stardust said:
The BASIS : in some coconut butter, brown a branch of citronnella (fresh if possible) in piece of 5 cm long for 1 mn.
Salting generously and add other spices you like ( chili, pepper, curry, etc) and some fresh leaves of coriander. ( it is the association between
Let simmer 10 mn with low heat and just at the end, add a generous piece of butter.

Thanks stardust.

I'd like to try it, it seems delicious.

Would it be possible to have more info on the quantity of each ingredients?

Is it creamy when it is cold?

Gandalf said:
stardust said:

Thanks stardust.

I'd like to try it, it seems delicious.

Would it be possible to have more info on the quantity of each ingredients?

Is it creamy when it is cold?

In fact, I never weigh anything but for one person it is nearly :

1 tablespoon of coconut oil
125 ml of coconut milk ( not cream but I think you could replace by and in this case, put more water)
125 ml of water ( or more if you want more or less stock)
1 branch of citronnella
50g of butter ( I increase progressively butter quantity so try what it is best for you)
4 leaves of coriander

When I add meat, it is nearly 100g or less.

I don't think it's creamy when it's cold, but in reality, it is always eaten before having time to cold !! :lol: :whistle:

stardust said:
In fact, I never weigh anything but for one person it is nearly :

1 tablespoon of coconut oil
125 ml of coconut milk ( not cream but I think you could replace by and in this case, put more water)
125 ml of water ( or more if you want more or less stock)
1 branch of citronnella
50g of butter ( I increase progressively butter quantity so try what it is best for you)
4 leaves of coriander

When I add meat, it is nearly 100g or less.

I don't think it's creamy when it's cold, but in reality, it is always eaten before having time to cold !! :lol: :whistle:

Thanks so much. :thup:

stardust said:
I have found an alternative to "sweety fat bomb" that I tolerate much better and which could offer many variations : we could call that a "coconut fat stock".

Inspired from asian soup (with coconut milk)

There will be 1%< carbs except if you add some veggies. For proteins, it will depend if you add some meat ( in little pieces - I've tried, pork, beef, lamb, chicken and even smoked-lard was very good). Fish, gambas, could be OK too. But it could be made without any meat or veggies.

ADD AS MUCH FAT AS YOU WANT OR NEED

Enjoy !

My pets don't let me eat in peace with this recipe : they all want to taste ! :lol: ... it smells so gooood !

Wow, gonna have to try this! My SO and I are preparing to go Keto in the next couple weeks, so we are 'Stock-ing' up on recipes. Haha.

Thanks stardust!

Can you eat citronella? (Pelargonium citrosum)? I did not know that. I do have it growing in the garden and this recipe looks so good.

NevadaCat said:
Can you eat citronella? (Pelargonium citrosum)? I did not know that. I do have it growing in the garden and this recipe looks so good.

No it is Cymbopogon citratus.
I don't think Pelargonium citrosum is good to eat.

Attachments

• citronelle.jpg
    citronelle.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 94
  • cironelle.jpg
    cironelle.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 98
stardust said:
NevadaCat said:

It's what is commonly known as lemongrass in english.

Alana said:
stardust said:
NevadaCat said:

It's what is commonly known as lemongrass in english.

Thank you for specifying ! It will avoid some confusion. So much common names for the same plant :rolleyes:

Ok, phew. I crumpled some of my geranium related citronella in my hand, sniffed, eyeballed the plant and thought, Nah...it's got to be some other plant. Lemongrass sounds great in that recipe!

Back
Top Bottom