Coherence (2013)

I highly recommend this film which I watched the other night and was so impressed I'd probably have it in my top ten. It's a highly original, low budget, improvised movie with very realistic acting for the most part and in many ways defies categorisation though I guess Science Fiction would be the most apt.

It deals with the themes of relationships, the multi-verse and space-time paradox all set over an evening of dinner between 8 friends when there's a comet passing over Earth. I won't say anything else about the plot as it's one of those films where the less you know before going in the better. It's definitely creepy in places (though not a horror movie) but if you like puzzles, you'll definitely enjoy this film which has been compared to a modern day twilight zone episode. I'll post the trailer, though even watching this may give a false sense of what it's about. Again, highly recommended and a cinematic delight to watch :)

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygtoF9h9lcE&spfreload=10

Just watched it and found it quite worth seeing. Well made raises some interesting questions about what we know about each other an ourselves.

If you like this movie, I highly recommend the film Primer (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 is along the same lines but different. I don't want to say too much about it as to not spoil the plot but I found it highly worthwhile and really well done.

Coherence is much easier to understand than Primer - which in my opinion has been made intentionally obscure and difficult to understand.

Personally, I really liked the movie Triangle - which also deals with encountering your past/future self through time travel.

What I don't like about movies like these is that there is almost always a killing of your own past self involved. The only movie that had something else (in addition to the killing) was Plus One - at least one of the people there had a great time with her past self.

Yes, definately creepy- almost makes me wonder about how a 4d? bleed through would be experienced.
The interesting part that got me to see the movie was that there was some comet involved :)

Dive by Zero,

I was just thinking about this movie a few hours ago and that there is a comet involved, and you wrote the same thing here. ;) Interesting how that works.

I've watched it yesterday, cool movie ! Comets and parallel dimensions, that was entertaining (and a little bit creepy).

I searched for a thread on this one, but couldn't find it. Hopefully I'm not repeating something already posted.

Logline: "Strange things begin to happen when a group of friends gather for a dinner party on an evening when a comet is passing overhead."

The film is extremely low-budget, but pretty masterful considering. The idea that a disintegrating comet can not only effect individual behaviour but drastically alter reality coherence is something I haven't come across in a movie before. Really gripping and puzzling at the same time. Some of the acting performances are superb. The writing is on a completely different level of difficulty than mainstream nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom