Coincidence or … ?

agni

Dagobah Resident
Last week I sent one of my friend fragment of Guirdjieff “last hour" . At lunch, same day, I was talking to the same friend that many car accidents happen, because pride and sense of self rightness does not let some people to decrease speed to avoid accident.

After work, we are riding our car and bingo... we got into an accident. Exactly same thing I was talking earlier about, one of the drivers do not decrease speed while one person making left turn, sending one of the cars into us. Though one car has flipped after an impact with us, luckily no one got hurt at all. (and I was just standing at stop sign waiting to turn)

Isn’t it kind of odd, that I would be sending a person “last hour" piece, later talk about accidents of such, and then get involved in it ?

Coincidence or … ?

Zadius Sky said:
Interesting. Then again, there are no concidence, are there?
I don't think coincidence exist, everything happens with a reason, maybe you knew about the accident unconsciously before it even would happen?

Coincidence or … ?

This is kind of funny, because a very similar thing happened to me in December 2004. I was on the bus with some friends, and at a set of traffic lights I began to think about how dangerous it was with no seatbelts, and I asked what would happen if a truck slammed into us. A few hours later, that's exactly what happened to my parents at that exact spot. It was a big shock to see how a few other things - in retrospect - seemed to synchronously point towards this happening. For example, one of the friends a day or two earlier had been talking about a program here in the UK called Top Gear (a show about all things cars) which featured my parents car... he told me something about the tire grips not functioning that effectively. Well it just so happened that this seemed to prevent the car from flipping right over.

I'm also pretty sure I'd read Gurdjieff's "Last Hour" around this time, and it was quite fresh on my mind.

Coincidence or … ?

Craig said:
I'm also pretty sure I'd read Gurdjieff's "Last Hour" around this time, and it was quite fresh on my mind.
I better start finding that Gurdjieff's "Last Hour" and read it. I want to see if it happens to me... (controlled experiment, mind you).

Coincidence or … ?

I know accidents are bad... But may be it's a good thing as far as lessons (and since no one got hurt). It's like a practical lesson for Gurdjieff material.

Coincidence or … ?

Intuition? The lesson could be : you've got in your hands the element which could permit you to avoid the accident, a warning. Why having taken the car?
It could be an example of how the knowledge protect...or simply act sometimes.
One could say that you've not knew to read the "signs". ( it's just an hypothesis)

By 2 times, I've found a four-leaf clover in my garden. I was not searching for it. At a moment, I've just think ' four-leaf clover' and the first thing where my glance was posed was that. ( and my garden is quite big I must say). By 2 times.
When I was 10 years old, an afternoon I've thinking "oh it could be super to got a cat" - and guess what was at home when I came back to?
In september, at work, I was reading in the morning a web page from an administration.
The afternoon, the company was controlled by them!

I'm always wondering if these thoughts "fall in my head" by a "miracle" or if my "antennas" are collecting what is going on, because the particularity is that they occur suddenly, and stop the normal flow of my thoughts.
It seems to be very different of a projection or an other form of thought process. And I notice there is like a physical sensation very fugitive, a particular tension, I imagine it could be like alert fires which flicker in my brain. But the rational thoughts seem to come back in force to "muzzle" that and say "oh it's just your imagination! Don't care about that!"

So can you remember if the fact of reading "Last hour" was an thought act or a pulsion...maybe it could give a clue?

Back
Top Bottom