Confession of Patrick Geryl about his 2012 Doomsday Prediction

un chien anadolu

Jedi Master
"I regret having announced the end of the world" he said in an interview conducted by a Spanish newspaper on 23.12.12 (link to google translate)

_http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?hl=tr&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.larazon.es%2Fdetalle_normal%2Fnoticias%2F478706%2Fsociedad%2Fme-arrepiento-de-haber-anunciado-el-fin-del-mu

Patrick Geryl traveled the world preaching the Apocalypse. “Seventeen years later, I am ashamed”

“No one believed me and I ended up not to believe it. I’ve been checking the sun’s activity today, it is zero and therefore, I feel ashamed to have announced that the world would end on Friday. Today is not going to happen and I admit that I was wrong. “

”In addition to Africa, one of the places we had selected was Spain. Here I wanted to mount another group, prepared for the apocalypse, but did not get the necessary support, “No one was interested in my plan”

Now, the media figure, 57, barely leaves the house. He’s sick. He suffers from diabetes two years ago and can not get away from his insulin. “I could not prepare myself as a survivalist, so I’m glad to know that the world does not end and I still have a few months to live.”

“What do you think people should do on Friday 21?” asked days before they were due. «Things normal and not to worry. I’ve done it for 17 years and I have not done any good, I just ruined my life. “

Patrick Geryl traveled the world preaching the Apocalypse. “Seventeen years later, I am ashamed”

“No one believed me and I ended up not to believe it. I’ve been checking the sun’s activity today, it is zero and therefore, I feel ashamed to have announced that the world would end on Friday. Today is not going to happen and I admit that I was wrong. “

”In addition to Africa, one of the places we had selected was Spain. Here I wanted to mount another group, prepared for the apocalypse, but did not get the necessary support, “No one was interested in my plan”

Now, the media figure, 57, barely leaves the house. He’s sick. He suffers from diabetes two years ago and can not get away from his insulin. “I could not prepare myself as a survivalist, so I’m glad to know that the world does not end and I still have a few months to live.”

“What do you think people should do on Friday 21?” asked days before they were due. «Things normal and not to worry. I’ve done it for 17 years and I have not done any good, I just ruined my life. “

Well, I think it's good that he's stepping forward and publicly admits his mistake - in contrast to so many others who just keep inventing new excuses for why the 'end of the world' has been postponed yet another time.

But it's really sad for him to be in this condition now: diabetes, barely leaving his house, and that he doesn't seem to have the framework which would help him make sense of what meme he has been following and promoting so as to learn his lesson in this context instead of remaining within a feeling of shame (as far as I can see). Given how shattering it must feel to him to have realized that he wasted so much time on something false, well, I'm thinking how representative this example is of having lived a lie and where this can lead. Well, there's certainly more here I'm not considering, so just fwiw.

Back
Top Bottom