Cool Russian films?

A very prophetic movie...
The Withe Tiger has been wounded, but not killed and one day will return ...well... looks like that the day is fast approaching.
Thank you, looks a very interesting war movie. Here is a description of the movie:

Incredible rumors circulate among Soviet soldiers about a mysterious German tank that suddenly appears and disappears on the battlefield, destroying everything in its path. This is the White Tiger, the demon that no one can handle. After one such battle, a badly burned tank driver finds himself in a broken-down Soviet tank. Surviving such monstrous burns is impossible, but the tank driver is recovering quickly. Doctors are perplexed and throw up their hands, claiming it is a miracle. Still, this man does not remember who he is, where he comes from, but he knows one thing: the mystical German tank exists. He believes that the war has brought him back to life to rid the world of the killer tank, the White Tiger. What is that? A fantasy? A mirage? The secret weapon of the Third Reich? Or has he discovered the last secret of the war?

There's a new Russian film called The Challenge or The Doctor's House Call, which is partially filmed on the international space station!

I also found an old anime that tells a tale of the hyperdimensional aspect of the battle between Russia and Germany in WW2, a topic touched on in the recent session. Features Soviet and Nazi special ops (aka paranomral battle units). An interesting theme, although I'm not sure if I actually enjoyed it...

The Island (Ostrov)(2006)

I believe that "Ostrov" (the Island) is among the great pieces of world and Russian cinema somewhere close to Bergman and Tarkovsky. For Russia - it is an important and timely message. For those who want to know more of "the mysterious Russian soul" - it is an excellent description. I've hardly seen a better one. For all taking the spiritual development seriously - the film will also be useful no matter what is their religion. People say that they are becoming better and cleaner after watching the film. Those who used to a lot of action on the screen would require to concentrate. It is more a meditation rather than a blockbuster. Strongly recommend to watch.

I watched 6 Russian WW2 movies recently - all based on the same novel by Semyon Tsvigun, We will return. They were really great war drama and spy/espionage films, showing life in Nazi-occupied Russia for the partisans behind the frontlines. Add great acting and characters, and a hard-pressed battle agains the Nazis, and it's an amazing series. Waaay better than most modern movies or shows I've seen recently.

The beginning of the Great Patriotic War. Major Mlynsky, a former school teacher, behind enemy lines, gathers a special detachment from disparate military groups to actively counter the advancing fascists. Mlynsky manages to establish contact with the front headquarters, and through the local population - with the underground. And the squad begins combat operations.

The series starts with this one, available on the Mosfilm YouTube channel.

Celestial judgment

Andrei and Veniamin work in the judicial system, one as a prosecutor and the other as a lawyer. They often have to compete with each other in their work, but in everyday life they are close friends who share many common interests. At the same time, their work is not the most ordinary: the trials, in which Andrew and Veniamin have to participate, take place in the afterlife. After physical death, a person appears before the court, which sends the soul ... no, not in heaven or hell, but in the "sector of reflection". On the scales is usually the last deed of a person, in which, as in a drop, all his previous life is reflected. But it is sometimes very difficult to give a correct assessment to this deed. This is what the Heavenly Court exists for, in which Andrew and Benjamin work.
Some scenes of the movie are very funny, some make you think about your conscience.
Well, and here play our favorite actors. This movie wants to watch again and again.

For fans of “disaster” films, MIRA has nothing to envy of Hollywood. With comet and asteroids as a bonus, the spectacle is there.
I don't know why, but Russian heroism always seems more credible to me than that of American cinema. ;-)
I couldn't find a trailer in English, I don't know if the film is translated into that language. I just saw it in French and I had a great time.

Back
Top Bottom