Corned beef Recipes

Rich

The Living Force
I do make myself laugh sometimes. :)
Today I was cooking a Bolognase sauce until I realised I had run out of the frozen mince I usually use.
I actually ended up using a frozen beef burger I had in the freezer. It was OK and only later I had the thought: Is there a use for corned beef? Do people cook similar dishes like corned beef chilli con carne?
Probably sounds daft, I know but I had a quick search and saw there are actually hundreds of different recipes using Corned beef as a starting point.
As an example:
I confess I am not particularly adventurous in the kitchen and tend to use the standard jars of prepared flavourings for such dishes.
Since I do have quite a few cans of corned beef in my larder I might start having a go at using them a little more creatively than for the corned beef sandwiches I've always despised and ran away from :)
Do any of you have any fantastic Corned Beef recepies?

My mother used to do a really yummy corned beef roll dish. It was onions and corned beef wrapped in a pastry, baked in the oven. Served with gravy and sprouts it was delicious. I miss my mother but I also miss her cooking.

Sounds great Mathew.
I had a go today of making a corned beef curry. Yes of course I was cheeting using a jar of Jalfraizie paste. And it was Okay but very much in the sustenance category and not a dish that was going to set the world on fire :) It would probably have been better if I had used Fresh Chicken, so now I am thinking if there is an equivalent canned meat product made from chicken. Does Corned Chicken exist? :)

Sounds great Mathew.
I had a go today of making a corned beef curry. Yes of course I was cheeting using a jar of Jalfraizie paste. And it was Okay but very much in the sustenance category and not a dish that was going to set the world on fire :) It would probably have been better if I had used Fresh Chicken, so now I am thinking if there is an equivalent canned meat product made from chicken. Does Corned Chicken exist? :)

I don't have the recipe, sadly but if I am ever allowed to visit my family home again I shall certainly try to find it. My father re-married a few years ago but it may still be there. If I find it I shall certainly share it.

Back
Top Bottom