Could this be the big thing instead of the comet

joeshmoe

The Force is Strong With This One
What I mean by this is that the gang on the podcasts tend to think we're going to get smacked by
something from space, and its a comet. I think several things come together which make me
think its an oncomming mini ice age. I say this for several reasons, in no particular order.

There seems to be a gradual increase, or perhaps just lately, of mentions mini freezes on tv, and of
their dire consequences. We're talking about the Pentagon report on the -9C tempurature drop,
and now this:
http://www.newscientist.com/channel/earth/mg19125691.100-global-warming-will-the-sun-come-to-our-rescue.html

Article Preview
Global warming: Will the Sun come to our rescue?

* 16 September 2006
* Stuart Clark
* Magazine issue 2569

We may have one last chance to tackle climate change, and it comes from the unlikeliest source, as New Scientist discovers

IT is known as the Little Ice Age. Bitter winters blighted much of the northern hemisphere for decades in the second half of the 17th century. The French army used frozen rivers as thoroughfares to invade the Netherlands. New Yorkers walked from Manhattan to Staten Island across the frozen harbour. Sea ice surrounded Iceland for miles and the island's population halved. It wasn't the first time temperatures had plunged: a couple of hundred years earlier, between 1420 and 1570, a climatic downturn claimed the Viking colonies on Greenland, turning them from fertile farmlands into arctic wastelands.

Could the sun have been to blame? We now know that, curiously, both these mini ice ages coincided with prolonged lulls in the sun's activity - the sunspots and dramatic flares that are driven by its powerful magnetic field.

Now some astronomers are predicting that the sun is about to enter another quiet period. ...

*snip*

What I find interesting is that it can be argued that the PTB have, and are continuing, to do everything
they can to change the atmosphere, likely for the warmer. If they knew a mini ice age was coming,
this may make sense.
What a way to break the news of an impending disaster by framing it as a saviour from something
that isn't even the problem at hand.

Taking this scenario to years later, when the mini ice age lifts and we've still got all these
greenhouse gasses floating around. Will we have a mini Venus?

BTW, notice the reference to Iceland in the story.

Uh, okay, I'm confused. It may just be me (most likely), but what does a mini ice age have to do with whether or not we have a close call or get hit by a comet? Can't both of these things happen? Laura has written in "The Secret History of the World" about cylces of cataclysmic upheavals that run in 3600 year periods. Her research into this matter was extensive and it points to some type of comet/comets that have a 3600 year orbit and reek havoc on this planet everytime they come by. There also seems to be a lot of talk about a new ice age that could happen. So it could be that we get both.

But, like I said, maybe I'm confused and you didn't mean that INSTEAD of us getting hit by a comet we will have a mini ice age. If I have read your post wrong, please accept my apology. :-)

Lynne

Actually, I'm not directly critizing anyone's opinion. I'm just going with what I've seen, 'tis all. I don't have
enough information on the comet thing, so logically I can't endorse that idea, or any other. However,
I'm pointing out what I've observed.

Cheers

What clues me in on this issue is how poignent the double cross would be. Lizzies would find that
oh so sweet!

joeshmoe said:
What clues me in on this issue is how poignent the double cross would be. Lizzies would find that oh so sweet!
Those Lizzies - not separate from us - they are us. We willingly take 'part' in their system which is 'run' via the use of hierachical structures.

We are our own worst enemies until we chose not to be part of this. And by chosing not to be part of their system, we change it from the inside out. Depends of numbers though. You need have this 'critical mass'...

In reality, we're not really separate from anything. Its a part of us at some level. Maybe this is what you mean by the 'double cross'? We only harm ourselves.

Don't know if you have read Laura's article on the Maunder Minimum, Independence Day. Our working hypothesis is that it was caused by the close passage of the sun's dark twin which had a dampening effect on solar activity. We consider it possible that this was the moment when the new cloud of space debris was kicked into orbit from the Oort clopud, heading our way.

In the last ten years, the number of moons around Saturn and Jupiter have increased. It is possible that these new "moons" are parts of this cloud od debris that have been pulled into orbit around those two planets.

Velikovsky remarks that it takes about 8 or 9 years for meteors or comets to get to earth from Jupiter. The recent sightings of meteors and fireballs in the skies around the globe are possibly the first members of this cloud.

You'll notice that there are a lot of qualifications in what I write. We do not know what is going to happen. The best we can do is look at the data and form working hypotheses. Cometary appearances in the past have been linked to great upheavals down here. Mike Baillie's From Exodus to Arthur documents a number of such events based upon dendrochronolgy.

Depending upon the orbit of the dark star, it may be passing close again on its "way out", which could potentially bring on another Maunder Minimum type period. We don't know. We don't know what effect that could have on "global warming", but there is also a theory that "global warming" itself could quickly become an new ice age if the currents in the North Atlantic change. One thing to worry about.

Another is the cloud of space rocks that may be coming our way. It won't be one or two, it could be many thousands or even hundreds of thousands. Look at the formation of the Carolina Bays for an example: five hundred thousand or so craters. They may have been the debris from one larger rock that exploded in the upper atmosphere.

In any case, we are living in interesting times... ;)

Back
Top Bottom