Crash ("Collision" in France)

G

gaelen

The U.S. really needs more films like this.

Very moving, great performances, lots of deserved awards and an insightful commentary on racial stereotypes - from all sides of the fence - as well as the effects of trenchant beliefs and the consequent results of a fragmented society. It shows how very easy it is to allow fear and self-loathing to spread like a cancer.

trailers here: http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/0-9ABC/Crash/trailer.php

Highly recommended.

J.

I can only agree. Rarely there is a movie you keep thinking about for days. This one is.
A movie that shows that the root of racism is FEAR. And no one is free of it.

Must See!!!

Spoilers!!!!

I had the opportunity to watch this movie recently, and yes, it has all these things you guys mention, but i was left with this weird feeling, like undone, as if something was not told. What i am trying to say, and it's gonna take a lot of effort to put in words is this:

There's racism from any group towards any other. If we understand each other, where each of us come from, we might be able to excuse and forgive their behavior. Wasn't this also the message of the movie? But what about the manipulators and the psychopaths, and those who are aggressive and wish your harm no matter who you are? The policeman who humiliated the couple was never put on trial, the man who almost killed the girl was never put under trial. Yes, i understand where they come from, but their behaviors caused so much problems to those they turned racists towards. And as shown from the movie, the aggressors were conscientous people at least. What about those without conscience? If we go out and excuse every single person's behavior because we understand, we are preparing the road to those who wanna walk over us. And i got the feeling that, whether consciously or not, that was a message that came out of the movie because many people i talked with who watched it said that this was the best thing they got: an understanding that we are all racists, so that we can all understand each other.

Do i make sense? at least to those who watched the movie?

Back
Top Bottom