Deep State - TV series on Fox UK

Gary

The Cosmic Force
FOTCM Member
Produced by Fox, the series Deep State will begin on Fox UK on Thursday April 5 at 9pm. Described as an spy drama, show bosses say the thriller “delves into the merciless world of espionage, where an increasingly rare conscience can get you, and the ones you love killed”. The series is set in Britain, the US, Iran, Lebanon and France.

‘New Homeland’ Deep State spy drama revives Dr David Kelly ‘murder’ conspiracy theories

Claims that the Iraq weapons inspector Dr David Kelly was murdered by elements within the security forces will be revived in a new espionage drama Deep State, tipped to become the next Homeland.

The Fox thriller stars Mark Strong as an ex-MI6 spook forced to return to service by intelligence chiefs. The first British-made Fox TV drama, imagines a conspiracy by powerful corporations and elements within the CIA to spread chaos and revolution in the Middle East.

Among the covert operations Strong’s Max Easton discovers is a plan to cover up the killing of a British weapons inspector who failed to produce evidence of a secret chemical weapons programme by a Middle Eastern state.

David Kelly echoes

The story echoes the real-life case of Dr Kelly, the UN chemical weapons expert who was accused of being the source of a BBC news report that Tony Blair’s government had “sexed up” the case for invading Saddam Hussein’s Iraq.

Kelly was found dead two miles from his Oxfordshire house in 2003. The Hutton Inquiry concluded that Kelly’s death was suicide. But the verdict hasn’t prevented conspiracy theories that he may have been murdered.

Deep State ‘exists’

The Deep State of the series’ title is the theory, believed by a majority of Americans according to a recent poll, that unelected bureaucratic and military officials secretly manipulate policy decisions to spread government and corporate control worldwide.

Matthew Parkhill, Deep State creator, said: “I came across this idea of an unelected government that exists irrespective of elections and I sat down with ex-MI6 analysts to research the show. Some things in the show are based on real-life incidents.”

Series gains topicality

The Salisbury nerve agent poisoning gave the series, which airs this week, added topicality. “A lot of what happens is based on reality,” Mr Parkhill said. “I was re-writing the final episode in a Turkish hotel room the day before shooting to bring in all these things that are happening.”

Strong said: “I’m not a conspiracy theorist but with all the stuff that’s going on in the news at the moment I think of course, the deep state does exist.” Set against the backdrop of attempts to undermine the Iran-US nuclear deal, Deep State begins with Stong’s Easton forced out of retirement to avenge the death of his estranged son Harry (Joe Dempsie, Game of Thrones).

https://inews.co.uk/news/fox-deep-state-spy-drama-revives-dr-david-kelly-murder-conspiracy-theories/

Trailer here:

Back
Top Bottom