Diabetes cases rise:

Tarri

Jedi Master
It seems that everyone I know who has a physical from their physician comes back saying they have been diagnosed with Diabeties. I was one of those people seven years ago. I had traveled a troubled path for that time. I was constantly pushed to take Insulin injections. I refused. I truly felt I was mis-diagnosed.

In 2006 I read a book titled Health Myths Exposed by Shane Ellison M Sc. Among all the info on how the FDA and Pharmaceutical Companies are killing us, was a segment on how people were being mis-diagnosed with Diabeties when what they were suffering from was High Blood Sugar. What is the difference? Lots!! Someone who has High Blood Sugar has the ability to "reboot" their motabolism and get it working again. On a website :health-fx.net they have products for a variety of health problems. I started taking the LifeFX and it has indeed helped me get my motabolism back in order.

I have tried to gain the interests of our family physicians but of course their brainwashing has been complete. Natural suppliments are humored by some and actually called dangerous by others.

I recommend the book. I believe I found it somewhere on the SOTT site itself, but can't be sure. If its here perhaps the Signs team can turn it up.

Tarri

Hi Tarri, I hope you manage to rebalance this very worrying and very common metabolic disorder. Its a huge, huge problem everywhere in the Western World and I've seen some serious consequences for people who did not wish to get their blood sugar levels under control. High blood sugar levels (outside of normal) lead to mircovascular complications. For people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (the vast majority - 80-90%), they can sometimes face some pretty severe things.

I did a bit of research on it as its something my mother has and I will most likely get. Apparently it usually develops slowly, has some kind of genetic component and is usually characterised by three major metaboic abnormalities:
1. Insulin resistance by the tissues (where the cells do not respond to the action of the body's normal insulin production)
2. Decrease of insulin production because the pancreas becomes fatigued from overcompensation.
3. Haphazard and inappropriate glucose production by the liver.

What the normal suggestion to combat this problem is:
1. Reduce body mass,
2. Get lots of exercise (this may produce cells with more insulin receptors on them as a response)
3. Eat healthy meals.

Drs also suggest taking oral hypoglycaemics to try and 'enhance' tissue uptake of glucose.

I hope if I try to focus on points 1-3, I will be able to avoid or put off having to take medication. With a bit of luck!

I've heard rumors that high-fructose corn syrup is partially to blame. I don't know if that's true or not.

What I do know for sure, that as soon as I stopped drinking those HFCS-sweetetned drinks, I stopped waking up at night with stomach pains and a bladder on fire. Maybe that's just me, don't know.

Nowadays, I only drink bottled water and coffee, and only one cup in the morning at that. I also feel a lot better than I did a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom