Digital Collage

forrestlittle

The Force is Strong With This One
I did 16 meme collages a couple years ago. These are the first 3, the rest are up on a blog I have. I could share the others here if there's interest

Happy Saturday! Nice to be here

Forrest
collage 1.jpgcollage 2.jpgcollage 3.jpg

Why don't you explain the meaning of these collages or the reason why you created them? Personally I don't see any relationship between the images in each collage. Maybe I am not aware of something.

Oh sure, thanks for asking. Basically I collected memes and images related to my interest for about 4 years and then one day I put them into collages.

The exercise is taking an opportunity to create your own culture by collecting together and arranging the influences in your life you find to be most important.

A type of digestion.

Since its just someone's personal awarness and wake up journey, its natural that you might not see the relationship between the images.

It depends on whether or not we've been looking at similar sources of information.

I've been continually surprised when I talk to people and we're both aware of several of the same "new things" all at once, especially related to controversy. Wheras the learning individuals go through researching on their phones can be pretty lonely and we're under the illusion that we're the only ones going through that information near us.

So I'd say the collages are a type of beacon to see if there are people who recognize most of the content there, as proof of concept that the journey isn't always quite as individual and alone as it seems.

If you made collages like this, it'd likely also be so contextualized to population, temperament, interest categories, etc., that I'd be saying the same thing.

I'm a very recent arrival to this forum so I haven't made a collage for it.

I made the ones above using an old version of ms paint, whatever the px dimensions are like 3000x3000 or something, then I zoom way out and I go to my image folder and sort by size, largest first. And I just go down the list in the folder and feel into which ones I want to add, the larger ones in the background and the smaller ones fit in progressively smaller gaps in the image, or in less important parts of whats already there.

And to get images off the forum I just tried going to google image search and typing site:cassiopaea.org, but I don't know how much this really captures or if there's a way to search through all the images on each sub forum.

I'd pick ones I liked, and if it was on a topic I liked but a bad image, I'd save it anyway and then go back later and search for good images on that topic from somewhere else

And I suppose you'd have the option to make it a representative sample, or be more of a curator and show what you found to be most interesting

Back
Top Bottom