Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Just received this album as a gift and I highly recommend it! These are some gals with bigger cojones than a lot of men! Steel Magnolias to the Bone!

So did I! :lol: Well, it was loaned to me from a friend, not a gift, having just been released here in Australia. They certainly have some voices!

Also, lyrics to "Not Ready to Make Nice" gives me impression that the Dixie Chicks have been rather vocal about particular things in the past and have received various threats.

And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they'd write me a letter
Saying that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

Wow, I had no idea they were death threats.

Couldn't help but remind me of that scene from The Matrix.

Morpheus said:
...Everywhere you look, there are people. Somewhere else, somewhere in the future they may be human beings but here these people are a part of the system. That makes every one of them your enemy.

people like the Dixie Chicks and other antiwar peace activists, are the only ones who are still holding what's left of the soul of America

GO Dixie Chicks

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/10193414/review/10203846/taking_the_long_way

Following in the bootsteps of other Nashville renegades who eventually outgrew country radio, the Dixie Chicks answer their critics with the unapologetic Taking the Long Way. Their seventh studio album embraces the depth and fury of classic rock while remaining true to the trio's Texas roots. Rather than try to forget about singer Natalie Maines' anti-Bush remarks of 2003 -- which landed them in hot water with a lot of station program directors -- the threesome declares it's still "Not Ready to Make Nice" and employs Semisonic guy Dan Wilson, Jayhawk Gary Louris and other unlikely contributors to help write hooks as strong as their own sentiments.

Producer Rick Rubin enlists Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith and Heartbreakers keyboardist Benmont Tench and guitarist Mike Campbell to supply thick and gritty accompaniment that raises the urgency level of the album. If you've dismissed the Chicks or need a new reason to love them, the epic, howling longing of "Voice Inside My Head" will blow your expectations.

BARRY WALTERS

(Posted: May, 2 2006)

http://dixiechicks.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=542549

The Dixie Chicks Webcast from Shepherd's Bush Empire, London

On June 15th, the Dixie Chicks will be performing in London as part of the promotional activities behind the international release of their new album, "Taking the Long Way." In recognition of this event, MSN will be broadcasting the 90-minute performance.

This sold-out concert is taking place at Shepherd's Bush Empire, the so-called "scene of the crime" of lead singer Natalie Maines' infamous quotes regarding President Bush in 2003. This is the group's first ever concert Webcast and part of their partnership with MSN Video to provide an exclusive, more detailed and intimate glimpse into their world.

Come back (to the URL above) June 15th at 10 PM EST, 7 PM PST to view the Webcast. If you miss the show at this time, we will have on demand clips of the concert available to view for a limited time afterward.

If anyones interested, just noticed that the Dixie Chicks are guests on Jules Hollands show tonight at 11.35pm on BBC2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

[edit] sorry, it's on tomorrow night (Friday).

Back
Top Bottom