Do You Ever Fully Leave The Womb

Menna

The Living Force
I have been thinking about this lately ever since I moved back home closer to my parents. Since being away and moving back I have noticed their tendencies. I knew them before but having independent life experiences with contemplation makes them stand out more.

Father unnecessarily aggressive or has a temper/frustration toward everyday (not big deal) situations and Mother a worrier/nervous tendencies.

I have been able to break away from the male unnessary tantrums in reaction to everyday things as I have reflected on my life experiences and with knowledge gained can gauge what to get upset/frustrated about and what not to. However I find myself clinging toward an event to worry about. Mothers side. I catch myself and snap out of it BUT almost everyday/every other day this worry/Nervousness creeps into my being. At the time I notice this I realize I can handle what I am worried about BUT this Mother tendency is harder than getting past the fathers passed down tendencies.
After reading books like mean genes and understanding traits, cells, DNA and what have you are passed down to the offspring my question is... Do you ever really leave your mothers womb? The tendency connection is very strong on the female side meaning it’s relentless almost like a nagging child you want to tell to leave you alone.

I feel like I am ready to graduate from this multiple times a week subject nervousness/worrying but I almost feel like it is in me. (I need an oil change or something)

Is there information on this? Or is it just a fact of life? I’m not sure if doing/perfecting the work is enough to stop this as it feels like this worrying/nervousness is imbedded in my DNA Helix how can you separate out the blue from blue paint, green from grass, the red from a red rose? You get my point.

I let my parents be my parents and in a situation with them I may say wel that’s not a big deal or I wouldn’t worry so much about that. I’m not trying to fix or change them just trying to gain knowledge on this topic to better understand this dynamic. Hopefully the answer is not that’s the way it is notice the feeling and let it pass through because even 20 seconds of that feeling isn’t good for our organism...It’s annoying.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about this lately ever since I moved back home closer to my parents. Since being away and moving back I have noticed their tendencies. I knew them before but having independent life experiences with contemplation makes them stand out more.

Father unnecessarily aggressive or has a temper/frustration toward everyday (not big deal) situations and Mother a worrier/nervous tendencies.

I have been able to break away from the male unnessary tantrums in reaction to everyday things as I have reflected on my life experiences and with knowledge gained can gauge what to get upset/frustrated about and what not to. However I find myself clinging toward an event to worry about. Mothers side. I catch myself and snap out of it BUT almost everyday/every other day this worry/Nervousness creeps into my being. At the time I notice this I realize I can handle what I am worried about BUT this Mother tendency is harder than getting past the fathers passed down tendencies.
After reading books like mean genes and understanding traits, cells, DNA and what have you are passed down to the offspring my question is... Do you ever really leave your mothers womb? The tendency connection is very strong on the female side meaning it’s relentless almost like a nagging child you want to tell to leave you alone.

I feel like I am ready to graduate from this multiple times a week subject nervousness/worrying but I almost feel like it is in me. (I need an oil change or something)

Is there information on this? Or is it just a fact of life? I’m not sure if doing/perfecting the work is enough to stop this as it feels like this worrying/nervousness is imbedded in my DNA Helix how can you separate out the blue from blue paint, green from grass, the red from a red rose? You get my point.

I let my parents be my parents and in a situation with them I may say wel that’s not a big deal or I wouldn’t worry so much about that. I’m not trying to fix or change them just trying to gain knowledge on this topic to better understand this dynamic. Hopefully the answer is not that’s the way it is notice the feeling and let it pass through because even 20 seconds of that feeling isn’t good for our organism...It’s annoying.
Your parents need some tender loving. Some pointer on psychic interaction of negativity:

You need to be aware of and admit quite a lot of negativity. It makes a lot of difference whether you are aware of your negative intentionality, or whether you blindly grope, act out, and consequently suffer a confusion that hurts. When you are only vaguely aware of your negativity, only dimly sensing the hurt that it inflicts on others, you are caught in a battle of blame, self-justification, helplessness, self-rejection and self-doubt. You cannot help but hook others with their own unconscious conflicts into your negativity.
Denying your negativity incur a double guilt. There is the guilt for the negative attitude in question then you are involved in the guilt for denying this negativity, Your denial always implies inner or outer harmful acts toward others because you punish others for your own failings, for your own negative intentions, lovelessness, untruthfulness, spite, and unfair demands.

This process is most common and yet so subtle that only people who possess a considerable amount of self-awareness can begin to recognize it in themselves and therefore also in others. The refusal to love, when not admitted, often manifests in the following attitude: “I do not want to give you anything but I demand that you give me everything. If you do not, I will punish you.” This attitude is very typical. The more concealed and the less consciously expressed, the more insidious its effect will be on the self and others. It is always relatively easy to deny, rationalize, distort, conceal, or use half-truths to justify this attitude.

The more you expose every detail of the disparity between your demands, your own ungiving intentions and the punishment you mete out when your demands are not being met, the more you clear yourself of guilt. The clearer you can see the preposterous unfairness of what you demand compared to what you give, how differently you insist on being treated from how you treat others, and exactly how you choose to punish the quicker you will free yourself of a burden that causes depression, anxiety, worry, hopelessness, and often physical illness and material frustration as well.

One of the most popular ways for punishing others for not responding with love to your ungivingness is to render them guilty by building the case in such a way that they seem to be the cause for your misery. You convince yourself quite successfully of this because you choose to see only the result of your withholding and spiteful non-giving. You choose to ignore that others cannot respond the way you would like them to when your own psyche is still steeped in this negative, non-giving attitude toward life.
I will deny the truth and will blame you for not giving me all and for not letting me get away with my one-sided demands. And if you dare to react to this I will punish you by hating you and by blaming you even more. Those who are at the beginning of their "work", or those who have a very strong investment in their idealized self-image, which makes no room for this truth, will first think it is quite impossible that they can harbor such an attitude. If you feel comfortable with others, without anxiety, if you expand your life in a joyous way and if you regard occasional difficulties as meaningful stepping stones, then you have already vastly overcome this poisonous attitude. But you must have had it and must have dealt with it in a truthful way. No one is entirely free from it to begin with. If you have not found this attitude, you must work your way through your pride, your investment in your pretense. When you admit your negative intentionality you perform the most fundamental act of love. If you do not admit your negative intent, you may give a lot, but never the real thing that counts most. You may give things, money, good deeds, even tenderness and concern, but they are hollow gifts without setting the other free by the honest admission of your negativity.

Psyche to psyche, the following interaction takes place. Suppose you inwardly say, “I will punish you for not fulfilling my insatiable demands. I will not love you or give you anything. I will punish you by making you guilty, and if you want something from me, I will not give it to you. I punish you most effectively by making myself the victim, so you cannot blame or catch me.” Suppose the other person is inwardly struggling with giving up a similar defense. Their resistance says: “You must not give it up. Others are out to hurt, to victimize, to exploit you. If you open your heart to love, you will get nothing but rejection, unfairness, and hate in return. It does not pay. You had better remain closed up.” Just imagine how your self-victimizing attitude will reinforce the irrational resistance of the other person to being open, vulnerable, and loving. The frightened part of the self, which is geared to “protective” negativity and withholding, will be set back considerably in this struggle whenever it encounters such a negative intentionality. This punishment often takes the form of severe accusations that malign the other’s character.

The unconscious interaction in this area thus fortifies and justifies the conviction that negativity is a necessary defense. Viewed from this narrow vantage point, the position seems right. Thus when you pursue your negative intentionality, you are also responsible for the other. One of the apparently paradoxical truths of spiritual reality is that you are responsible for yourself and you are also responsible for the other, each in a different way. By the same token, others’ negative intentionality hurts and hinders you and they are responsible for doing this to you. Yet they could not succeed if you would not tenaciously hold on to your own. In that sense, the responsibility is yours. Everyone has the choice of either using the other’s bad intentions as an excuse to stay in their own or looking for a new way of responding to life. It is therefore equally true that you are exclusively responsible for yourself and others are exclusively responsible for themselves and that, everyone is responsible for the other person.

There are particular phases in human development where an entity finds it almost impossible to come out of his or her negative defense system, and of the conviction that this defense is necessary, unless one of those people with whom the person is entangled lets them off the hook by admitting his or her own negative intentionality, destructive attitude, dishonesty, and meanness. Just imagine how you would feel when someone close to you, who has given you pain by pointing out your real and your false guilts, but who has also confused you by the denial of his or her guilt, suddenly said to you: “I realize that I do not want to give you love. I want to demand from you and then blame you, accuse you, and punish you when you do not comply with my demands. But I do not allow you to feel hurt, because although I want to hurt you, I do not want to be made to feel guilty by your hurt.” It is not very likely that you would respond to this act of love by being self-righteous and acting the all-innocent one who has always known this and is now established as the innocent victim.

Negative intentionality is a defense. It stems from the innate belief that the world cannot be trusted and the only way the self can protect itself is by being as mean as the world is supposed to be or meaner. When you admit your ill will, you help others to begin to trust in the decency of the world and of people. You can then begin to ponder, “Maybe it is not so dangerous, after all. Maybe I am not all alone in my hidden shame and guilt. Maybe I can let go. Maybe I, too, can admit these feelings without being held solely responsible.” What a difference this would be in your attitude toward life, in your spiritual position as a human entity.
Your energy system must begin to change. Honesty is the most needed and most rare form of love among human beings. Without honesty, the illusion will always remain that you are separate from others, that your interests are contradictory, that in order to protect your interests you must defeat others, and vice versa.

Only when you know your own negativity truly own up to it, assume responsibility for it, and no longer project it onto others while distorting reality in order to be able to do so, will you suddenly gain new insight into other people’s doings, so that even when they do not admit it, you will know what is happening. That, too, takes you out of the confusion and the guilt of “Where am I at fault in my misery? How have I caused it? How have others caused it?”—thus fluctuating between blame and self-blame. Neither leads to any solution. But the moment you assume responsibility for your negative, destructive attitudes toward others, even if others are not willing to do likewise, you see the picture clearly. You unhook yourself, not only by your admission and self-knowledge, but also by comprehending the negative intentions, the acting out, the dishonest projections of the other person. This is why everyone who admits the worst in themselves inevitably feels elation, liberation, energy, hope, and light as the immediate result.

Spiritual growth brings you the gift of knowing the inside of other people: their thoughts, their intentions, their feelings. This is not magic; it occurs naturally because in reality you and others are one. As you read your own mind accurately, you cannot help reading those of others since in reality it is all one mind. Other people’s minds are closed books only as long as you hide from your own mind. To be able to read others’ minds would amount to dangerous magic but whenever this ability grows organically as a byproduct of knowing your own inner makeup, it is natural and cannot be abused in the service of power drives and negativity.

As you grow and learn about yourself, and therefore about others and the world, you experience life in deeper and more varied ways which is your reason for being incarnated. As you gain understanding and learn to experience feelings which you have previously avoided, you are setting the stage for expansion. In practical terms this means that attitudes which were once useful now become destructive and limiting. It happens so often on the path of evolution that entities grow in various ways and prepare the ground for necessary new attitudes toward life. Yet they can impede this expansion by their refusal to give up certain attitudes. So you must adapt yourself to new ways of responding to the world, responding differently to other people’s reactions toward you, to what happens around you and also to what happens within you. This will come about, first, by knowing that your old response is a conditioned reflex created to fit a smaller way of functioning in life; second, by questioning that reflex and the beliefs behind it. Last but not least by choosing love, rather than separateness, as your way of being in the world.

Again, this must not be a mere word or a sentimentalized emoting that covers up many things you do not wish to admit. It must be put in action depending on where you are inwardly. Admitting your negativity is always an act of love, whether it is done directly to the person in question, where this is possible, or to a helper who is not personally involved with your negativity. Wherever you find your negativity even while you still choose to stay with it contemplate that one day you will want to give it up.

Love is the key. If you do not open your heart you must wither away. You have all seen that no matter how true some diagnosis may be, how many insights you have gained into the background, history and dynamics of a condition that gives trouble, unless you commit yourself to opening your heart, no real change can ever occur. You cannot be fulfilled unless you let yourself feel from the heart. And it is no use pretending that you want to love, that you even do love, as long as you are frightened of feeling your feelings. To the degree that it is so, you hold back from loving. You cannot be strong and courageous, you cannot love yourself, unless you love. It is equally true that only as you love others can you love yourself. The first step must be to be willing to love. You do not start loving simply because you so choose. You have to call the divine nature of your innermost to give you the grace of loving to manifest through you in making you open your heart and lose your fear of feelings, of being vulnerable. If you love, you have everything. But if you love falsely, as a pretense, it is much, much less loving and much more deceptive and harmful than when you admit your hate. Admitting your hate is more loving than an apparently loving act that denies the hate.

Our physical vehicle is combination genes of millions of evolutionary factors. Since baby is dependent on mother since preverbal stages and mothers womb, what mother feels nervous, infant feels all the feelings as his own. preverbal stuff goes into subconscious and we may not be aware when it triggered and hard to rewire. That doesn't mean we can't get over it. We can partly (at least bad side effects) after some decent WORK. we can be impatient with thoughts like "Why the hell this is repeating". some research talks about trauma repeating 3 generations if not interfered and our subconscious automatically does more than 90% of the body's activities. As parents grow older, their flexibility to change also dramatically reduces giving a feeling that they are stuck in their mechanical reactions. In a way, we all do some ways.

Our physical vehicle is combination genes of millions of evolutionary factors. Since baby is dependent on mother since preverbal stages and mothers womb, what mother feels nervous, infant feels all the feelings as his own. preverbal stuff goes into subconscious and we may not be aware when it triggered and hard to rewire. That doesn't mean we can't get over it. We can partly (at least bad side effects) after some decent WORK. we can be impatient with thoughts like "Why the hell this is repeating". some research talks about trauma repeating 3 generations if not interfered and our subconscious automatically does more than 90% of the body's activities. As parents grow older, their flexibility to change also dramatically reduces giving a feeling that they are stuck in their mechanical reactions. In a way, we all do some ways.
Your conclusion is correct. A childhood trauma produces deprivation, unhappiness, destructive feelings and behavior only indirectly. The healthy soul also experiences early unhappiness but throws off the effects without deeply imprinting negative patterns. It is these negative patterns that are directly responsible for the unhappy experience in the present. You must understand this point clearly and work through the negative patterns to overcome that which holds you back from life. Your parents are not finally responsible for your misconceptions. Resentment against them violates self-responsibility. Similarly, you are not responsible for the neurotic patterns of your own child. Excessive guilt for your child’s problems is based on a misconception, although you are responsible for your own distortions that might affect the child. Thus, dwelling on the childhood experience alone can give at best a partial understanding; it cannot produce vital and significant change. The latter is possible only when you profoundly understand your destructive patterns and drastically change them.

It is always an interesting experience to see our parents as humans after we have “become” a “fully-fledged” adult...

While we are growing up, our parents define both our realities and our “ideal” selves... After we have “experienced“ this world, and have truly become ourselves, the limitations of our parents, and their experience of the world really start to bite...

Sadly, for most, our parents can never comprehend the concepts that we routinely take for granted! (This is a combination of ignorance and the level of propaganda they were exposed-to over their lives.)

e.g. Despite being over 50, my father still relates to me as being ~ 15 years of age in a world-view reflecting the ‘70s/80s...

I am now MUCH older than my father was when I first became aware of his identity as a father figure. (My mother died long ago...)

Similarly, I surpassed both my parent’s understanding of this world many years ago. I was forced into a position of responsibility when neither of my parents were in a position to deal with the realities this world throws our way...

While my parents provided the initial inputs into who I am today, sadly they were never able to comprehend who I became, and they will always be a product of their time.

Just a few words in this subject that I find interesting, what helped me for my part in front of all this was to end up realizing that my parents were in fact children. I mean that the knowledge of oneself, of the others, and of what we learn and have learned here thanks to the forum allowed me to realize that I had become without realizing it at first the parent of my own parents. It was then that my vision changed and I saw my mother and my father as two children stammering in this world, which allowed me to have much more tenderness towards them than ever before, it transformed the resentments I had because of the education they gave me as well as their personality which made me suffer a lot, simply because they wanted me to be in their image. I am not talking about falling into the arrogance of "I am better than you, or I know better than you" but just an inversion of perception between children and parents. It is also in this perspective that new forms of emotions have appeared, in the sense that they are no longer reactionary/limiting emotions even if it can still happen (I am not perfect far from it) but it develops a sincere empathy and a deep love whereas years before, without this insight that my parents were in fact big children, it would not have allowed me to change and become better towards them. This is a personal experience, not sure if it works for you but if it broadens your perspective.

can gauge what to get upset/frustrated about and what not to.

This means that your mind is intervening between feelings and action and is not fully natural. You are controlling things at this level.
Real feelings are just what they are. If you are upset you are upset. Period. The gauging is natural and comes from the emotional system itself.

"It’s annoying."
Is what you are annoying?
This means that you want to be something that you are not, and it is typical that people take this approach. All their solutions involve not really being honest or getting to know themselves. They feel themselves superfically, notice a problem, and want to get rid of it quickly.
But as Jesus said those who mourn will be comforted ? Why, because those are the one's who are interested in what they actually feel.

I personally have enjoyed learning "Inner Bonding" and "Inner Family Systems", both of which involved starting to know yourself, to take an interest in yourself. Which is quite surprising. Surprising when you realise that you don't, that you don't really know what you are feeling or why. And to see that maybe you haven't wished to know yourself.

I let my parents be my parents and in a situation with them I may say wel that’s not a big deal or I wouldn’t worry so much about that.

I can relate to your circumstance - in a short response to the thread title, I don't think we ever do. Kind of indirectly related, but I've been thinking about the dynamics of powerful people and aging lately. My thinking was about 'powerful' e.g. middle-aged people, who grow old and eventually lose their power or influence over others. The power context in a workplace or society is still different though to a family context and despite age, in a family I don't think the social dynamic ever changes. Broadly, (i.e. barring mental capacity, psychopath relations, or similar) parents will always be parents, children will always be children.

This video shows an 85-year old man hearing a recording of a song his mother used to sing to him as a child. Having spoken to similar aged people in my own family, they have repeatedly spoken of their fondness for their parents who are long, long passed.

Absolutely fascinating topic. I respect your candor. Other side of the question is “Have I fully entered into life?”

Ca I say anything wise? Anything that would really make a difference?

“Hopefully the answer is not that’s the way it is notice the feeling and let it pass through because even 20 seconds of that feeling isn’t good for our organism...It’s annoying.”

Like that song “Take it easy”

“Don’t let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy...”

Does not the cosmic zen master hit us over the head with the same Stick until we laugh?

That's an interesting observation, I have observed myself entering into different mental states, if you will, whenever I visit my family, it's like an adaptability trait perhaps, the funny thing is that it's less noticeable when I leave (not that it's a very drastic change though). A few years ago I remember concluding that I had my mother's heart, I recall describing certain situations much like she would, and that thought was shocking because I wanted to be my own self, and not only that, I saw the mistakes she had made and I wanted to desperately avoid them.

So I would speculate that there's a combination of factors that might aid this phenomenon, one of them might be nurture and trauma, things that happened to you or that were taught to you and so you learned to see the world as she saw it, or feel about it as she did. And this might not have been conscious at all, maybe when you were young you learned that it was dangerous to you whenever she was anxious, she was for years your emotional radar to the world and so you learned to emulate and anticipate the danger by her reactions.

I remember reading on The Gift of Fear that we're actually extremely good at reading our environment even if unaware, small little changes in someone's expressions or muscle tension, even breathing signal to us that there's danger lurking somewhere. So I would speculate that your mothers anxious tendencies are deeply written into your emotional and even physiological systems and the message might simply be: "if she's anxious, there's danger around" which to a small baby, it's actually a fairly safe assumption to make. So it might be left overs of that.

The other thing that occurred to me was limbic resonance, which might not be tied to her being your mother but her simply being another human being. Something that I have always found interesting is how some of these pranks work, when someone pretends to be scared over something, and complete strangers react as though the danger was real before verifying its veracity. I think we're wired to do this, to resonate to what our surroundings are doing, and so you might be resonating to her state.

I think overcoming your father's tendencies might be easier because it's not as deeply rooted, fear for one's life or well being is a deeper emotion than something that upsets you particularly but it's really of no transcendence.

What I would suggest is, I would try to become more specific about the situations that arise the anxiety. There's probably a source for each occasion and some of those might warrant real action and urgency and some might not and handle each individually. One exercise that has worked for me in the past with anxiety, is to use imagination to tell myself a story, and decide what I would do should the thing that I am anxious about were to actually happen.

I once read that your mind can't tell the difference between fiction and reality and so, if anxiety is the imaginary irrational fear of something outside of our control, then I figured that I would use the same vehicle, imagination, to attempt to bring it under my agency, and it has helped.

my two cents.

I don't understand your question exactly, but in relation to my mother, if that can help you, I was always annoyed that I resembled her in certain traits, such as anxiety for example, and fear, which was always present in her, and guilt, and that I had the feeling that I was fighting against these traits part of my life. Or the tone of my voice, with my husband, which sounded strangely like the one my mother used with my father. And then little by little I understood that she had been very unhappy all her life, not just understood but accepted. Today I still have moments of anxiety but they are my anxieties, not my mother's. I think so! And then lately I realized that I smile like her, that sometimes I have her kindness, her sweet naivety that she had, in my eyes or my smile, like a tender look that she had on people or things. And I like that. I think it's when we accept to be an adult, we work to become an adult and also when we accept that our mother is also the closest being to us, the one who allowed us to be here, that we are still alive... makes us eternally, during this present life, grateful to her.

Back
Top Bottom