Doing the dishes is beneficial for the stress

An article i've just translated from Turkish. Would like to share with ya.

In a study conducted in Florida State University, the researchers have examined the effect of doing chores on women. The team who has examined a group of housewives that does house chores every day, detected that there is 27 percent less stress and psychological tension in the ladies that do dishes. Adam Hanley, the director of the research team, stated that the examinees feel mentally relaxed after finishing the washing. He also added that, the positive mindfulness that is created by daily routine is important for our health.

Doing the dishes totally relaxes me. I agree that it’s a total stress reliever. I’ve always been the one in the house who does the dishes, everywhere I’ve ever lived. The fact that it’s a contribution is a bonus. That and making my bed first thing when I wake up. I make my bed, brush my teeth, and put away the last night’s dishes that have been drying overnight. It sets the pace for my day. Then I check in here.😉 Give me a sink full of dishes and a scrubber and I’m a happy camper!😄

For me too. And watching other people wash the dishes is also very relaxing. ;-D I'm thinking of some old Quebec series where you see the woman washing the dishes and others helping her to dry them, and it becomes an opportunity to talk and communicate. The mother with her daughter, or with her husband. I sometimes take the opportunity to listen to programmes, and the more programmes I have to listen to, the more I do the washing up. Or I do some ironing, which relaxes me enormously.

An article i've just translated from Turkish. Would like to share with ya.

In a study conducted in Florida State University, the researchers have examined the effect of doing chores on women. The team who has examined a group of housewives that does house chores every day, detected that there is 27 percent less stress and psychological tension in the ladies that do dishes. Adam Hanley, the director of the research team, stated that the examinees feel mentally relaxed after finishing the washing. He also added that, the positive mindfulness that is created by daily routine is important for our health.
I'm sorry...but...Adam Hanley, the director of the team, was probably trying any which way he could to get his wife to do chores!! I want to see the study that examines the effect of doing chores...on men. Let's face it, we've had plenty of publications that direct women on household chores, dating back to the early 1800s...The Pears Encyclipedia, Mrs Beaton, Good Housekeeping....how about a bit of equality for a change?

For me too. And watching other people wash the dishes is also very relaxing. ;-D I'm thinking of some old Quebec series where you see the woman washing the dishes and others helping her to dry them, and it becomes an opportunity to talk and communicate. The mother with her daughter, or with her husband. I sometimes take the opportunity to listen to programmes, and the more programmes I have to listen to, the more I do the washing up. Or I do some ironing, which relaxes me enormously.
I like watching people mow the lawn, instant gratification, especially if they start at the edges and work their way into the middle.
The state of our immediate environment reflects the state of our mind, clean, tidy and organised? I’d like to say I’m consistent but I quit lying a while ago. So I won’t comment.
But yes, the dishes, the cleansing water, the light and colours dancing off the bubbles, the fresh aroma, the resulting clean kitchen. It is a pleasure for the moods.
And this, little elemental critters love dirty places to hide and be a drag on our energies.

One of the benefits of being a lover of washing dishes is that my wife is equally happy to handle the laundry. Not that I mind doing laundry, but it works for us.😁
In our house, if one cooks, the other washes up...mostly, it's a combination of both....its lovely to do chores together and fun too...especially if we put a record on and have a little dance and boogie woogie! I work a lot, so my husband does most of the housework, walks our dog and by his own admission, gives him great pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom