Dream about losing a tooth, next night dreamt I was told had a year to live.

Thebull

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
My dreams have been way more vivid since the crystals arrived. I don't keep a journal of my dreams but I thought these may be of importance. I've had various dreams about losing a tooth or teeth in the past. I'm aware that it could be anxiety and at the moment I'm not sure what direction I want to take from a career perspective.

I dreampt I was with two former friends at some kind of amusement park. One friend I grew up with and he is the same age. He had many difficulties in is childhood/growing up. The other person in the dream was a chap I worked with when I was a young teenager. He was an alcoholic but we were very close. He was killed in a car crash though he wasn't driving and it hit me very hard at the time. In fact we all knew each other.

In the dream we were playing games and having some fun. We stooped to eat and I was sat at the table after eating with the friends and. I put my hand in my mouth as had some food stuck in the tooth. I pulled it clean out and sat looking at it. I woke feeling really stressed though I don't know why. Did pots to calm down and Went to sleep.

This morning I dreamt I was in a group setting with people from the forum. We were sat down sharing food. I told people that my diet wasn't always great and I felt a bit like a fraud compared to the others. There was no judgement from anyone. One of the group turned to me and said in utter seriousness if I don't change I'll be dead in 12 months. I woke up and the words had really hit me hard and again had to calm down with pots to get back to sleep.

It has been a tough time this year with my work (though I'm working part time) I feel my next step is really important. My mums just had an op and she's awaiting the results to find out what type of cancer she has. Although we're financially quite stable I'm not providing as much and this is hard for me. I've also had a cough/cold that I've had for 5 or 6 weeks that I can't shake and feel quite low.

I just wanted to share as I felt the dreams were linked in some way and it was a massive wake up call when I awoke after been told I had 12 months to live. It felt like I had been given the truth.

Hi Thebull, i had a dream once about loosing teeth and onother pulling a huge tooth out.

My association at the time was of a vanity thing, but more in depth it meant that i had shame on everything and needed to look proper at all times. (Keeping up the image we want to project)
On the big tooth pulled it mean i was extracting a rotten part of me out.

Somehow what you mentioned ring when you said you were not being judged by others, but that doesn't mean you didn't feel shame.
That can mean that you are judging yourself in some way, that though you know others may not judge and understand you, that there is still a self-judgement dynamic in that, a small mistake earns you a great deal of stress, and this stress although only in though, can still drain you.

What it can mean in the context of the people of the dreams sounds to me very personal and only you can make certain associations,

That you may or may not die in 12 months can either be anxiety in the self-judgement or a signal to something else, but doesn't necessarily mean a doom, just don't feed negative patterns which may turn it into a self fullfilling profecy in some way.
And on that note, i just wanna mention that through your Will you can move from timelines based on your day to day decision, i think is great you shared and let it out of your chest and shared how you feel too.

Felipe4 said:
Hi Thebull, i had a dream once about loosing teeth and onother pulling a huge tooth out.

My association at the time was of a vanity thing, but more in depth it meant that i had shame on everything and needed to look proper at all times. (Keeping up the image we want to project)
On the big tooth pulled it mean i was extracting a rotten part of me out.

Somehow what you mentioned ring when you said you were not being judged by others, but that doesn't mean you didn't feel shame.
That can mean that you are judging yourself in some way, that though you know others may not judge and understand you, that there is still a self-judgement dynamic in that, a small mistake earns you a great deal of stress, and this stress although only in though, can still drain you.

What it can mean in the context of the people of the dreams sounds to me very personal and only you can make certain associations,

That you may or may not die in 12 months can either be anxiety in the self-judgement or a signal to something else, but doesn't necessarily mean a doom, just don't feed negative patterns which may turn it into a self fullfilling profecy in some way.
And on that note, i just wanna mention that through your Will you can move from timelines based on your day to day decision, i think is great you shared and let it out of your chest and shared how you feel too.
Thanks for taking the time to respond Felipe as the explanation's of the dreams I gave were lacking detail. I think your comment on judgement part is something for me to contemplate. I am at times very hard on myself and it's a dynamic that's stemmed initially from the relationship with my father. This feeling of not been good enough or running this harsh parent program was reinforced by other relationships I had in my younger years. I suppose it's always been there especially when I am feeling stressed or out of my comfort zone.

I Think the characters that showed up it my first dream were there for a specific purpose with a message for me. Unfortunately I didn't get enough of the dream written down so I may well of missed that one for now. I can often have the same dream again so if I'm receptive I may get the message again if I'm open to it.

I don't necessarily think I will die and I know the future is open. The specific statement is not something I will dwell on. Though I think the the dream was trying to convey a message to me. It really stirred something in me immediately after I woke up.

What I will mention and I don't know if I should be concerned. Is recently a former close friend has been back in touch with me on the phone. He has addiction problems and psychological issues. Many years ago he gave me my reiki attunements. I probably shouldn't of let him do it but at the time he was the only person I spoke to regarding my then spiritual interests. He said he wanted to pass on the attunements as reiki should be free, and to pass the attunements on to the people he was close to.

We ended up talking on the phone a couple of weeks ago and he asked me if he could send some distant healing (reiki) to me after I'd explained what had been going with work and my family. I said yes and immediately after I put the phone down I couldn't believe I'd given him permission to do that. I really don't trust him so why I said yes beggars belief. Anyway I thought I have protection from the crystals from the chateau and I set an intention and asked for protection but it's been nagging me so I thought I'd mention this. I'm probably been paranoid but could this have an effect on me negatively? I'd like to think I'm aware enough for it not to but who knows.

Hi TheBull, I did a search on Jungian analysis of dreams where people lose their teeth and found this:
To Elined Kotschnig

Dear Mrs. Kotschnig, 16 April 1936

The symbol of losing teeth has the primitive meaning of losing one’s grip because under primitive circumstances and in the animal kingdom, the teeth and mouth are the gripping organ.

If one loses teeth, one loses the grip on something.

Now this can mean a loss of reality, a loss of relationship, a loss of self-control, etc.

The English word grip is contained in the German word Begriff (conception or notion).

The Latin word conceptio means the same, i.e., catching hold of something, having a grip on something.

Thus the lost tooth also can mean that one loses a certain conception of things, a hitherto valid opinion or attitude.

For instance pregnancy can have such an effect that one loses one’s grip on the psychic continuity as the physiological condition takes the lead over the mind.

The dream of the bone in the skull seems to point to the hole in the skull through which the soul escapes according to primitive belief.

This can mean a fear of death or a somewhat dangerous communication with the unconscious.

That the bone comes out of the mouth in the form of a tooth would convey the idea that a certain old opinion has been lost or is to be lost.

Occasionally it can also mean getting old or older, particularly so with women that have children, because there is a saying that each child cost a tooth.

Sincerely yours,

C.G. Jung ~Carl Jung, Letters Vol. 1, Page 212.

I can't verify the source of this information but here is a blog post about death dreams that I thought linked to the one above:
"After that experience I would say that even if people have death dreams, it might only mean that they should face death. It doesn't mean that death will actually happen but that they must come to a naked confrontation with the fact that their life might come to an end."

Sometimes the life-threatening issue that needs to be confronted isn't cancer, but blocked creativity. A friend of mine awoke from an odd dream about a murderous mad scientist with a horrible feeling that she did not have much longer to live. She had recently turned 50, and had been mulling over various aspects of her life with which she felt dissatisfied, in particular her career in advertising. The sudden, visceral feeling that she only had a very limited time on the planet catapulted her into taking the leap of applying to graduate school to get her master's in education. She had always wanted to be a teacher, and had been holding herself back because of her age. Her death dream gave her the impetus to charge after her life dream. And the rush of energy she felt after she applied to school told her that she was absolutely making the right decision.

In her famous book, Women Who Run with the Wolves, Jungian analyst Clarissa Pinkola Estés discusses the necessity of embracing the Life/Death/Life nature of human existence in order to truly experience our creative power. If new, juicy experiences are to be born, the worn-out and stagnant must die. My friend let go of her advertising career so that she could make room for more rewarding opportunities in education. Tina said goodbye to her "rock of the family" role in favor of acknowledging her authentic needs. Von Franz's client had to face her mortality before she could release her most troubling issues and engage with life. Each of these situations teaches that, while death dreams may be scary, they are often not a harbinger of pain as much as an invitation to a deeper, more satisfying life.

Could you be recapitulating on your own life because of the potential cancer that your mum has? And your higher self or unconscious whatever you want to call it is trying to tell you to pay attention, make changes?

What are practical steps that you could take to change diet? Have you tried to identify triggers that push you to deviate from the diet? I know for me, when I'm tired or cranky I'm especially prone to eatng too much or snacking. Maybe if you learnt more about the negative effects of the foods then the knowledge could motivate you to stay away from them, just a thought :)

There are a couple of recent threads on reiki recently, i think you should read them and ask the question formaly on a new thread since it is concerning you.

Thebull said:
MWhat I will mention and I don't know if I should be concerned. Is recently a former close friend has been back in touch with me on the phone. He has addiction problems and psychological issues. Many years ago he gave me my reiki attunements. I probably shouldn't of let him do it but at the time he was the only person I spoke to regarding my then spiritual interests. He said he wanted to pass on the attunements as reiki should be free, and to pass the attunements on to the people he was close to.

We ended up talking on the phone a couple of weeks ago and he asked me if he could send some distant healing (reiki) to me after I'd explained what had been going with work and my family. I said yes and immediately after I put the phone down I couldn't believe I'd given him permission to do that. I really don't trust him so why I said yes beggars belief. Anyway I thought I have protection from the crystals from the chateau and I set an intention and asked for protection but it's been nagging me so I thought I'd mention this. I'm probably been paranoid but could this have an effect on me negatively? I'd like to think I'm aware enough for it not to but who knows.

In all that you explained i have some question, and these question or looking to find these answer may help you,

What kind of psychological and addiction problems are you aware of that he has?
How long ago was your last contact and recent contact?
What were the resons for separation and now reunion between you and this former friend?

The crystal may have protected you, but remember "awareness is a shield of armor maybe it is a wake up call to remain more aware to your interaction with others, and more aware in general.

This reffers to the bolded part and may be a "be nice" program in the sense that part of you don't want to displease others? So you agreed?
Or can it be the you were simply not paying attention and by the time you said "yes" you realized "wait a minute, why did i say yes"
Or both, or something else, the question you indeed what to find is why did I? What in me gave in? And why?

If paying is more to your liking, you pray to the DCM to assist you find asnswers to your questions.
Praying helped me greatly.

Felipe4 said:
There are a couple of recent threads on reiki recently, i think you should read them and ask the question formaly on a new thread since it is concerning you.

Thebull said:
MWhat I will mention and I don't know if I should be concerned. Is recently a former close friend has been back in touch with me on the phone. He has addiction problems and psychological issues. Many years ago he gave me my reiki attunements. I probably shouldn't of let him do it but at the time he was the only person I spoke to regarding my then spiritual interests. He said he wanted to pass on the attunements as reiki should be free, and to pass the attunements on to the people he was close to.

In all that you explained i have some question, and these question or looking to find these answer may help you,

What kind of psychological and addiction problems are you aware of that he has?
How long ago was your last contact and recent contact?
What were the resons for separation and now reunion between you and this former friend?

The crystal may have protected you, but remember "awareness is a shield of armor maybe it is a wake up call to remain more aware to your interaction with others, and more aware in general.

This reffers to the bolded part and may be a "be nice" program in the sense that part of you don't want to displease others? So you agreed?
Or can it be the you were simply not paying attention and by the time you said "yes" you realized "wait a minute, why did i say yes"
Or both, or something else, the question you indeed what to find is why did I? What in me gave in? And why?

If paying is more to your liking, you pray to the DCM to assist you find asnswers to your questions.
Praying helped me greatly.
Felipe, sorry for my delayed response.

The addiction issues I know of he has are he's a heavy cannabis smoker and drinking too much alcohol. The psychological issues stem from there. I probably was not in touch for 4 years or more until recently. Just to give some background I'm from a small village origionally. A lot of my former acquaintances/friends smoked cannabis or took other drugs which I did back then. I left there 16 years ago and moved out of those circles though I keep in touch regularly with one individual there. I rang my friend up there and he was with the other guy and that was about a month ago. I've called him once directly since then and talked again when I rang my other friend that's when he mentioned the distant healing. The reason we origionally went our separate ways was I was encouraging him to go out and work which he hadn't done for a long time and he took offence and pushed me away. This chap at one time is about the only person I discussed spiritual topics with and he knew me when I was at my lowest in my twenties.

When I agreed to the healing it was just in general conversation and didn't think anything about it until the day after. I think I used to enjoy our conversations and it was easy to feel comfortable talking to him. I probably let my guard down but we don't see each other in person I thought after that maybe there could be negative aspects to a distant healing. I have followed the reiki thread but I suppose I was concerned I gave him permission to send reiki and wondered if it was possible to send negative energy. In hindsight it was a stupid thing to agree to and I should of said no.

Dreams of falling teeth may symbolize a change/growth taking place(such as children losing their teeth). Same with death, change/growth. It seems that both these symbols could be trying to send you the message that you're in the position where changes can/need to take place. The part about the diet may be that your subconscious wants to shock you into changing by bringing up "death" as a consequence. Just my two cents.

Hello TheBull!

The only thing I can add is just a reminder that dreams typically aren't literally, they're symbolic and dependent on the dreamer. The way I like to think about it is our subconscious is attempting to communicate with us and to do so, it attempts to configure the way the message is presented specific to each individual. The same dream between two people can have two completely different meanings due to the symbolism we apply to objects, places, or figures. Teeth to me might mean my ability to survive, while to someone else can merely mean an article of beauty; hence how the dream's meaning can be completely different to each person.

Of course, this is just a theory. :P

Regarding your friend, I have found myself in very similar situations as you described; agreeing to something without really considering the implications at the exact moment. I found that this stemmed from me having a hard time asserting myself with my old friends. I had long ago realized that we had certainly choose different paths, but I wanted to believe that we could still remain on good terms... If nothing other then merely catching up every now and again. After all, they were my friends, I couldn't just drop them all of sudden.

Well... This was a huge lesson for me. In continuously investing myself in keeping them around, I somewhat 'embodied' the person I use to be around them, and this came with the obvious consequence of sacrificing my authentic self. I found myself agreeing, and at times doing stuff that much later left me wondering, what the heck? And why? And sure, at first glance it seem liked I was succumbing to peer pressure, and I needed some work on developing my values; I myself considered this to be true, yet it was more then that. They were part of a very specific stage in my life that I had given up, and the lesson was that I had to give them up too. They were, sadly, bad company, and being associated with them meant being associated in what they did.

I really wanted to hold on to them as friends, while also giving up that part of my life that they were apart of; I wanted to have my cake and to eat it too! Obviously, I couldn't..

Not that I will not speak to the at all - if the wish me happy holidays, I remit the message back, but for the most part, I keep my distance. In doing so, I assert the choice I made, as well as protect myself.

Hope this helps :)

I often had dreams with tooth loss. And they came true pretty quickly. Most often they meant illness. In dream books, dreams where a tooth has fallen out are interpreted as illness, loss, problems, troubles.
2 years ago in August, I had a dream in which 2 teeth fell out at once: one with a large root, the second without a root. Both were without blood. Literally 1-2 days later , two events occurred:
1. The father-in-law suddenly fell ill. His temperature rose, he was urgently brought to the doctor, given an antibiotic, X-rayed, and sent to the hospital. I felt that everything would be fine. And indeed, the temperature immediately subsided, hospitalization was not needed, it was a cold.
2. I lost a beloved friend with whom I had been friends for more than 20 years. She's fine, she's healthy. But we had a little discussion about the events that raged in our country in August 2020 (the color revolution in Belarus). It turned out that we have absolutely opposite views and assessment of these events. We didn't fight, but I realized that we wouldn't be able to communicate anymore as before. Because we ended up in opposite camps. Now I see that even after 2 years she has not changed her opinion about the causes of the revolution, about the leaders of the opposition, wants to leave the country where the dictator rules and has been vaccinated against covid too.
I don't know which one of them was which tooth. But both events coincided.

Back
Top Bottom