Dream Democracy

J

jaye

For those of you who like to do dream work, I'd like to share a psychnique called Integrative Dream Narration (IDN) which can be found at:

http://dreamdemocracy.blogspot.com/

IDN creates a sense of shared consciousness and heightens psi ability. I've had people in IDN workshops claim they've had no psi experiences and then clearly show to other participants that they in fact do. It was like they just needed to unlearn some prohibition and give themselves permission to access it.

I've been participating in a variation of this. When a friend tells me a dream where I am present I replay their description from the perspective of myself in that person's dream. This opens up the dream in a new way and when I play it out, it is as if it's my dream. Then I let the flow of events in the dream include me where I interact freely with that flow.

I describe the outcome and realizations to my friend and my freind ends up remembering more of the dream, as if being able to look behind hidden corners. Then my friend replays the dream with my version inserted and tells me about it in another discussion. After a bit of this give and take, we can hold a conversation where the dream is front and center in our consciousness and we can explore as we discuss, sometimes going beyond the dream theme into a whole new landscape.

It's incredible how vivid this can be, even when your making a long distance phone call! In this case, however, the frame of reference was one person's dream. So I think this can be also done from that perspective, especially with people close to you who happen to dream about you.

Hey that's cool. I wouldn't mind participating in an informal group to test such, but saddly most of the people I know have so much trouble remembering their dreams ...

jaye said:
IDN creates a sense of shared consciousness and heightens psi ability. I've had people in IDN workshops claim they've had no psi experiences and then clearly show to other participants that they in fact do. It was like they just needed to unlearn some prohibition and give themselves permission to access it.
So you think this could be done in the context of a forum. That is, have a few people described their dreams on one thread and then combine them? There's already a "Dream" topic here.

How this is done, is that whoever wants to participate will send their dreams to the Integrative Dream Narrator. (Try not to tack on an interpretation to the dream you send) -a story is then created out of the dreams and then posted. Once this happens we introduce various things into the dream forum-such as imagining George Bush walking into the dreamscape and watching how he behaves. This is where it gets interesting in that psi ability-through the group consciousness created is enhanced-even more interesting is that all participants are contributing to the heightened perception-hence a Dream Democracy

If you have trouble remembering your dreams-a dream fragment will suffice. Or even somethng you day dreamed.

Oh my, that would be interesting to carry out such experiment. I think that some forum members would like to participate.

why don't we just try to do it here? we already go a thread going ... I have a dream fragment that would be perfect for such an experiment since it isn't part of an ongoing dream saga, and it wasn't one of my super long ten hour highly detailed kind either ...

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm in a small castle in the middle of a battle. The castle is under siege from the soldiers of an evil magician. The battle has been going of for quite some time when the dream started. A friend of mine and me are up in the upper levels of the castle trying to fight our way to the lower levels where the last of the other survivors are surrounded and we need to help them ... I'm not sure why we were up in the higher balconies, but I had this sence that we had been sent by our wizard (who looked considerably liked gandalf - lol) to recover something before it could be snatched up by the dark forces, I don't know what it was, or even if we had recovered it ...
Anyway, we fight our way down to the survivors and after a prolonged battle we manage to defeat the dark forces that had infiltrated the palace. There were more outside of course, but the castle was kept. We went around and collected the weapons and artifacts that were used by our fallen allies as well as those that had been used by the soldiers of the magician. On this table in the great hall we laid out those weapons and artifacts that had magical properties. There were perhaps eight of us left, and we were standing around debating how to get ourselves and these artifacts out of the castle, not to mention simply examining these things. Everything was highly exotic looking, even the weapons ... unlike the standard fare weaponry that we had been using these weapons were simply incredible - there was a landscape scene on a silver scabard of a "scimtar" that held my interest for awhile. It wasn't exactly is scimtar, but it's the closest style of sword to describe it. The other thing that caught my interest was a wand. It was the only thing I picked up, and I didn't know it was a wand until I picked it up, but when I touched it I knew what it was, and what it did, and a little bit about how it worked. It was a hollow silver tube with stylized holes that were mostly crescent shaped, and there was a folded silver plate that had really abstract engravings (kind of like the patterns seen in some types of tattoos) on it inside the tube - it was those engravings that caused me to pick it up in the first place - I couldn't really see them well through the holes in the tube. As it turns out the plate on the inside was a clip of sorts that fuled the wand and there was a powdery substance that was in between the folded part of the plate - I don't know how it stayed there - shruggs. I knew though that it was almost empty. Backing up a bit, when I first picked it up as I was getting the information about the wand, the wizard asked me if I thought I could protect the artifact, to which I simply said "I don't know" I was in a state of mild confussion still getting the info from the wand. Before I could form a more complete response or even a more complete thought in my head for that matter a portal of sorts opened up in front of stained glass window that was above the door to the great hall and a web of energy exploded out of it and surrounded the wizard, and I could see the face of the evil magician in the energy field. To say the least I attempted to use the wand to protect our wizard from being kidnapped by this evil mage, so a bit of psychic battle was going on ... and I only had a mostly empty wand to rely on. Just as I'm about to break the dark mages hold, the previous king of the castle (who had been corrupted by the dark mage) came crashing through the door, the only bit of his human appearance that remained was his face ... his body had become huge and distorted, rather like a dinosaurs, and that distraction was enough for me to lose enough concentration, and thereby lose our wizard to the hands of the dark mage and the wand was now empty ... that's were I woke up ...

It is very important that no one else knows who dreamed the dream that is offered to the forum-so it shouldn't be posted but rather sent to the narrator. Ideally all dreams should be sent to a third party who then cuts and pastes the dreams into a single e-mail and sends it to the narrator who then cannot tell who dreamed what. This anonymity contributes to the creation of shared consciousness and psi. Read the article I linked in the first post and the instructions at the end. Second best is to send the narrator your dream and when enough dreams are sent-a narration is created which is then posted for all to read.

Ah then so this is not a spontaneous merger of dream scenarios, where each dreamer incorporates elements of each other dreamer. I can understand moderating the process, but having an outside party pasting a common dream for everyone seems like focusing what could be a group dynamic onto a single uninvolved individual. I understand the anonymity, but in this case we ARE essentially anonymous to each other.

If I read the dreams of all participants I can resonate with portions of them. Others can resonate with other portions, and in the end, I would think the common synthesized dream would be obvious because everyone would participate at some part of someone else's dream. It may sound a bit confusing, but I would think there is more creative spontanaety without introducing third parties that have no connection with the symbol array of the dreamers. I think through spontaneous dream participation, a unified dream story can emerge.

And participants would be exercising psychic potential at the onset. This may not be what was originally suggested, but for me at least it seems more resonant with the free will of the group.

it would work either way actually and I only suggested it based on my experiences doing workshops with Dream Democracy (in real time) where the anonymity, as long as it can be maintained, seems to enhance the effect of creating group consciousness-since we all tend to 'own' our dreams-tack on interpretations-once they filter through our egos. I first tried Dream Democracy on-line on an deep ecology list and just had people post their dreams on the list and wove them together that way and posted the story. it did generate some humorous responses. Then I received feedback from others who suggested to send the dreams to a moderator so no one else could see the dreams until after the narration was finished. It really reveals much about the narrator how she/he chooses to weave the dreams together-what they include/exclude-what was the central motif of the dreamscape created, etc.

when I first heard the dream I offered being woven into a story by someone else who chose to narrate-I felt this sense of surrender-i.e. not wanting to control the group-and I felt my heart open up. It made me realize just how guarded I was in groups....and controlling.

So whoever is interested-let me know which method you prefer: posting the dreams and having me weave them together or having the dreams sent to me-and when I receive a sufficient number of them-create a story and post that first-then the original dreams afterwards.

In a way I kinda would like to do it here ... the only problem I see is not so much keeping the identity of who dreampt what, rather in the possibilty of people comparing what the dreampt in comparison what what is already posted ... but if people can just post without comparing we can see the who experiment from the inside out, which would be of its own value in my opinion ...

Back
Top Bottom