Drunk 4 Year Old Steals Christmas Presents from Neighbor's House

Brenda86

Jedi Master
I tried to find an article related to the story I just saw on the news, but it's not posted yet. I will keep looking to see if I can let you guys see this.

But this is what I just saw on my local news. A four year old - drunk - goes into his neighbor's house and steals four Christmas presents. The child is found later sitting on the curb with a half-empty beer, wearing a girl's dress, which was one of the presents that had been wrapped under the tree.

When the mother was questioned she responded, "He was trying to get in trouble. He wants to get in trouble to go to jail where his daddy is."

Okay. I'm baffled. The anchorwoman did not even comment on this, just said what happened.

THE KID IS FOUR. And he was able to get drunk and leave the house long enough to get into someone's house and steal their Christmas presents? Where was his mother at? HE'S FOUR and she's talking about him like he's more like a teenager.

I don't know. Does anyone else have any comments on this? This is insanity to me.

Hi Brenda, I think you summed it pretty well here:

Brenda86 said:
This is insanity to me.

For me as well, a world gone mad. I honestly don't know how to comment on this case.

It reminded me of an aunt of mine who worked for 20 years in the social services in the island of Madeira. The reason why I am mentioning this is that she worked with kids of highly disfunctional families, from drunk parents who most often are in jail. She got fed up after 20 years, as she said that kids who had been raised from the very beginning in such disturbed environments would have an extremely low percentage of getting a successful life. It was quite disheartening to hear her, but kids who had been raised with no idea of love or any true family bonding would grow without any sense or perspective of such bonding, and with very few perspectives of ever feeling one. Any perspective of a healthy life is not in question for most of them, you, as a social worker could try as hard as you'd wish, some had just gone beyond the stage of any help.

This kid is only four, it wouldn't be too late, I think, if social services would intervene, NOW.

Hi Brenda86

found this when I Googled

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/17/drunk-4-year-old-steals-c_n_395966.html

April Wright had the scare of her life when she awoke in the middle of the night to find her four-year-old son Hayden missing. He was eventually found but not until he had gone on a strange and sad journey that is difficult to believe.

Police say the boy managed to break the child locks on the doors, open a beer he found from his grandfather's cooler, and then slip into his neighbor's house and steal five Christmas presents from underneath their tree. He was found at 1:45am wandering the streets wearing a little girl's brown dress (one of the presents he took) an drinking. He had to be taken to the hospital to be treated for alcohol consumption.

The boy's father is in jail, and his mother says that's why he tries to run away from time to time: "He runs away trying to find his father," she said. "He wants to get in trouble so he can go to jail because that's where his daddy is."

Read more details here and watch the video report below.

A truly awful story.

Sorry,
I think something is wrong with this story. It's not Christmas time, so how come could that child have stolen presents from the neighboor's Christmas tree ?? This is not to say that there are tremendous level of ignorance and suffering in this world (I have witness so much already), but we have to be cautious...

If it's true :cry: Then all I and I can do is praying...

sankara said:
Sorry,
I think something is wrong with this story. It's not Christmas time, so how come could that child have stolen presents from the neighboor's Christmas tree ?? This is not to say that there are tremendous level of ignorance and suffering in this world (I have witness so much already), but we have to be cautious...

If it's true :cry: Then all I and I can do is praying...

Sorry sankara but it is Christmas time and here where i live a lot of people have already place their gifts under the Christmas tree.

Hi Alphonse,
I redacted my intervention while you were sending so I didn't know you had sources. Still, my question remains unexplained.

As to the mother, how difficult it is to raise a child alone in that terrible jungle we are living in...

All my prayers goes to the numerous dads (majority being black skin) who are in jail now, away from there wifes and kids, most of them not being psychopathes or violent criminals. I think about all those child who have their father jailed and how hard it must be...

Meanwhile, the real criminals are killing and maiming in a grand scale... :mad:

Thank you Bohort for this precision.

In France, presents are 'available' either the evening of the 24th or the early morning of the 25th, thus my questionning.

Back
Top Bottom