Eating in 10-hour window can override disease-causing genetic defects, nurture health

Hi_Henry

The Living Force
Just came across this article which fits in with fasting threads which happen to be closed.

Eating in 10-hour window can override disease-causing genetic defects, nurture health
Salk scientists discover that periods of fasting can protect against obesity and diabetes

LA JOLLA—Scientists at the Salk Institute found that mice lacking the biological clocks thought to be necessary for a healthy metabolism could still be protected against obesity and metabolic diseases by having their daily access to food restricted to a 10-hour window.

The work, which appeared in the journal Cell Metabolism on August 30, 2018, suggests that the health problems associated with disruptions to animals’ 24-hour rhythms of activity and rest—which in humans is linked to eating for most of the day or doing shift work—can be corrected by eating all calories within a 10-hour window.

Salk article
Article with similar info

Based on my personal experience I can confirm that intermittent fasting has huge benefits. I've been doing it for over 2 months now and it's really done wonders to my energy levels and overall wellbeing. At the beginning I thought I wasn't going to be able to do it because I am a horrible grazer: I eat all the time and no amount of fat and meat can stop me from munching on something. But after a couple of days I wasn't hungry in the evenings any more despite having the sensation of an empty stomach. My carbs intake decreased too becuase this is what I normally had in the evening: meat and fat takes longer to digest so I avoided it after 7pm. I now have my last meal between 3.30 and 5pm and I don't eat until 7-9am the next day.

Hi_Henry if this topic interests you there are some useful articles on SOTT too:

Intermittent fasting shifts body into fat-burning mode, reduces inflammation -- Sott.net
Intermittent fasting supercharges your brain - and more! -- Sott.net
Intermittent Fasting: This is what happens to your body -- Sott.net
The head to toe benefits of intermittent fasting -- Sott.net
Intermittent fasting and the fight against obesity -- Sott.net

Eating Mistakes That Can Damage Your Kidneys​

Story at a glance:
  • Your kidneys lower your body acid burden. As kidney failure progresses, acid tends to accumulate in your system, causing severe harm
  • A high-acid diet can deteriorate your kidney function and accelerate the progression of kidney disease
  • Any diet high in fruits and vegetables and low or devoid of processed foods and dairy products will be lower in acid
  • Anything that helps improve diabetes will also improve kidney health. This includes fasting or time-restricted eating and exercise
  • High-protein diets can also damage your kidneys, thanks to the ammonia generated. To protect your renal health when eating a high-protein diet, add in more fruits and vegetables to buffer the acid created

Attachments

• low-acid-meal-plan-pdf.pdf
    123.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom