ESP - Beyond Time And Distance

Voyageur

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
ESP – Beyond Time And Distance

T.C. Lethbridge

This book was published in 1965

In the Preface, Lethbridge’s story starts in 1923 aboard a Norwegian sealing ship. The young men, aside from the crew, were from Oxford on their way to explore parts of Greenland. Food became short and the icepack impassable, so they turned around and slowly extricated themselves from the frozen entrapments.

It is at this point that Lethbridge (shortened hereafter to TCL) tells of having to shoot polar bears in order to eat. A stray shot wounds a bear and they take to the ice to end its misery (as is proper), and TCL suddenly falls through the ice – straight down into the “icy death-trap.” Of this happening, TCL described it:

“I do not remember experiencing the slightest fear, but I do recall the indignant surprise.”

Other near drownings had happened, however “not so sudden, nor so cold.” Continuing, which may set the story ahead, TCL makes the comment:

“Now something of a similar nature has happened to me again. From living a normal life in a three dimensional world, I seem to have suddenly fallen through into one where there are more dimensions. The three dimensional life goes on as usual; but one has to adjust one’s thinking to the other. This book is an attempt to describe what appears to be happening.”

Of his life going forward (and if reading some of his other works, he says of the research work, that he was not alone, he and his wife were a team – “her balanced judgement is a great help to me.”

This coupling to the work had always impressed me, and it shows through this book and other books he wrote.

In the Preface, continued and worth mentioning, is that TCL looks to why this is so different from what was conventional dogma:

“Much of what I have to say will seem incredible to those who believe in the apparent completeness of modern study… The only real obstruction appears mental laziness… The dogmas of Victorian science will no longer fit. Many of the better scientists know this. We have to cope with something far beyond the limited approach of exact measurements in three dimensions. It may take a revolution of thought to do this. But it has come.

When people get to the end of this book, if they can be bothered to do so, they will see all that we are finding out now is not really new. The facts were known to many men, in many lands, and through many ages. It is only during the last 100 years or so that they have become obscured. Men of the Stone Age apparently knew more about the real meaning of life than the most erudite professor of science today. If this is not just as great a shock as falling through a hole into the polar sea, then nothing is. For we were brought up and conditioned to believe that science either knew all the answers, or was just about to find them. It seems clear now that a huge slice of knowledge has been left out. If this book does no more than to draw attention to this fact, it will have served its purpose. So now let us get on with it.”

TCL begins to describe being out to catch haddock (hand-lines) when someone remarked about seeing the green ray. TCL said that everyone turned on the boat to look as the sun descending (myths of the power to grant wishes if seen), however TCL said he saw nothing, although one might have – he said the ray has ‘really’ nothing to do with the book, yet in it “we will be trying to investigate phenomena, which might be described as rays and which are just as mysterious. They appear to link science with magic and magic with religion,” says TCL.

Back at Cambridge, TCL goes on to describe an event with a Privet hawk-moth, as it flew in through a window, was scooted out by TCL, and then flew back in, zeroing in on a plate hanging on a wall. The plate was old Korean, it was cracked, bound with copper wire to hold part of it together, and there was a hole in it. The moth, each time coming and going was drawn to the plate and the hole. Why? The investigation starts.

The investigation is well described – measured, and TCL said he had never been keen on studying moths, but the relationship with the plate changed. Now some might never even notice something as potentially silly as where a moth comes and goes through a window. TCL did not. What he began to see was that the was a very simple and primitive electric coil (“the rivet was the soft iron core of the coil and the bound wire ring the coil itself”). This was the attractor – a “minute magnet” and “purely by chance the force exerted by the coil might be just equal to that exerted by a female hawk-moth to attract a male. For, if my inferences from this incident with the plate are correct, this is what happens in nature.”

This is the plate TCL is talking about:

1661149724430.png

This gets much more involved, and it included other species (dog fox, vixen, birds, cats etc.) in individual observations – as diviners perhaps, which brought him to water-divining; sensing. “Good healers are said also to be able to diagnose with no mechanical aids,” which takes TCL into the pendulum and rod as he later uses to map out observation; even the sex of trees, and the sensory of animals - “directional finding apparatus that is not recognized by the normal function of the brain. It appears to be a sixth sense.”

Remember this is 1920’s.

I’ve some paper notes to continue, however in brief, for now, some interesting tests came up that have to do with touch – imprinting. This had to do with things like a written letter and a painting – he and his wife tested this and could determine the sex imprint, however when it came to copies, nothing. As an aside, this made me think of what the C’s discussed as soul imprinting, although in a different way eg. passing along particular energies from the human to matter that could be read at some level like a map.

More later…

ESP – Beyond Time And Distance

T.C. Lethbridge

This book was published in 1965

In the Preface, Lethbridge’s story starts in 1923 aboard a Norwegian sealing ship. The young men, aside from the crew, were from Oxford on their way to explore parts of Greenland. Food became short and the icepack impassable, so they turned around and slowly extricated themselves from the frozen entrapments.

It is at this point that Lethbridge (shortened hereafter to TCL) tells of having to shoot polar bears in order to eat. A stray shot wounds a bear and they take to the ice to end its misery (as is proper), and TCL suddenly falls through the ice – straight down into the “icy death-trap.” Of this happening, TCL described it:

Other near drownings had happened, however “not so sudden, nor so cold.” Continuing, which may set the story ahead, TCL makes the comment:

Of his life going forward (and if reading some of his other works, he says of the research work, that he was not alone, he and his wife were a team – “her balanced judgement is a great help to me.”

This coupling to the work had always impressed me, and it shows through this book and other books he wrote.

In the Preface, continued and worth mentioning, is that TCL looks to why this is so different from what was conventional dogma:

TCL begins to describe being out to catch haddock (hand-lines) when someone remarked about seeing the green ray. TCL said that everyone turned on the boat to look as the sun descending (myths of the power to grant wishes if seen), however TCL said he saw nothing, although one might have – he said the ray has ‘really’ nothing to do with the book, yet in it “we will be trying to investigate phenomena, which might be described as rays and which are just as mysterious. They appear to link science with magic and magic with religion,” says TCL.

Back at Cambridge, TCL goes on to describe an event with a Privet hawk-moth, as it flew in through a window, was scooted out by TCL, and then flew back in, zeroing in on a plate hanging on a wall. The plate was old Korean, it was cracked, bound with copper wire to hold part of it together, and there was a hole in it. The moth, each time coming and going was drawn to the plate and the hole. Why? The investigation starts.

The investigation is well described – measured, and TCL said he had never been keen on studying moths, but the relationship with the plate changed. Now some might never even notice something as potentially silly as where a moth comes and goes through a window. TCL did not. What he began to see was that the was a very simple and primitive electric coil (“the rivet was the soft iron core of the coil and the bound wire ring the coil itself”). This was the attractor – a “minute magnet” and “purely by chance the force exerted by the coil might be just equal to that exerted by a female hawk-moth to attract a male. For, if my inferences from this incident with the plate are correct, this is what happens in nature.”

This is the plate TCL is talking about:

View attachment 62954

This gets much more involved, and it included other species (dog fox, vixen, birds, cats etc.) in individual observations – as diviners perhaps, which brought him to water-divining; sensing. “Good healers are said also to be able to diagnose with no mechanical aids,” which takes TCL into the pendulum and rod as he later uses to map out observation; even the sex of trees, and the sensory of animals - “directional finding apparatus that is not recognized by the normal function of the brain. It appears to be a sixth sense.”

Remember this is 1920’s.

I’ve some paper notes to continue, however in brief, for now, some interesting tests came up that have to do with touch – imprinting. This had to do with things like a written letter and a painting – he and his wife tested this and could determine the sex imprint, however when it came to copies, nothing. As an aside, this made me think of what the C’s discussed as soul imprinting, although in a different way eg. passing along particular energies from the human to matter that could be read at some level like a map.

More later…
Thanks for the writeup. It’s interesting that this was all done in the 1920s before the mass electrification of our world, which many dowsers said was causing health problems for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom