Existential resistance to life: ambivalence, avoidance & control

Miss Isness

Jedi Master
I haven't finished this series of articles yet, but it's been an enlightening read so far. It may be helpful for those trying to get a grip on the workings of their machine.

Here's the introduction:

Journal of Heart Centered Therapies said:
Abstract: We use the term existential embrace of life for being fully alive, and existential resistance to life for any self-sabotage that denies and thwarts that potential. In this article, we survey three specific forms that resistance to life may take: ambivalence, avoidance and control. We correlate this conceptualization to current attachment theory and affect regulation theory principles; we apply this conceptualization earlier in life than others have suggested, to the prenatal and pre-existence realms, as well as later in life to include the dying process; and we indicate some practical applications of this conceptualization in psychotherapy.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FGV/is_1_7/ai_n6170890/pg_1?tag=artBody;col1

I started reading this article and decided to try to find it in a format that could be printed so that I could read it more easily. For anyone who's interested, you can find a pdf version at this address:

_www.heartcenteredtherapies.org/go/docs/Journal%207-1%20Resistance%20to%20Life.pdf

Back
Top Bottom