Facebook censorship is running wild driving me crazy - anyone else?

PopHistorian

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Seeing very clear signs here of the unjust world that will result from being ruled by AI. Two strange cases for me, described below. I know others have received unjust bans, etc., but these cases I suffered are weird.

A few months ago, I received a 6-day partial ban on Facebook for "not following community standards." There was no warning, no fact-check flag, and no explanation (no reference to any particular post) in the notification. The ban was mysteriously lifted after just two days. Then, the next day, I was handcuffed again, without explanation, just notification, for another 6 days. That condition lasted only about 1.5 days and was apparently lifted without notice. Their technology seems to be running wild. The only thing I might be able to trace it to is putting a Like on other people's flagged posts.

Yesterday, I posted a homemade music video and a link to my YTube channel where it also appears. Nothing I hadn't done before. Today, I received notification that my post was removed, calling it spam, claiming that it was misleading, etc., and it showed me a list of community standards that I may have violated (and the grave dangers associated with each), but none fit the situation. This is all being done by machine.

1723432768907.png

Read that first sentence again. The notification wizard, of which this message was a part, gave me the option to request a Review (which they warned might be done by "technology"). It showed me a dialog box asking Why does your post follow our community standards? (not kidding) and gave me a radio-button list of reasons to choose from. Again, none of them fit, but I clicked one and submitted the request.

In less than 30 seconds, I got another notification, below.

1723433331352.png

It seems to me, the FB technology did not find that it made a mistake or it wouldn't have made it in the first place, :lol: It seems that the act of challenging the action was enough to reverse the robotic tribunal's decision.

For sure, I'm now prepared for FB technology to "take action."

So, what do you think? To me, it looks like harassment by design - an excuse to have a chilling effect on a user they don't like (some of my posts get no reactions at all, and I can usually predict when a post won't be shown in others' feeds).

Welcome to the Machine. No human involvement whatsoever. BTW, I suffered similar "harassment" from Google/YouTube last month and it took 30 days to win, because they ran out of time to review and rule on the case. How long before these machines simply decide that they are always right and decisions are final?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom