Failed Trump Assassination Attempt

If I remember correctly, when Trump was either running for President in 2016, or after he became President, he said that he, himself, was not a proponent of abortion, but he did think that women should have the freedom to choose it if they wanted it.

On tonight's Jesse Watters Primetime [@28:05 on rumble], it's reported that in Melania's memoir, she supports a woman's right to chose to have an abortion and that Trump spoke to her about it beforehand and supports her - she can make her own decisions on the topic.

Between the above and what J.D. Vance had to say about abortion during the debate - which has gotten virtually no mention whatsoever - the idea that Trump and Vance are completely against a woman's right to choose isn't the case anymore. Vance brought up the fact that Ohio voters approved a constitutional amendment that ensures access to abortion and other forms of reproductive health care and that he has to respect that:

JD Vance says GOP must work to regain women’s trust on abortion -- Ohio voters made that clear

This should soften the anti-Trump/Vance one-issue voters regarding abortion and Vance may have accomplished that with his debate win.
I note what you say. She would not be alone in taking this line since President Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi, the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, who both claim to be practising Catholics, openly support and advocate a woman's right to choose to have an abortion even though it is clearly against the Church's teaching. Indeed, Nancy Pelosi was excommunicated by her local Catholic bishop for doing so, although she got around the proscription by going to Rome and receiving communion directly from Pope Francis.

I have no wish to enter here into a debate over abortion since it is a controversial subject that has no bearing on the theme of this particular thread. I would just say that Melania like so many Catholics today is probably confused over the Church's teachings since so few Catholics of her generation were taught the faith properly. However, the same would not have been true of her parents' generation so she no doubt grew up in a Catholic environment and something of that still remains with her (what is sometimes called the 'sensus catholicus'). The purpose of my post was really to try and glean why President Trump chose that particular prayer to St Michael to post on his feed since it clearly is not a prayer he would have been familiar with as a Presbyterian. If it was not Melania perhaps someone else amongst his advisors or retinue made him aware of it. Whoever it was may have been aware of the history behind the prayer and may have also had an appreciation of the role which is assigned to St Michael in the end times in both Jewish and Christian tradition. Given that we may now be on the cusp of the Apocalypse (or maybe not), Trump's selection of the prayer seems quite apt.​

Back
Top Bottom