Film about a humanoid crocodile as a friend

It is called "Lyle: My friend the crocodile"

Now I don't know anything further about that film, but I think they try to let us, or our kids, feel normal about sigthings of the reptoides....
They will also say " Don't worry, It's friendly , takes only little bites at a time, produce moderate pain at maximum". If you question it, you are racist, misogynist and even anti-LGBT. If you ask more, they will tell "humans are selfish,destroying plants and animals deserve to be extinguished" or what ever. Who is there to question it?:headbash:

We used to give children cautionary tales with a moral, like Aesop's fables:

The Farmer And The Snake​

A Farmer walked through his field one cold winter morning. On the ground lay a Snake, stiff and frozen with the cold. The Farmer knew how deadly the Snake could be, and yet he picked it up and put it in his bosom to warm it back to life.
The Snake soon revived, and when it had enough strength, bit the man who had been so kind to it.
The bite was deadly and the Farmer felt that he must die. As he drew his last breath, he said to those standing around:
Learn from my fate not to take pity on a scoundrel.
Moral (s) of the Story:
  • Some people’s natures never change no matter how well we treat them.
  • Always be alert and keep a safe distance from those only interested in their own gain.
  • The wicked show no thanks.

Now, we give children stories, which set them up to be prey.

We used to give children cautionary tales with a moral, like Aesop's fables:
That reminds me of the story of the scorpion and the frog, it goes something like this:

There was a scorpion trying to get across a pond, but didn't swim and so it wouldn't dare to get in the water. A few moments later a frog showed up on shore and asked the scorpion what it was doing, the Scorpion replied that it was simply looking to get across the pond, and seeing that the frog was a great swimmer asked the frog to let him ride on her back, that way he'd be able to get across the pond.

The frog refused, saying that if he were to allow the scorpion to climb on his back, the scorpion would eventually sting him and then he'd be dead. The scorpion rebutted by saying that he would never do that, as he would drown himself, and why would he ever hurt someone who's helping him. He promised and promised and they negotiated until the frog agreed to help him.

The scorpion climbed on the back of the frog and they took off across the pond, halfway through the pond the scorpion stung the frog and she started to sink, the scorpion followed right behind. One their way down the frog asked the scorpion why he had done it, now they'd both die, and the scorpion simply replied that he could not go against his nature.

And you're right, there's wisdom in these stories, nowadays you'd be hard pressed to find anything with anything beyond superficial information.

Just saw this one:
View attachment 59967
It is called "Lyle: My friend the crocodile"

Now I don't know anything further about that film, but I think they try to let us, or our kids, feel normal about sigthings of the reptoides....
I was a bit curious about this so I've immediately wondered: whose idea of this?

After checking Google it appears somebody has written books about Lyle The Crocodile:

Bernard Waber - Lyle The Crocodile

So I guess the next question could be: why this man had the idea to write books about a crocodile for children?

Even better who is promoting this movie.

Back to work!!

Back
Top Bottom