Fixations, Complexes or Eating Companions? All of the Above?

Hi Peacemaker,
Can you recollect what you felt during this incident? Like what/how you felt when the lady asked you to accompany her to the shop? What you felt when she told the shopkeeper she was your mother? What you felt as you were waiting in the shop for hours after the lady had left? What you felt when you were finally reunited with your own family?
If you are able to recollect your emotions during the episode, you could get some valuable insight into the whole incident - osit

obyvatel said:
Hi Peacemaker,
Can you recollect what you felt during this incident? Like what/how you felt when the lady asked you to accompany her to the shop? What you felt when she told the shopkeeper she was your mother? What you felt as you were waiting in the shop for hours after the lady had left? What you felt when you were finally reunited with your own family?
If you are able to recollect your emotions during the episode, you could get some valuable insight into the whole incident - osit

I remember the location. The building facade . I also remember having a sense of embarrassment and shame during and after my rescue at Police sack.

I was more of a Bart Simpson growing up. Trouble had a way of finding me or I had a way of finding it. Not sure which was which though.

I vaguely remember my mom's face when she came to get me. I sensed I had wrecked significant emotional distress.

Man, now that I think of it, I gave her a lot of grief.

Sincerely,
Peacemaker

Peacemaker said:
I can see how that is possible but yet, its still a bit much to swallow. Accepting a stranger as your own mother? :/ I amaze me. :)

Thanks for your input everyone. I am in gratitude.

Sincerely,
Peacemaker

I think you may not have gotten the full value from Bobo08's post. When I was a relative newbie, I had similar questions and when I thought I found one of the answers in the " Re: Buffers, Programs and "the Predator's Mind" thread, Bobo08 stepped in to help guide my thinking back on course.

You may also find this post about Obedience to authority interesting.

I highly recommend Laura's Wave series and Gurdjieff's "In Search of the Miraculous", for a more in depth treatment of the issue that you're working with. Gurdjieff's work concerns 'man in his mechanical state' and is the cornerstone here. That's another way of saying that we basically function on automatic, swapping one trance state for another and being so close to dreaming that we can practically hallucinate on command.

This thread could also be a growth marker for you. As you learn more and more, you can return here and see the deeper meanings in the posts and this will help illuminate and confirm what you've learned. You are a person in your own right, embedded within your own context, not a 'case' or 'category' so much of the learning will be self-discovery, but as the C's said: "Learning is Fun! :)

Bud said:
Peacemaker said:
I can see how that is possible but yet, its still a bit much to swallow. Accepting a stranger as your own mother? :/ I amaze me. :)

Thanks for your input everyone. I am in gratitude.

Sincerely,
Peacemaker

I think you may not have gotten the full value from Bobo08's post. When I was a relative newbie, I had similar questions and when I thought I found one of the answers in the " Re: Buffers, Programs and "the Predator's Mind" thread, Bobo08 stepped in to help guide my thinking back on course.

You may also find this post about Obedience to authority interesting.

I highly recommend Laura's Wave series and Gurdjieff's "In Search of the Miraculous", for a more in depth treatment of the issue that you're working with. Gurdjieff's work concerns 'man in his mechanical state' and is the cornerstone here. That's another way of saying that we basically function on automatic, swapping one trance state for another and being so close to dreaming that we can practically hallucinate on command.

This thread could also be a growth marker for you. As you learn more and more, you can return here and see the deeper meanings in the posts and this will help illuminate and confirm what you've learned. You are a person in your own right, embedded within your own context, not a 'case' or 'category' so much of the learning will be self-discovery, but as the C's said: "Learning is Fun! :)

Will check out the listed Posts above.

Thanks Bud.

Sincerely,
Peacemaker

Peacemaker, I really hope that you have gotten a copy of Martha Stout's "The Myth of Sanity." In this book she describes several experiences of some of her clients that are very similar to your own. I think this may be the first step toward healing. And let us know when you have read it!

Laura said:
Peacemaker, I really hope that you have gotten a copy of Martha Stout's "The Myth of Sanity." In this book she describes several experiences of some of her clients that are very similar to your own. I think this may be the first step toward healing. And let us know when you have read it!

Thanks Laura. I'll look it up. :)

Back
Top Bottom