Fluoride / Chlorine water filter with alkalizer

crumdub12

A Disturbance in the Force
A Chairde,

Anyone has experience / advice on buying a Fluoride / Chlorine water filter with alkalizer ??

All advice is appreciated

I use a pur filter. I also have a britta. They are relatively inexpensive. They both seem to work well getting rid of chlorine smell and taste. They claim to get rid of fluoride as well. I don't know about alkalization.

Mr.Anderson said:
I use a pur filter. I also have a britta. They are relatively inexpensive. They both seem to work well getting rid of chlorine smell and taste. They claim to get rid of fluoride as well. I don't know about alkalization.

To my knowledge, Pur and Britta don't get rid of fluoride. I think the only filter that gets rid of fluoride is a reverse osmosis filter (distilling will as well). If I'm wrong on that, though, let me know.

Thanks for the replies

Unfortunately, if you want to remove fluoride, you need to spend a lot of cash !!! , the Brita systems do not perform this function.

I am looking at getting alkalized water, with no impurities .... I have checked out Berkey Filters, and would harvest rainwater as it will not contain Fluoride / Chlorine in them.

I am also looking at undersink water filtration system .... only company I have found that provide all options I require are:

http://www.waterus.com/fluoride.htm

From my research, alkalized water plays a very important part in balancing Ph in the body, and will be looking to get this installed as soon as I have picked the best system I can find.

I am looking at getting alkalized water, with no impurities .... I have checked out Berkey Filters, and would harvest rainwater as it will not contain Fluoride / Chlorine in them.

I think this is your best bet.

The Pur & Brita will remove copper, mercury, cadmium & chlorine but not Fluoride.

Mr.Anderson said:

The Pur & Brita will remove copper, mercury, cadmium & chlorine but not Fluoride.

If the goal is to completely remove fluoride, keep in mind that much of it enters our body when showering/bathing, so an RO filtration system for the whole house works best.

Jerry said:
Mr.Anderson said:

I am currently looking for one too and my best finding so far is the water system Chanson. Does alkaline, very alkaline water, acid water (skin, laundry and general cleaning). Seems to be the best product for your money.

http://www.chansonalkalinewater.com/?a_aid=4d9e2e0ea43c4&gclid=COymn5a53akCFYgRNAodCBsTag

Mod's note: Edited to fix the quotation boxes

I am not so sure about it. Depending on a living place , there will be a lot of worse stuff (heavy elements , radioactive elements ) in rainwater than in ground deep water with fluoride.
But like I said , I am not 100% sure , so if anyone has better data please step up :D

tatanka said:
Jerry said:
Mr.Anderson said:

I am currently looking for one too and my best finding so far is the water system Chanson. Does alkaline, very alkaline water, acid water (skin, laundry and general cleaning). Seems to be the best product for your money.

http://www.chansonalkalinewater.com/?a_aid=4d9e2e0ea43c4&gclid=COymn5a53akCFYgRNAodCBsTag

Mod's note: Edited to fix the quotation boxes

From the link that you gave us, we can read :

It is the ONLY IONIZER Brand that DR Robert O Young And Dr Jonathan E. Dashiff M.D. Prefers.

And from that link _http://www.costpluswater.com/catalog/articles.php?tPath=25 we can read :

The best known authorities in the USA such as Dr. Robert Young (author of The pH Miracle), Dr. Theodore Baroody (author of Alkalize or Die), and Sang Whang (author of Reverse Aging) all recommend and sell Jupiter Science or LIFE water ionizers because they want to give their customers high quality Kangen* or alkaline water ionizers at an honest price. Other well know alkaline authorities that endorse and use Jupiter Science water ionizes include Daniel Reed (author of The Tao of Detox), Harald Tietze (author of Youthing) and Ian Hamilton (author of The Untold Truth...)

So, it is not clear for me yet what is the best product so far. :huh:

FWIW, I posted this in another thread a while back that I think might be relevant here. The system is seems to be mid-range. I had the supplier ship the system from Australia to Denmark.

Thor said:
RyanX said:
Perhaps there is a way to take distilled water add back pure trace minerals and bring it to a mature state using some water technology where one gets the best of both worlds?

I am using a filtering system that might not fully get the best from both worlds but I think it is going in the right direction. I had been using the Grander technology for some time to activate water but also wanted a solution that removed other additives. At the same time I didn’t want the water to be completely devoid of minerals, etc. I found a five stage filtering system that can be found www.wellnessfilter.com.au/HowitWorks/VolcanicMinerals/tabid/81/Default.aspx.

The following information is taken from their website and brochure.

The water is taken from the cold water supply line and filter the water in the following stages:

• Primary sediment filter: removes sediment, dirt, rust, Girdia, Cryptosporidium. Micron rating 5-1 µ
• Primary carbon filter: removes chlorine, chloramines, VOC’s, lead, copper, taste, odour. Micron rating: 1 µ
• Hollow fibre ultra filter: removes > 99.99% e-coli, bacteria, cysts, viruses, colloidal solids. Micron rating: 0.2 µ
• Living water energizer: remineralize the water by using a combination of volcanic minerals. Ionizes the water by using FIR emitting minerals. Activates the water by an activation process that restructures hydrogen bonds, making the water wetter and improving its ability hydrate cells more effectively
• Second carbon polishing filter: removes chlorine, chloramines, VOC’s, lead, copper, taste, odour. Micron rating: N/A

In addition there is an optional Alkaline Booster filter that one can use to raise the pH level of the water by 1.5 to 2.5 points using calcium and magnesium.
According to the site a controlled study has been cone in the US: "The Wellness Filter has shown us that all water is not the same. We have seen significant increases in the growth and health of plants irrigated in Wellness Filter water. The plants are also showing an amazing resistance to fungus - something that is beyond our current understanding." University of Idaho - USA

I have been using the filter with the Alkaline Booster for about a year now and I find it much tastier, wetter, smoother, softer and thirst quenching that regular tap water. I used to find it very difficult to drink more than a couple of mouthfuls of water at a time but now find myself drinking a large half-liter glass several times a day. I live in Copenhagen where the quality of the water is good but it the water is high in calcium. The filter removes some but not all of the calcium. The calcium deposits in the water boiler are now fewer but they have also changed from a white/yellowish color to a white/bluish color.

Water

I was reading this SOTT article:
Pineal Gland and Flouride: The Biggest Cover-Up in Human History

and wanted to ask what our members are doing to filter out
fluoride (and other contaminants) from our water. The article
mentions reverse-osmosis and water distillers.

What I have in mind are automatic water distillers, one
that can be installed between the outside water intake
and that which enters into the home, so that all water
for consumption and use are distilled.

Has anyone found such an appliance?

I have looked at: _http://www.freshwatersystems.com/c-166-water-distillers.aspx
and others but this is not what I am looking for.... I note in this link:

[...]
The Environmental Working Group just released a report on December 20, 2010 that Hexavalent Chromium or Chromium-6 has been found in 31 of 35 U.S. cities. The highest levels were detected in Norman, OK; Honolulu, HI; and Riverside, CA. Awareness of the presence of Chromium-6 was brought to the spotlight through the feature film "Erin Brockovich" starring Julia Roberts.

The best way to remove Chromium-6 from tap water at home is with a reverse osmosis system or a water distiller. There is no legal limit for Chromium-6 in either tap water or bottled water, so ensure your safety by utilizing a water distiller starting as low as $289.00.
[...]

What I have in mind are automatic water distillers, one
that can be installed between the outside water intake
and that which enters into the home, so that all water
for consumption and use are distilled.
The problem with distilled water is that it will leach minerals from your body. Not good for regular consumption.
I built a water ionizer to produce alkaline water. This stuff is great, and I would highly recommend investing in (or building) one of these machines. It's a simple electrolyzer with two plates of stainless steel separated by a winding channel which the water travels through. In the middle of the channel is a filter membrane which separates the flows but allows the ions to pass through.
These units also act as a filter of sorts. The chlorine molecules are attracted to the acidic flow because they are positively charged molecules. If you smell the acidic water it has a strong chlorine odor, while the alkaline water has no odor at all.
I suggest reading the explanation of this process at this site: http://www.ionizers.org/alkaline-water.html
Among the questions frequently asked there is the following:
Q: Does it remove fluoride?
A: Fluoride is an acid molecule and the majority of it passes out in the acid stream. I am in possession of a test on a similar system from Sequoia Labs USA showing full removal. Fluoride is a sneaky molecule that can join with other molecules in the water, and so we can't promise total effectiveness.

Here is a picture of the unit I built

single1r.jpg

http://doultonusa.com/HTML%20pages/cp200sc_plus.htm

I use the fluoride version of the filter above for the sink, and a different for the shower. Don't have the link at the moment tho. Live in a apartment so can't use a whole house system...

I wanted to add:

1. The commercial automatic water filter/distiller system
has to keep the water pressure constant, otherwise
water will not flow well throughout the indoor plumbing
system.

2. I wanted a distiller since it may be cheaper than to
constantly replace filters which are very expensive.

3. Perhaps the "desktop" or "floor" filter/distiller models
are the only systems available since "whole house" water
filter/distiller systems are simply not available?

@AJ:

1. Please forgive my ignorance, but can distilled water be ionized?
Or rather, can distilled water be augmented (Ph) in order to be safely consumed?

2. Since your unit has a disclaimer on Fluoride, it seems crucial that fluoride be removed completely?
The "C"s recommended vitamins/supplements & distilled water for a person who had a
certain aliment. It was inferred(?) that tap water might defeat the "cure".

@thinker:

1. Thanks for the link.

edit: correction

Back
Top Bottom