'Found My Fitness' Genotyped data

kiret

Padawan Learner
Hello all,

I have just run my 23andMe genetic raw data through Dr Rhonda Patrick's online tool for identifying which of my genetic polymorphisms could have an affect on my health.

I will only mention a few of the noteworthy traits that my genes could have some influence on.
  • Slight increased risk for type 2 diabetes in association with saturated and polyunsaturated fat consumption
  • Slight increased risk of elevated blood pressure and impaired glucose metabolism in response to a high saturated fat diet
  • Possible increased risk for obesity and type-2 diabetes
  • 2-fold increased risk for blood cancer
  • Genetic risk for vitamin D deficiency
  • 1.3-fold increased obesity risk and decreased thermogenesis
  • 2.76-fold increased risk for obesity particularly with saturated fat
  • 75% reduction in colon cancer risk, risk of choline deficiency
  • Less mental decline with aging
  • Increased cardiorespiratory fitness
  • Preference for salty over sweet foods
  • Reduced resting metabolic rate
  • Slight increased risk for obesity, high-protein diet suitability
  • Lower vitamin b12 levels
  • A slight increased risk of crohn's disease associated with impaired vitamin c transport
  • Slower caffeine metabolism
  • Associated with lower vitamin b12 levels and susceptibility to norovirus infection
Apologies for the long shopping list format. Maybe someone could share their experience with the analysis tool and whether or not it was useful or insightful.

I am really surprised how saturated fat appears to be less of a necessity in my diet according to the report. I have tried to adopt a low-carb diet for the past 3 or so years, due to: my very dry, wounding skin condition that has always affected both my knees/lower legs, joint stiffness in hip, neck and knees, brain fog/daydreaming, irregular bowel movement and a history of gastrointestinal irritation. I found that eliminating a lot of crap I was eating obviously made a great improvement, sticking to only meats, fish, eggs, animal-derived fat, fruit, vegeables, and nuts.

It would be interesting to know whether anybody else has had their report run or is looking into doing so. The report references case studies for each potential genotype variant influence on different biological mechanisms which is quite handy.

Back
Top Bottom