Freaked out by spinning sensation!

Carlybee

Padawan Learner
Since I was 19, on random occasions particularly when I've been feeling down or undecided about things, when I lay down to meditate I occasionally get a strange energy sensation in my body and begin spinning, usually clockwise. It's a difficult sensation to describe but it's kinda like being really drunk laying down and the room is spinning but instead I feel like I am literally spinning and can't feel my body apart from the weird buzzy energy feeling. Anyway, usually I ride it out and can find it quite funny to experience sometimes, but today I had some deep seated kinesiology done on me which unexpectedly made me cry for no reason and the kinesiologist told me that my body may need to do some readjusting but said it would only be for about 10 mins after the session. I also did the beathing meditation this afternoon, and felt fine. Then about 20 mins ago I'm here typing this in bed a bit freaked because as soon as I turned out the lights I began to feel a bit weird then the spinning came over me so fast and strong it really freaked me out I had to turn on the light and focus hard to stop it. Can someone help me understand what is happening to me? It's kinda scary when it's so full on like that, I'm ok to ride it out, as long as I know it's ok to go with it but I have no idea about it and would really appreciate some help with understanding what it is all about. I've heard of people in the forum physically spinning to achieve certain things and that sounds interesting but I'd rather spin myself not have the sensation spin me lol! :(

Possibles: a) blood sugar drop or b) benign positional vertigo. Do some research on both to see if one or both might fit.

Thanks for your suggestions Laura. Yes I have checked those options out, I don't have hypoglycemia or diabetes ( my husband has server hypoglycemia so I pretty much know the symptoms of that one). The benign postural vertigo seems to happen in people when they move their head suddenly like rolling over in bed, get up too fast or other movements. Mine seems to stop when I sit up quick and start when I'm just laying still. It really does feel like I'm taking off somewhere lol, that's why I sit up quick to ground myself.

Strange... I also feel something along these lines from time to time.
Never thought much about it, since is kinda sporadic.

Yes me too I have it when lying down. It doesn't happen very often but when it does it can last up to 5 min. If I close my eyes everything is perfectly normal but the second I open them the house is spinning ..... so in the end I figured it was the house not me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carlybee said:
Thanks for your suggestions Laura. Yes I have checked those options out, I don't have hypoglycemia or diabetes ( my husband has server hypoglycemia so I pretty much know the symptoms of that one). The benign postural vertigo seems to happen in people when they move their head suddenly like rolling over in bed, get up too fast or other movements. Mine seems to stop when I sit up quick and start when I'm just laying still. It really does feel like I'm taking off somewhere lol, that's why I sit up quick to ground myself.

Don't discard the vertigo option so quickly. You just described how it happened with me, quite often. It didn't require any gross movements to set it off. It would manifest when I was lying down, stop when I was standing. And it would definitely get going if I was just lying still, too!

Just to be sure, go to a doctor who knows how to test for this and perform the corrective maneuver. I did and I'm glad!

I'll go see a doc that knows how to test for benign positional vertigo or similar and rule it out, good idea I agree.

What you described Laura is pretty much exactly how it happens to me so it's good to know you understand the sensation too as I was having difficulty explaining it to others so thankyou.

Carlybee said:
I'll go see a doc that knows how to test for benign positional vertigo or similar and rule it out, good idea I agree.

It won't hurt and if that is not the answer, then we go to plan B.

Carlybee said:
What you described Laura is pretty much exactly how it happens to me so it's good to know you understand the sensation too as I was having difficulty explaining it to others so thankyou.

It was a pretty horrible feeling and it sure got worse after awhile. It got to the point that whenever my head was in the horizontal position, I was spinning like mad and it was sickening. After a certain number of "attacks," one day I bent over to start unloading the dishwasher and it hit me... needless to say, I grabbed the slide out rack to steady myself and went spinning across the floor with all the dishes following me.

Laura said:
It was a pretty horrible feeling and it sure got worse after awhile. It got to the point that whenever my head was in the horizontal position, I was spinning like mad and it was sickening. After a certain number of "attacks," one day I bent over to start unloading the dishwasher and it hit me... needless to say, I grabbed the slide out rack to steady myself and went spinning across the floor with all the dishes following me.

Oh no you poor thing! lol Some dishwashers are evil! Hahaha. Well, its not that bad, yet, just random moments so hopefully I can find a doctor that knows what the heck Im talking about...not that I think doctors know everything anyway lol. I'll keep you posted, ta Laura :)

Back
Top Bottom