Fried Green Tomatoes

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Fried Green Tomatoes

Select some good and firm green tomatoes from your garden. (I've never seen a green tomato in a supermarket, so I don't know where else you will get them!) You will want them at the stage where they are fully developed, but still a day or two away from starting to redden. Wash them and core out the stem. Slice them about 1/2 inch thick. Put the tomato slices in a dish and cover with salted rice milk to get them good and wet so the flour will stick. Prepare a bowl of buckwheat flour, salt and pepper to coat them with. Heat some grape seed oil (about an inch deep) in a frying pan. Dredge the tomatoes in the flour mic until well coated and drop in the hot fat and fry them quickly until golden brown. Drain them when you take them out, and lay them flat on a platter on top of paper towels. Serve hot. And yes, they are worth naming a movie after!

Laura said:
Fried Green Tomatoes

Select some good and firm green tomatoes from your garden. (I've never seen a green tomato in a supermarket, so I don't know where else you will get them!) You will want them at the stage where they are fully developed, but still a day or two away from starting to redden. Wash them and core out the stem. Slice them about 1/2 inch or 2 cm thick. Put the tomato slices in a dish and cover with salted rice milk to get them good and wet so the flour will stick. Prepare a bowl of buckwheat flour, salt and pepper to coat them with. Heat some grape seed oil (about an inch deep) in a frying pan. Dredge the tomatoes in the flour mic until well coated and drop in the hot fat and fry them quickly until golden brown. Drain them when you take them out, and lay them flat on a platter on top of paper towels. Serve hot. And yes, they are worth naming a movie after!

Oh my. That FGT movie was interesting but a bit gross, when they
served "meat" to the cop (The best dang steak, I've ever `ad!". I
think I'll wait for the stomach tremors settle down before trying
out this recipe! :)

dant said:
Oh my. That FGT movie was interesting but a bit gross, when they
served "meat" to the cop (The best dang steak, I've ever `ad!". I
think I'll wait for the stomach tremors settle down before trying
out this recipe! :)

Actually, it was barbecue... ;)

And make no mistake, fried green tomatoes are yummy!!!

Back
Top Bottom