Furry antennas

maiko

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Who could resist the chance to tell an episode out of the life with a 2D friend? I can’t.
Shortly after moving to the countryside my husband and I knew a cat would one day move in with us. Without great discussions we both have dear memories of cats accompanying our childhood days. We careful started to listen when people talked about some badass farm cats and their kittens and agreed on trusting that sometimes things happen at their own time. Instead of some furry roughneck from our equestrian farm it was a very poised little grey British Shorthair kitten from my uncle’s farm. We went there for a visit without knowing about the kittens and never stood a chance – kitty moved in.

It is now us two humans and the cat (the dog discussion is still ongoing). The cat comes and goes as she likes. Although being very independent and not that much into cuddles, she keeps a close watch on us. When not starring with amber eyes into spheres we don’t share.

How close a watch she keeps became apparent a couple of months ago. One night I woke up from a bad dream with a suffocating atmosphere. I can’t remember what the dream was about just that I was suddenly totally awake and my heart was beating like crazy and I was feeling too hot and like there was something moving in the shadows of the corner. I was totally awake and while lying totally still, concentrating on trying to get a grip on the moment and could hear then sound of a soft bounce and moments later the cat came into the bedroom, purposefully moving over to my side of the bed and jumped up to lie next to my solar plexus. She normally doesn’t come that close but that night she stood in place, purring loudly until I fell back to sleep. It wasn’t until the next morning when I woke up, that she left my side.
During the night my husband never woke up but the cat while being in another room somehow noticed something was wrong for me. I knew before that night that she wouldn’t leave me alone over night when my husband is away, she normally stays in the same room with me when I ‘m alone. But she never before came so close and it was all so purposeful when compared to her normally displayed indifference.

Pets should be allowed to stay animals without humans projecting their feelings and assumptions on them but we should never underestimate what connections we establish with the furry friends. I am always amazed when listening to those stories.

With that in mind: Take care and feed them well and appropriate.

Attachments

• 20170122_115138_resized.jpg
    20170122_115138_resized.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 65
That's a lovely story maiko and a beautiful picture of your cat.

I have fond memories of my cat. She was 18 years old when we had to put her to sleep two years ago. She had a stroke and it was cruel to let her suffer. Kitty was also aloof and didn't really like cuddles. But she used to get really distressed when I became upset and sometimes when I would cry she would come up to me and meow or make sympathetic noises like a mother cat towards her kittens. Quite sweet. :)

Lorraine xxx

Thanks for sharing your cat stories. I have an eighteen year old cat who loves to sit close by. She has never like to be picked up and controlled by holding, but loves to come to me on her own. She has lost weight but is still interested in life and eating in a little old ladyish kind of way. She lives in the library/office and kitchen section of the house.

Last year I adopted three cute kittens who are now a year and a half--they live in the rest of the house and will sleep with me, and cuddle up with me in a chair whenever I am stationary. They are very physically affectionate and a lot of fun--really good company. They get along well with my dog who basically ignores them and thinks it is beneath his dignity when they try to engage him in play.
What a comfort are 2D companions are :)

Back
Top Bottom