Geometry in Nature (hyperdimensional physics?)

Azur

The Living Force
A while ago, Ark posted an "assignment" to casschat regarding Richard Hoagland's website regarding Hyperdimensional geometry. There were some images that involved geometrical shapes being seen in the eye of storms and so on.

I spotted this today and it reminded me of all that:

http://www.nature.com/news/2006/060515/full/060515-17.html

Seems the effect can be recreated using a bucket and water.

Very interesting. Notice this part:
These natural structures have never been fully explained. Could they be produced by the effect observed by the Danish team? "I expect that similar conditions might apply in these atmospheric flows," says Bohr. But he admits that at this stage he doesn't understand the pattern-forming process well enough to be sure of the comparison.
One possibility is that it is a nonlinear mechanical effect of fluid dynamics. It would be interesting to repeat these experiments with different kinds of water and other fluids. Another possibility is that we deal with some kind of amplifier, that amplifies the fundamental structure of space or gravity itself, water bying just a part of the amplifier. There are other possibilities as well. Thanks for bringing this article to our attention.

ark said:
One possibility is that it is a nonlinear mechanical effect of fluid dynamics. It would be interesting to repeat these experiments with different kinds of water and other fluids. Another possibility is that we deal with some kind of amplifier, that amplifies the fundamental structure of space or gravity itself, water bying just a part of the amplifier. There are other possibilities as well. Thanks for bringing this article to our attention.
As a non-linear effect one could think of the creation of some sort of a standing wave. Yet, if it would amplify a fundamental structure of say gravity, how to explain that the shape evolved from ellipse to a three sided star, to a square, a pentagon and than a hexagon as the rate of spinning increased from one to seven revolutions per second? Could it be expected that at still higher velocities the hexagon will further evolve towards a perfect circle?

Of course I remember our passed discussion on the "eye" of a huricane for which the appearance of a pentagon ( heptagon before edit) was said by Richard Hoagland to be proof of a hyperdimensional influence.

I still see these structures as the outcome of establishing an equilibrium, in this particular case between the centrifugal force on the one hand and the force of gravity on the pushed aside water column on the other hand. The first one pushes the water to the outer rim and should result in a perfect circle, because that would be the lowest energy (a circle results in the highest surface for a given circumference). And this it does as long as the bottom is still covered with a layer of water. The second force however wants to fill the inner dry gap and thus it will try to force the shape to adopt as much circumference for a given surface. A higher ratio of circumference/surface, results in more water at a lower potential energy. At first such results in an ellipse and than, as the centrifugal force increases it becomes a three sided star, and than a square, a pentagon, a hexagon ...
Consider the end of a cigarette. Because the tobacco contained within the paper is pushing outwards against the paper, the latter adopts a (theoretically :cool: ) perfectly circular shape. If you hold an entire bunch of cigarettes in your hands, looking at all those perfectly round circles, something remarkable happens if you squeeze them together. Each perfectly round circle adopts the shape of a hexagon. Although for a given separate cigarette the outward pressure of the tobacco against the paper is still present, there is now also a pressure from outside against the paper that has a tendency to increase the ratio circumference/surface, just like the water column in the experiment.

Additonal edit:
There is also a blogspot dedicated to comment on this phenomenon. http://blogs.nature.com/news/blog/2006/05/geometric_whirlpools_revealed.html

Charles said:
ark said:
As a non-linear effect one could think of the creation of some sort of a standing wave. Yet, if it would amplify a fundamental structure of say gravity, how to explain that the shape evolved from ellipse to a three sided star, to a square, a pentagon and than a hexagon as the rate of spinning increased from one to seven revolutions per second? Could it be expected that at still higher velocities the hexagon will further evolve towards a perfect circle?
Probably you are right, but I do not have enough data to draw a conclusion. We are told about the shapes, but not about their orientation. Is the orientation random? Or are these structures oriented always the same way (or almost the same way) with respect to the Earth axis, Sun, stars?

Of course it is always good to seek simple explanations at first and go further only when the simple explanations fail. Structure formation in nonlinear media can be modelled on computers. On the other hand some nonlinear and irreversible effects seem to be amplifiers of "strange forces":

... Some celestial objects indeed caused reliable, repeatedly confirmed beam (of a torsion balnace) deflections... The experiments showed that living matter is markedly affected at a distance not only by such an intense process as liquid notrogen evaporation, but also by snow thawing .... The above experimental material leads to the following conclusions. Irreversible processes change the properties of the ambient matter by action at a distance. Living omatter is especially sensitive to these processes. [...] Along with the effect of action preservation, acurious phenomenon is revealed at the action starting as well. Already in the torsion-balance experiments it was repeatedly noticed that, at optimum experimental conditions, a small deflection of the system readings, directed oppositely to the expected effect, appeared prior to the action. We called this phenomenon 'a tail'. It was a sign that we used to select the real effects in the astronomical experiment: noise do not produce such a 'tail'. ... .

From: A.P. Levich, "A substantial interpretation of N.A. Kozyrev's conception of time"

ark said:
...Already in the torsion-balance experiments it was repeatedly noticed that, at optimum experimental conditions, a small deflection of the system readings, directed oppositely to the expected effect, appeared prior to the action. We called this phenomenon 'a tail'. It was a sign that we used to select the real effects in the astronomical experiment: noise do not produce such a 'tail'. ... .

From: A.P. Levich, "A substantial interpretation of N.A. Kozyrev's conception of time"
Hi Ark,

This 'tail' phenomenon is interesting and reminded me of the thread "Can This Black Box See Into the Future?"
(http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1583) where we seem to have something happening prior to some significant event. Obviously in the case of the box that spits out either '0' or '1' the deflection in the readings would have to be changes in the probabilities for each state, which does seem to occur.

I am not sure if I am on the right track with this, but it did seem very synchronistic.

Dominique.

ark said:
Probably you are right, but I do not have enough data to draw a conclusion. We are told about the shapes, but not about their orientation. Is the orientation random? Or are these structures oriented always the same way (or almost the same way) with respect to the Earth axis, Sun, stars?
I don't know Ark. The way, I have understood the experiment, the orientation of the shapes appearing on the bottom of the spinning bucket is not random. It is perpendicular to the axis of spinning, and I thought that it spins at the same speed as the water itself is spinning. I can be wrong here, but I "understood" those pictures were made either with the help of a stroboscope, or with a very short exposure time, or with a camera that spun at the same speed as the water (bucket). Much like the pentagon shaped cloud in the hurricane's eye. That too was turning, I think. Please correct me if I am mistaken here! Anybody. So I think it has nothing to do with the rotation of the earth around its axis, around the sun, or of any other planets whatsoever. It only results from the fact that the water spins, which is relative to the mass of the universe. It is possible that there could be a minor theoretical influence of the spinning of the earth (think pendulum of Foucault), but that would be entirely negligible, and fall far below the signal noise level, because we are looking at the effect of the rotation of at least once per second compared to once every 86.400 seconds.

What's interesting in this experiment is that it demonstrates nicely how external factors can destabilise a certain macroscopic state to suddenly shift to another state. Only a minor increase in revolutions results in the sudden change from a tree-pointed star to a square for instance. It demonstrates the illusion of reductionism. Although the entire shape is made up of all these separate water molecules that are forming clusters, and having hydrogen bonds and ionic bonds that break and reform, they have little say in this. It is not the water molecules as such that will determine the final shape at the dry bottom of the spinning bucket. The force of gravity and the centrifugal force that the separate water molecules experience is completely negligible when compared to the chemical bonds just mentioned. In other words, it is not the water molecules that will suddenly rearrange themselves in relation towards each other that will magically create the shapes at the bottom of the bucket. There is no bottom up organisation here in contrast to the growth of say a crystal where the macroscopic shape of the crystal does reflect the ionic or molecular arrangement at an atomic level.

One can only learn about that meta-level when looking at that meta-level, which in this case is about a mass, of a fluid (water), that is contained in a bucket, that is attracted due to the gravitation of the earth, and that is spinning relative to the universe. Only in this context I have extracted a relation to a part of the article you have cited (A.P. Levich, "A substantial interpretation of N.A. Kozyrev's conception of time"), where a plea is made to consider different "time measurements", such as "detlaf" as the time unit for embryological development instead of the "second" as the time unit for "physical" time. I have to say that it has cost me some energy to plough through the "academic" baroque style of part of the article and I haven't finished it yet. Of course that could be me as well, as I am not trained to use their jargon.

The spinning bucket shows how minor changes of the parameters that determine a system on a meta-level can cause sudden changes within that system but only on that meta-level. The transition (theoretically :cool: ) is sudden, instantaneous. It is as if all water-molecules are informed instantaneously (faster than light???) to change the state of the water column from one state to the next. In this case, there is no influence of the lower level watermolecules up into the meta-level (the water column), nor is there an influence from the sudden change at the meta-level (spinning water column) that would reflect back at the lower level. If it would always be like that, it would make things much easier of course, and than it would be evident to use different units of "time measurement", each for a different level. Alas, alas, its not always like that. There's plenty of examples how small changes at a lower level of organisation have profound effects at the meta-level and vice versa. Going back to the spinning water column, the shape of the central air column will determine the temperature change of the watermolecules in case the temperature of the water was substantially different as the one of the surrounding air (due to a change of contact surface). But there's plenty of other examples of course which demonstrate influence from higher to lower and vice versa with much more dramatic effects. And in light of those "catastrophies", the arbitrary use of different "time measurements", each for its own level, is not going to be of much help I think.

One thing I do know is that my subjective experience of time, or my personal experience of the processes of life can change dramatically, as that one time when I crashed my car and had to see the asphalt pass by my (drivers window), with sparks, the shrieking of metal and all, as my car kept sliding on its side for maybe 30 meters. The compression of time started just before the accident happened, but once I was in it, it seemed to go on for ages. Hey, relax people! Noone got hurt :). I only had to dust my cloths from the shattered polish.

Charles said:
One can only learn about that meta-level when looking at that meta-level, which in this case is about a mass, of a fluid (water), that is contained in a bucket, that is attracted due to the gravitation of the earth, and that is spinning relative to the universe. Only in this context I have extracted a relation to a part of the article you have cited (A.P. Levich, "A substantial interpretation of N.A. Kozyrev's conception of time"), where a plea is made to consider different "time measurements", such as "detlaf" as the time unit for embryological development instead of the "second" as the time unit for "physical" time. I have to say that it has cost me some energy to plough through the "academic" baroque style of part of the article and I haven't finished it yet. Of course that could be me as well, as I am not trained to use their jargon.
Interesting coincidence, because yesterday and today I was writing on the Polish newsgroup about the ideas of Kozyrev and experimental and theoretical work on this subject done in Novosibirsk! I was even looking at the same article by Levich (I have also another article of him in a book about Kozyrev's ideas.)

Wow. The Article from A.P Levich is interesting to me because he seems to points out
that "time" is variable and depends only on the object being observed as if it contains
its own signature, it's own "internal time clock" and it is not necessarily connected to
a "universal time standard"? Does this support the notion that "time" is "non-linear" or
simply an illusion? Does the C's say that 'time' does not exist, and is only used by 3D
for their purposes? Nevertheless, what is "universal time", and by what standard do
we use synchronize "time" to? More interestingly, who can declare that universal time
standard, if at all? As it is, it is only by mutual cooperation that we humans have agreed
to define a "universal time standard" by radioactive decay" processes or by other accepted
processes as maintained by "standards agencies" around the world?

Getting back to the subject regarding geometrical shapes, could the subject of Cymatics
be related in some way? Cymatics is not related to spinning (as in a vortex) but only by
resonance generated by external transducers and the specific resonances gives the geometry
as seen within the collodial water. It also seems that the geometries created within also seems
to follow Plato's "Sacred Geometry" models as the water experiments indicates?. I wonder
if this geometry also related to prime numbers? I know, this is leaping ahead, but just thinking
out loud.

What is not clear to me is if the cylinder is completely filled with water and under pressure so
there is no possibility of air being introduced in the mix? I also wonder if solutions other than
water might give different geometrical results and the specific resonances might be based only
by the fluid's specific properties? Is there a relationship?

Very interesting indeed!

Back
Top Bottom