Ghost or dream or something else?

Kmicic

Jedi Master
Hello everyone,
I'm sorry if this would be something not important, but I would like to ask you if you had dreams like someone is sitting near your head on the bed and just gently strokes your cheek? My wife just came back from other city where she went with her friend. She told me that when she was sleeping, she felt that someone is near her head and gently strokes her cheek. She know that there is no one in the room besides her friend, and she heard that she was sleeping. She could move her body and breath, but she just feel to much fear to open her eyes. In that moment this strange "person" get up from her bed and dissapeard and she was wake up. What do you think, this was a dream or something else?

Hi Kmicic, it is difficult to say. Dreams can feel very real sometimes but by your description it doesn't seem like she was dreaming, as your wife was aware of her own body and apparently the weight of the "person" on her bed. If she is certain that it was not her friend and that there was no one else in the bedroom, I would consider a ghost/entity of some sort a real possibility.

You can maybe confirm with her if she felt that she woke up when her cheek was stroked or only when the "person" got up from the bed. If the former, then more likely that it was not a dream. Maybe also question if she remembers what she was dreaming about before that happened, it might give you some more clues.

You are collaborating in this forum.

Perhaps you have come to the conclusion that there is something in "existence" that our "senses" do not perceive.

Since "everything is lessons ...", then ...🤔

Hi kmicic,

It’s truly hard to tell, but I would inquire, how did the experience feel? Was it a pleasant caring touch? Or did it feel more invasive?

Whether it was a real outside entity or an internal creation, I’d probably start exploring it there. Beyond what the experience was, what did it mean?

Does that make sense?

I have previously had a somewhat similar experience that I will briefly cover, having written in my dream diary.

In early 2018 I awoke in my bed in a state of terror and ran out of my room screaming, waking up a number of people in the house. I could not recollect what caused me to do so which only scared me further.

On the 20th February 2019 this once more occurred though this time I also fell or rather jumped state down the stairs in a panicked state, thankfully only suffering a minor cut to my leg. This time I was too panicked to renter my room without some clarity on the situation. So I sat down in the hall room light trying desperately to recall why I fled my room in a state of absolute terror.

I remembered that I had felt something touch my hand (it felt like another hand). During the time in which both these events took place I had been in poor health and experiencing sleep paralysis/attack incidents once a month or so. Now these would often involve physically struggling with things that would involve touching sensations and fleeing my room, which would typically end the experience. However, these all definitely occurred in some form of dream state, where my physical actions did not correspond with any movement of my body. Whereas in this instance I was sufficiently awake when ‘touched’ that I actually ran out and launched myself down the stairs in real life instead of a dream state.

It was very early so I reluctantly returned to bed. I decided if I wanted any rest I would have to just remain still if I felt anything more. I soon started to hear some sound frequency though not piercing in nature as with paralysis incidents. I lay curled up in bed securely gripping the covers, and keeping my eyes closed. I felt myself become paralyzed (though I made no effort to break out fearing I would hurt myself). I briefly mumbled and repeated some phrases until my voice faded and my mouth was unable to move. It then felt as if my body still curled up was floating in a void. Some force then uncurled and straightened out my injured leg, seemingly to inspect it.

The sensations stopped and I got up and had a drink before trying to return to sleep once more. The frequency soon began to resume and I curled up once more this time reciting prayers. This time I was not immobilized but tried hard to remain stationary as I felt two human ‘hands’. I slowly released my grip on my covers and my hands were lowered in front of me by the ‘hands’, which then started to feel my palms. I dared to open my eyes for a moment to see a glimmer of light. I then heard a voice that sounded like a young girl saying “read the envelope”, the ‘hands’ had felt small and soft, maybe those of a child. I momentarily opened my eyes once more to see the vague white outline of an envelope in the darkness. The experience ended before I opened my eyes again.

I had the impression that the letter was meant as an apology for the beings role in my accident. I consider it possible that whatever it was may have been drawn to my sufferings and intended to help, or at least did not desire to inflict physical pain, and was concerned at my extreme reaction to contact. I have mentally repeated to myself since that any being desiring to ‘help’ me should not physically touch me, especially outside of a full on dream state. I don’t know how much this will help but I guess if the being doesn’t mean to cause fear and trauma it might listen.

Of course if the being is actively malevolent I am not really sure what to advise. My renewed focus on diet, health and breathing has resulted in a seeming end to my paralysis incidents and may make one less appetizing for such beings.

Thank you all for your answers and sorry for my absence. It's been a while since that happend and there wasn't anything abnormal after that event. Maybe it was something like Seato said but for now everything went calm. Only yeasterday my wife hear one "knock" to front door of our house when she going to toilet near that door in night (when everyone else was sleep) but it could be just differences in temperature outside and inside. For now everythings seems okey :-)

Back
Top Bottom