Gluten Free, Soy-Free Teriyaki Sauce

Miracle

Jedi
FOTCM Member
The forbidden flavor... Teryiaki. Long have you waited, long have you desired, long have you been wanting to recreate that flavor from long ago that ignites blissful childhood memories. But wait no more!

In a 34oz french press add 1/4 cup dried & granulated ginger, 1/8 cup dried & granulated orange peel, 4-5 dried & chopped shitake mushrooms, 6 large black garlic cloves chopped. Pour Bragg's coconut aminos till nearly full. Gently stir with a knife to get rid of any air bubbles trapped below the herbs. Press the herbs down just enough so they are completely submerged.

Let the french press sit out in room temp for 3-4 days for the flavors to be extracted from the herbs. The coconut aminos has some apple cider vinegar in it, so do not worry about it spoiling. I've made this recipe several times and left the concoction out for 4 days and did not get the slightest hint of it souring. What I did get was one awesome sauce!

I think this is a pretty fail-safe recipe. One time I over did the orange zest, one time I over did the ginger, one time I under did the black garlic... still tasted great.

Couple links to the supplies I used if helpful:

Bragg's coconut aminos (FYI amazing by itself. Fairly sweet, use in moderation):

Black Garlic (which is super fermented garlic. Has a really unique flavor that I'd describe as rich, sweet, earthy):

Ginger:

Orange Peel:
crid=36V9KUKUXCGYR&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.e4vrnzpFpEQg-i-DSqV9C_hJ615FiyiqZoKell3B6aLhjke4vurlA8TBrGXEVUkwSw-o-bRrMTlxjR4vlU54M5XHJTF8UDaqJr3xT4BkKYQuUNl1PjOtAkBaY0AoTL6bdeEreF8uhgVEO4wRGjBtKuvJkHZj5ViPgkScbCFE9CNp8KoYb0_WmSb_Y7i40gowud0ckfpM5EJMUIL_GuBIh2W98JBB4Wr_qVefF_nGM0ZY1t1LbMIHClWg27JzQWN6kvjxhm0TjwsW7eddDyjfhfHG9QGJpvxwNAZqAER6mFU.fo-_UlIuGHMqPoF6QzzPwwn3ta6agIEBPtvYahurjlw&dib_tag=se&keywords=orange+zest+frontier&qid=1722299653&rdc=1&s=grocery&sprefix=orange+zest+frontier%2Cgrocery%2C85&sr=1-1

Shittake:

Back
Top Bottom