Good and fast reporting source news sites?

lilies

The Living Force
What are the best source news sites If I want a quick overview of what is happening on the Globe, a quick state of the world, to see if there are any breaking news?

What do you deem the best news source sites Sott writers and those of you experienced in getting quick overviews about happenings on the Globe take your info from?

Topics of Sott and maybe some commerce.

Thank You, Kniall.

Shortly after I visited source sites cited in Sott.net articles I got the "Welcome to the Matrix" feeling. So much noise. Editors do a good job at data mining, selecting best writings that are worthy of attention!

lilies said:
Thank You, Kniall.

Shortly after I visited source sites cited in Sott.net articles I got the "Welcome to the Matrix" feeling. So much noise. Editors do a good job at data mining, selecting best writings that are worthy of attention!

Yes, that's the main objective of sott, to select news from varies sites to get kind of an objective picture of what is going on.

As Kniall wrote google alerts are possible too (alternative _talkwalker.com), beside news.google.com which gives a good overview on what is going on and can be adjusted individually if you are logged in.

lilies said:
Thank You, Kniall.

Yes the editors are pulling off mini miracles IMO. I got the "welcome to the matrix" feeling a few years ago when i began implementing changes due to the information accessed from the cass site, & especially the forum.
Big thanks to Kniall, i've got my "journalistic juices" back! :grad:

Journalistic juices rock!

Y'all should set up keywords for things of interest to us.

I get Google Alerts for:

Meteor
Fireball
Asteroid
Comet
Sinkhole
Psychopath
Food prices
Zombie

This helps the news come to me. Then when I open stories of interest, I start pulling on threads/connecting dots by checking how they're spinning the story, checking if we have the same or similar events covered on SOTT, and generally try to keep an eye on what's going on out there.

Great fun!

Kniall said:
Journalistic juices rock!

Y'all should set up keywords for things of interest to us.

I get Google Alerts for:

Meteor
Fireball
Asteroid
Comet
Sinkhole
Psychopath
Food prices
Zombie

This helps the news come to me. Then when I open stories of interest, I start pulling on threads/connecting dots by checking how they're spinning the story, checking if we have the same or similar events covered on SOTT, and generally try to keep an eye on what's going on out there.

Great fun!

Ah, zombies I forgot about them! And i also forgot about all of those keywords too. I was just excited as to having someone pointing me in the right direction for once (it's only the forum doing this, i'm surrounded by disintegrating er.."numpties" as they call it) & went & quickly set up the alerts before i made that post.
I'm gonna bookmark this page for later as i've got almost too much to do, the recommended reading stuff (5 pdfs 3 books, then the cognitive psychology threads to dissect) watching & testing the subtleties of the diet, & trying to cultivate an atmosphere for sleep, (got to heal that gut so i can start on B-broth & move off of stock) well if you don't see any posts from me for a while, it'll be because i'm in recovery.
Just picture the scene in Total Recall where arnie's dressed as the woman in the Mars airport, he convulses & the head comes apart! Hopefully mine won't blow up afterwards because of the info influx i'm going to start receiving!
I would just like to say that i would love to really contribute to sott or more, but i am what someone recently on the forum called "a tech thicky." I'm still teaching myself how to use the internet with all the things most take for granted & all the nooks & crannies where you can get lost in if you're a newbie like me, & this is only from May! Hopefully i'll learn enough rapidly in the coming months, though i have a feeling the famine might beat me. Or the plague. Or fire, or ice.. journalistic juices rock!! :rockon:

H-KQGE said:
I would just like to say that i would love to really contribute to sott

Cool, well it sounds like you've caught the bug and have a plan, so when you get things in some order, let us know and you can become a SOTT editor. In the meantime, you can send article suggestions here.

Onwards and upwards!

Gawan said:
lilies said:
Thank You, Kniall.

Yes, that's the main objective of sott, to select news from varies sites to get kind of an objective picture of what is going on.

As Kniall wrote google alerts are possible too (alternative _talkwalker.com), beside news.google.com which gives a good overview on what is going on and can be adjusted individually if you are logged in.

Thanks for sharing the talkwalker website, I find it helpful and easy to use.

I've started using the Talkwalker website for news and am impressed with the results so far. It has caught news that Google Alerts missed. :thup:

Back
Top Bottom