Good Omens

Rich

The Living Force
This is a Terry Pratchet book that Amazon has turned into a series.
A tale of the bungling of Armageddon features an angel, a demon, an eleven-year-old Antichrist, and a doom-saying witch.
I've watched the first three episodes and particularly enjoyed them.
The book was given to me by a friend 30 years ago when I was recovering from a psychotic episode that came about at the time I was selling Advertising Space for a company in Dorking. I used to joke with friends that my job was "Talking in Dorking".

This series is particularly meaningful (or biased) to me and the second episode begins with the reference to the town of Dorking in Surrey.
The screenplay reminds me of MontyPython Life of Brian in the light-hearted nature it gives to biblical mythology.

I just find the connection I have to it a little weird but it has a certificate of AGES-12-AND-OVER - so fun for all the family:)! :)

Just a small point, I was a little irritated that in the third episode there was a drift into global warming. I suppose it is almost impossible to get away from these days and it finds its way into the most popular of places.
I can see it is a good place to put the thetoric since the general theme is apocalyptic. But I don't remember there being any references to it in the original book.

Back
Top Bottom