Google+ ..Sick Of Facebook Security..Want Something..Er..Better?

Talas

Jedi
Well most of the Forum members here have Facebook and we all no the Security,sharing of information etc that goes on with the Big F and NOW the MIGHTY Google has stepped up to the plate and brought you
Google +..More Secure,Safer,Use it at work(The Boss will love you)..have Circle of friends that are easier to share with..More Intergrated (Easier to get to all our users info..But of Course we wouldnt..Where Google).
Its live on 31 oF July and there are people on ebay selling Invites to the beta..

Well if you wish to see the NEXT/Another Social network wonder..or not...[removed by moderator].Of course Youll be Safe,Google is your Friend..

Hi Talas, we really don't encouraging using the PM system to communicate on the forum. For now, perhaps you can use your invitations for those people who you already know and already have their email addresses. This is in the best interest of everyone's privacy and protection.

Of course Youll be Safe,Google is your Friend..

:rotfl:

Not likely. Google is no different than all the rest. If we're online, there are eyes watching everything. Conducting ourselves with that in mind is just common sense.

Gimpy said:

Not likely. Google is no different than all the rest. If we're online, there are eyes watching everything. Conducting ourselves with that in mind is just common sense.

I think he was being sarcastic. ;)

Indeed Anart your Right and my Sarcasm and genral frustartion of another way to get our information was being waved in our faces and so many will take the bate and in such an important time. :)

I know that many of the Cassiopaea Forum members have taken to Facebook as a means to spread the wealth of information we have at our disposal here.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,15795.msg131977.html

And many of us have noted that Facebook is beginning to censor certain information, as with GreenMedInfo and the SOTT.net Facebook profile.

Facebook is certainly still useful, in my opinion, but I also think it's usefulness will begin to dwindle, due to the censorship problem, as well as recent developments with Google's upcoming Facebook Killer: Google +.

_https://plus.google.com/

Currently Google Plus is in limited, invite-only beta-testing, but once its released, it'll take over social media in the same way that gmail took over email.

I have some friends on a certain other forum that I frequent who have access to invites, and if anyone's interested, I could have them send some invites to the way of anyone who wants to investigate Google Plus for the purposes of spreading information as we're currently doing on Facebook. All I would need is a gmail email account to have them send the invite to.

I know that, knowing what we know about what goes on behind the scenes at both Facebook and Google, this is like deciding whether the CIA or the NSA will be snooping in on us. Still, the fact of the matter is that Google + is going to be huge, as well as a wonderful means of spreading information, and I think we need to be there on the ground floor when Google + takes off.

Thanks.

anart said:
Gimpy said:

I think he was being sarcastic. ;)

Yeah. Ye olde diet changes are making me flaky. Apologies Talas. ;)

Has anybody else been following the Google+ craze over the last couple of days? The excitement level has been reaching a fever pitch with the tech-geek population of the web dipping into what seems eerily similar to a fanatical/religious response.

Which, incidentally, it seems carries a similar vibe as Steve Job's i-craze.

When Google has everybody roped in, (and with the clever marketing of Google+ it looks like this is the goal), they will have achieved vast, centralized control over personal information, personal opinions, personal everything. Anonymity in Google-land will become an instantly revokable privilege no longer in the control of the individual but rather in the hands of Google. This will, and already is, leading to a mode of social dialogue where people find themselves self-censoring their words and thoughts to match the same kind of Google-ish behavior set I've noted in Apple devotees; A glassy-eyed, Authority Knows Best kind of smiling acquiescence to corporate fascism.

If anybody wanted to cast a mind-control spell over an entire planet, they could do a lot worse than to launch a service like Google+.

Here's how the marketing appears to work. . .

Google built a new, prettier and more slick Facebook. Then they offered limited memberships for which only a few select and successful (read, "cool") people made the grade. This created the sense in the world that there was an exclusive party to which most people were not invited, thus instantly turning Google+ into a hot commodity via well-worn herd instinct buttons.

Secondly, those lucky few are able to extend invites to others within their personal circles, (Google+ is all about the circles. Same thought pattern as their marketing.) Those people are thus placed in power positions where they can feel special, like the nerd who comes to school one day with the box of candy, who everybody suddenly wants to befriend. -But they'd better spend that candy quick, because every other special nerd also has a box of candy, creating a race to hand out the treats while they are still worth something. Gotta capitalize on your popularity while it lasts!

And Kablooie. Google+ suddenly has tens of millions of members almost overnight. Geometric growth combined with herd instincts combined with good old personal insecurities ingrained during Jr. Highschool? Genius marketing!

And what is the result?

Well now. . , Google comes that much closer to owning and having the ability to track and record every personal interaction of everybody, everywhere. Google is not just a search engine; it's an information vacuum which is endlessly hungry to know everything about everyone.

As Google collects more companies, offers more services, lulls everybody into using it, then disconnecting yourself becomes increasingly difficult. Consider: If you offend Google in one area, you risk being ejected in every area; you can currently have your Gmail account suspended, your ability to post to YouTube suspended, if you are a company, your ability to advertise on Google suspended. What else can they suspend? How about all your Cloud Applications and associated data? All Google next has to do is link up with Paypal and Amazon, (and by proxy, the IMDB and eBay) and they will effectively be able to divide people into the happy dreamers inside, and those out in the toxic wastes.

Instinct is such that people will want to remain inside, smiling placidly at one-another, accepting lies, with the quiet program running in the background of their minds, "Do not say or think anything outside the box, and I'll be able to remain with the herd."

Consider an entire planet throbbing to that vibration.

Total planetary control, indeed!

Woodsman, your post leaves me with the desire to smash every computer in the house. ;D

That's okay though. Part of me just sees all that as a creative challenge, as just another petty tyrant. I figure if my parents had no luck in forcing me into an authoritarian box, these guys have no chance whatsoever. :evil:

(the diet changes are making me fiesty. Time to go breath.. :rolleyes:)

EE does help in finding a stable footing to deal with all this crap. I think its important not to lose heart when some new overshadowing widget is dumped on us.

Gimpy said:
Woodsman, your post leaves me with the desire to smash every computer in the house. ;D

That's okay though. Part of me just sees all that as a creative challenge, as just another petty tyrant. I figure if my parents had no luck in forcing me into an authoritarian box, these guys have no chance whatsoever. :evil:

(the diet changes are making me fiesty. Time to go breath.. :rolleyes:)

EE does help in finding a stable footing to deal with all this crap. I think its important not to lose heart when some new overshadowing widget is dumped on us.

I agree. It's about the creative challenge. I might even end up using Google+ if it meets my needs. What frustrates me far more than the manipulation itself, is the fact that it seems to work so easily without anybody even noticing that they are being played.

There will always be tigers and sharks, but if people know the nature of those beasts, then they can much more easily and effectively go about their lives without surrendering their souls to illusion. Awareness of reality sets up a much healthier vibration, I think, than does fanatic reverence.

Back
Top Bottom