Hearing Frequencies Change and Feeling Atmospheric Differences

SadEyes

Padawan Learner
So this may be a little hard to explain, but I am going to do my best to describe a very unusual phenomenon that has been occurring much more lately than it has in the past.

While I am familiar with what the C's said about people hearing ringing or frequencies in their ears and that usually signifying "being monitored" (sorry if I don't have the correct quote from their transcript to back that up), I feel that this is something different.

There are many times throughout the day when suddenly I will hear a frequency in one ear. The strange thing is, the sound doesn't appear to be coming from my head, but from a specific direction outside of my body. For instance, one could be sitting in a chair and suddenly, from the top right corner of one's head, a frequency suddenly sounds and it can be felt coming from that specific direction. If I turn my head so that another ear can face that direction, the sound will come into that ear. If I am at a location and it is too loud to pick up the sound, I will feel it (again, coming from a specific direction) before I can actually pick up the sound. It almost feels as if it descends on me.

I wouldn't say that I am worried about this, but it is very unusual and quite disturbing; given the fact that I'm not sure how to handle this situation. While meditating one day, the same thing happened. As I tuned my awareness towards the sound and feeling, I noticed a strange sensation build up. The next moment, it felt as if the whole room was spinning.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?

SadEyes said:
So this may be a little hard to explain, but I am going to do my best to describe a very unusual phenomenon that has been occurring much more lately than it has in the past.

While I am familiar with what the C's said about people hearing ringing or frequencies in their ears and that usually signifying "being monitored" (sorry if I don't have the correct quote from their transcript to back that up), I feel that this is something different.

There are many times throughout the day when suddenly I will hear a frequency in one ear. The strange thing is, the sound doesn't appear to be coming from my head, but from a specific direction outside of my body. For instance, one could be sitting in a chair and suddenly, from the top right corner of one's head, a frequency suddenly sounds and it can be felt coming from that specific direction. If I turn my head so that another ear can face that direction, the sound will come into that ear. If I am at a location and it is too loud to pick up the sound, I will feel it (again, coming from a specific direction) before I can actually pick up the sound. It almost feels as if it descends on me.

I wouldn't say that I am worried about this, but it is very unusual and quite disturbing; given the fact that I'm not sure how to handle this situation. While meditating one day, the same thing happened. As I tuned my awareness towards the sound and feeling, I noticed a strange sensation build up. The next moment, it felt as if the whole room was spinning.

Hi there SadEyes,

Just to rule out some physiological things first:

Are you on any medications? Could be tinnitus (possible side-effect).

Are you experiencing any light-headedness, dizziness, balance issues, or are you in anyway dehydrated? (could be an inner ear, vestibular prob like vertigo or similar)

Certainly not trying to down play your experience, I just think its best to at least rule out any conventional probabilities first :)

SadEyes said:

I get those high pitched signals too. I can't say for sure that it isn't tinnitus, but from what I know about that condition, I'm pretty certain that it is not that.

I've never tried to turn, when it occurs. Have to try that. It also doesn't seem to be stress related. It happens at very random times.

I thought perhaps it was wiring, or oscillating frequencies from electronic sources, though I've always felt it was something other than that. My reasoning is that it doesn't just happen indoors. It can happen almost anywhere. As far as the frequency of ocurrance, it doesn't take place very often...perhaps once or twice a month.

It may be interesting to log them on paper and then check to see what extra-electrical phenomena were happening at those times. For instance, meteor/fireball activity in the area. Records for meteor/fireball activity can be found at the American Meteor Society site. Or, full Moon, new Moon, approaching weather systems, heightened solar activity, etc.

Work with it; something interesting might synch with it. Anyone else have any thoughts on this, or some personal research to share?

Just a thought, but I've read cases where muscle tensions in the neck and shoulder area have caused ringing sounds in the ear. For example, some individuals with Menierés disease (disorder of the inner ear) have found relief by working on their tensions in these areas. However, the fact that you say it's coming from a specific direction doesn't fit this. Does this only occur at your home, or at other locations, too?

Also, are you young (under 25), and does it coincide with turning on a TV? I remember when I was younger I was sensitive to the high sound frequencies that TVs emit when turned on. This will diminish as you get older and lose sensitivity to those frequencies. But I'm sure TVs today emit more than just a high frequency sound. It could be some other electronic device.

Ghostdoghaiku said:
It may be interesting to log them on paper and then check to see what extra-electrical phenomena were happening at those times. For instance, meteor/fireball activity in the area. Records for meteor/fireball activity can be found at the American Meteor Society site. Or, full Moon, new Moon, approaching weather systems, heightened solar activity, etc.

That's brilliant, didn't think of that. I will also try journaling whenever it happens to me as well. It is not very frequent, but quite prominent when I experience ringing as well. Why not meteors or Electro-phonic phenomena?

3D Student said:
Also, are you young (under 25), and does it coincide with turning on a TV? I remember when I was younger I was sensitive to the high sound frequencies that TVs emit when turned on. This will diminish as you get older and lose sensitivity to those frequencies. But I'm sure TVs today emit more than just a high frequency sound. It could be some other electronic device.

I suppose this could be possible as well. My SO can always tell if the TV is on - even when it's muted - no matter where she is in the house. She can just hear a hum or tone.

Just an aside, but I still remember the old wives tales: "someone's talking about you", or "if your left ear is ringing, then you should do whatever it is you're thinking about at that moment, but if your right ear rings, you should do the opposite."

...Silly superstitions...

I'll try and answer s many of those questions as I can:

CNS said:
Hi there SadEyes,

Just to rule out some physiological things first:

Are you on any medications? Could be tinnitus (possible side-effect).

Are you experiencing any light-headedness, dizziness, balance issues, or are you in anyway dehydrated? (could be an inner ear, vestibular prob like vertigo or similar)

Certainly not trying to down play your experience, I just think its best to at least rule out any conventional probabilities first :)

I'm not on any medications, and follow a strict keto diet. I only experience dizziness if I smoke too much tobacco; this feeling occurs both before and or after. Water intake has been great.

Aragorn said:
Just a thought, but I've read cases where muscle tensions in the neck and shoulder area have caused ringing sounds in the ear. For example, some individuals with Menierés disease (disorder of the inner ear) have found relief by working on their tensions in these areas. However, the fact that you say it's coming from a specific direction doesn't fit this. Does this only occur at your home, or at other locations, too?
I do a lot of stretching, yoga and movements, so tension isn't an issue for me, and certainly can't describe the sensations which take place on the surface of my body.I'm 28, and have noticed that it happens whether I am indoors or not. Certainly, I do feel the frequencies from TV's and especially wireless routers most places I go. The frequency change with a atmospheric change occurs in all of these conditions; which is the troubling part. Sometimes they feel like pings, others the descend and stay; fading away without me noticing.

CNS said:
Just an aside, but I still remember the old wives tales: "someone's talking about you", or "if your left ear is ringing, then you should do whatever it is you're thinking about at that moment, but if your right ear rings, you should do the opposite."

...Silly superstitions...

That makes a bit of sense. There have been several instances where it has occurred on the right side; and my phone would go off minutes later. But even that less frequent than the "usual" feeling. For quite a few months I used to get nervous because I thought I was feeling pulses from some HAARP satellite.

Have you searched the forum for other threads on "ringing in ears"? There are at least a half dozen. You may get some insight into this by reading what others experienced. You might want to try "buzzing in ear" as well for a few more hits.

I used to have all kinds of "electronic noises" in my head, ear ringing, and even a propeller type noise. I've not had it so much in the past couple of years and thought perhaps the Low Carb Diet somehow helped. But as of late, I've had what sounds like a buzzing in the ear that switches off just as quickly as it starts and lasts only a few seconds.

I suppose as the wave approaches, this "hyperkinetic sensate" will produce more than a few weird things in people. And as always, best to rule out the more mundane causes first.

Back
Top Bottom