Help with a Booklist

Noxulus

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi there, over the last few years my mother has acquired a number of titles by Laura, Gurdjieff and Ouspensky. I'm interested in reading into the subjects however I don't really know where to begin. I'm hoping that if I list them here I could get some feedback as to where would be best to start. I was also wondering if there's any background reading I should do before tackling The Wave? Thanks.

Gurdjieff:
  • Views from The Real World
  • Life is real, only then, when I am.
  • Beelzebub's tales to his grandson
  • Meetings with remarkable men

Laura:
  • In Search of the Miraculous
  • Almost Human
  • The Secret History of the World
  • Ancient Science
  • High Strangeness

From Ouspensky there's "The Fourth Way".

Hi, Noxulus:
imo you should read "The Wave" first because it touches on all subjects. Then I suggest "In search of the miraculous"
which was written by Ouspenski and gives an introduction to Gurdjeff's work. Then the other books by G. but keep
Beelzebub,s tales for last as it is very difficult otherwise.

The I highly recommend the 5 Psychology books ( see reading list on forum) as they are important for work on yourself.
That should keep you busy fro a while.
Enjoy!

Hi Noxulux,

It is recommended to read Laura’s Wave series first and is available on-line here.

The Adventures Series would be ideally second.

Almost Human is volume seven in the Wave.

I would suggest reading High Strangeness next.

The Secret History of the World is an expanded updated form of Ancient Science.

In Search of the Miraculous, (authored by Ouspensky) has Gurdjieff’s approval as an accurate portrayal of what he taught and is recommended to read before the others.

Thanks for the direction! I'll get started with the Wave then, also apologies for my mistake with In Search of the Miraculous.

For esoterica The Wave is a perfect start, followed by In search of the miraculous, but it is important to have a good conception of also the psychology, so be sure to read the Big Five as soon as possible as Leo40 suggested. They can be very helpful if you've had less than a smooth life.

Also, remember to get acquainted with the diet section here, lots of useful information relating to diet and supplementary programs.

Also Gnosis of Boris Mouravieff and Lost Christianty by Jacob Needleman are important reading.

And here's a link to a long list of recommended books

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=4718.msg31032#msg31032

Nice reading!

Back
Top Bottom